• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

In the Court of Public Opinion, ia PAP corrupted?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Corruption has been leegalized and institutionalized.
Uniquely sinkieland and no other does it better.
LKY is the poster boy for dictators.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Please define what is "Court of Public Opinion"?

1. Netizens who give opinion behind the anonymity of the Internet?
2. Netizens who give opinion using own names, like Facebook
3. Real life feedback from non netizens
4. Others

Which one above?

Last edited:

longbow

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do not think there is any corruption just does not look good. Singapore has very little corruption and credit has to be given to MM for that. Just go look at Malaysia, indonesia, Philippines and you know what I mean. We often see politicians in those countries plunder the wealth for personal gains (Marcos comes to mind). That is one good point that the PAP has - it is clean. I am no lawyer and too chim for me so i checked wikipedia on meaning of corruption.

Here is wikipedia's take:

In philosophical, theological, or moral discussions, corruption is spiritual or moral impurity or deviation from an ideal. Corruption may include many activities including bribery and embezzlement. Government, or 'political', corruption occurs when an office-holder or other governmental employee acts in an official capacity for his or her own personal gain.

Political corruption is the abuse of public power, office, or resources by elected government officials for personal gain, e.g. by extortion, soliciting or offering bribes[6] It can also take the form of office holders maintaining themselves in office by purchasing votes by enacting laws which use taxpayers' money.[7]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corruption

Last edited:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am sure even all the school children will be wondering what's the difference between so-called "legalised corruption" and "real corruption".

I am sure all the school children think that corruption is corruption, whether it is "legalised" or not. Hearing the term will only create bewilderment, confusion and perplexity in their young minds.

Perhaps it would be good if someone can enlighten or educate them on what is the meaning of it all?

LEEgalised corruption takes place in S'pore while corruption takes place outside S'pore, like in neighbouring countries. The kids should be able to understand.

Picardo

Alfrescian
Loyal
LEEgalised corruption takes place in S'pore while corruption takes place outside S'pore, like in neighbouring countries. The kids should be able to understand.

Kids are smart. But if corruption is made out to be such an honourable thing, then don't you think all those school kids will grow up to practise corruption routinely as a norm too? Will that be good for society?

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It is corruption no matter how you see it.

The software and the lease of software from that low life $2 company is a way to bend around the law to get taxpayers money to themselves.

Whose money is it to buy the software? Taxpayers money.

whose money is it to lease it from the $2 company after it sold the software to? Also taxpayer's money.

i have said it many times, PAP existent is to suck as much money from the taxpayers to themselves as possible being cahoots among the current PAP members and ex-PAP members to get money for themselves , not by honest business means , but by corrupted sucking taxpayers money.

This is what low life ball-less coward sinkie losers vote for.

PAP are not in your sinkieland to build your country and care about the people's life. They are there to suck all your money to themselves through bending of laws and being a cahoot among these PAP scums.

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What is corruption? how do one define corruption. There are no corruption in SINgapore, everything is done according to the rule(s), but who set the rule(s)??

Taking advantage of the rule(s) to benefit a person or persons or a group, in which the rule(s) were made by the same people in the past or present, in which ultimately they will benefit from it...is this corruption??:rolleyes:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yes it is corruption when such doing involves taxpayers money and the interest is self serving. No matter if it is within or bending the rules.

Last edited:

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
The tender process looks quite similar to the NPark Brompton case. ie. Rigged in such a way that only a preferred party will qualify.
If the Brompton case was referred to CPIB, shouldn't this be investigated as well.

Actually I think perhaps the City Harvest case is emblematic of what is going wrong in Singapore.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
in the court of public opinion, is the pap guilty of corruption in the aim affair?

Corrupt/ not corrupt...... What do you think?

ha ha ha ha
ho ho ho ho

this question even got to be asked?

Hee he he he
ha ha ha ha

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In the Court of Public Opinion, is the PAP guilty of corruption in the AIM affair?

Corrupt/ Not Corrupt...... what do you think?

It could have cleared the air on the AIM saga easily by just being outfront ...lay it out on the table when the issue was raised. Nope. They offer little information and tried to evade the issue. Then the latest AIM statement which triggered more questions than answers the issue. And it insulted the intelligence with untenable reasons such as 'cumbersome and inefficient'.

The way AIM handled this issue, what would the average person think? There is something fishy about the whole deal and they are wishing for it to go away.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is NOT corruption.

Only the PAP is entitled to use taxpayer money as it pleases. That's why with tens of billions lost in investment deals, there is no public outcry. Either sinkees are dumb or they really bo chap.

That town councils can sell software developed with taxpayer money for a song and then lease it back paying more plus a management fee (what kind of management is provided when town council still has to have its IT team to provide support?) is no big deal.

Sinkees are filthy rich and won't be bothered with how taxpayer money is being spent by the government.