• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

In today's Straits Times, a Singaporean man spends Sg$10k just to propose to his girlfriend (sekali she said no)

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
So many rich Singaporeans... if he spent Sg$10k just to propose (sekali she said no), imagine what he'll be spending on the wedding itself.

Many Singaporeans spend lavishly on their proposals & weddings, then after marriage not enough money, couple quarrel until divorce. :cautious:

1616455685829.png

He paid a discounted fee of $4,500 for the customised show as his videographer had connections with the company.

His last surprise was revealing that he had booked a two-night stay at the hotel, so they could enjoy the decor for longer. In all, Mr Toh spent about $10,000.

https://www.straitstimes.com/life/travel/proposal-staycation-drone-light-show-for-school-sweetheart

Related articles :
https://www.straitstimes.com/life/travel/proposal-staycation-bali-not-possible-sentosa-will-do
https://www.straitstimes.com/life/t...ted-to-surprise-him-but-was-surprised-instead
https://www.straitstimes.com/life/t...to-put-a-ring-on-it-or-celebrate-special-days

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
So many rich Singaporeans... if he spent Sg$10k just to propose

Sir, 10k is not a lot of money nowadays. it can be easily earned in a matter of a few weeks if u know how to.

But since this is Straits Times, i wonder how they got this article and if it is fake. How did they know he is going to proposed? Did he tell the news to create his story for the whole world to know?

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
$10k is not much la. But the level of stupidity is high if he thinks that love is forever. I have come to accept that love is just a fleeting feeling between a male and a female. After 5-6 years, the feeling of love will shift to a feeling of responsibility and guilt to care for the other half. Lol.... don't tell me u clowns still believe in love hor!

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Excellent journalism from the Shitty Times as usual. :wink:

What was the message those Braddell prostitutes were trying to drive home?

1) You still can get married during a pandemic.
2) Please support the local hotels with staycations.
3) This is the 'minimum standard' when it comes to a marriage proposal.

And I wonder what those people were thinking when they agreed to be featured in articles like this one? Do they get free gifts or they just want the attention? :rolleyes:

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All these proposing hotel rooms, being featured in Shitty Times is a big con.
These girls tell us they were "surprised" and took time to "recover from the proposal" - these stupid
girls are telling the world that they are willing to be test-driven by men in hotels and that the
proposals are incidental.
These men are stupid if they think that all they need are money and creative proposals to have a
successful marriage. All they are telling us is that they have been screwing the women and now want
to take them off the market.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
10k can renovate a room, buy a lot of days of zup cai peng. Buy a lot of days of bubble tea. Go study a course that can earn u higher pay. Yet the guy spend it on a pussy that will in 3 years time can sue you under women charter and take half your wealth ?

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Excellent journalism from the Shitty Times as usual. :wink:

What was the message those Braddell prostitutes were trying to drive home?

1) You still can get married during a pandemic.
2) Please support the local hotels with staycations.
3) This is the 'minimum standard' when it comes to a marriage proposal.

And I wonder what those people were thinking when they agreed to be featured in articles like this one? Do they get free gifts or they just want the attention? :rolleyes:
Huh,,,,Minimum standard for a proposal,??????? WTF is that? than got 'minimum standard' on wedding? Dowry? tables given to the chicks familee? must give flat and house and car? if that is the minimum standard,,,better to not get married

knnb40

Alfrescian
Loyal
$10k is not much la. But the level of stupidity is high if he thinks that love is forever. I have come to accept that love is just a fleeting feeling between a male and a female. After 5-6 years, the feeling of love will shift to a feeling of responsibility and guilt to care for the other half. Lol.... don't tell me u clowns still believe in love hor!

in the eye of the beholder....some believe some don't.

I have came across husband and wife married for 40-years and still loving...but such example is getting less.....:redface:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
in the eye of the beholder....some believe some don't.

I have came across husband and wife married for 40-years and still loving...but such example is getting less.....:redface:
an american couple was married for 69 years and died of wuhan virus on the same day, minutes apart.
D3E793FB-9E54-4EE6-9953-30EDAD975098.jpeg
23BE38C3-8D81-4923-B00A-536FC2840363.jpeg

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The trend now is divorced within 5-7 years. Or staying married but no longer having sex... usually 'for the sake of the children'.

Some are divorced twice, and proactively seeking a third marriage partner. :eek:

Also, the rise of single motherhood, and the age of single mothers is getting younger and younger. :biggrin:

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
The trend now is divorced within 5-7 years. Or staying married but no longer having sex... usually 'for the sake of the children'.

Some are divorced twice, and proactively seeking a third marriage partner. :eek:

Also, the rise of single motherhood, and the age of single mothers is getting younger and younger. :biggrin:
Single mothers was never an issue when the Stop at 2 was implemented,,and to think the clowns say its a bad policy

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal

Stop airing your life story in this forum. We know we know. :thumbsup: