• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

In the Court of Public Opinion, ia PAP corrupted?

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In the Court of Public Opinion, is the PAP guilty of corruption in the AIM affair?

Corrupt/ Not Corrupt...... what do you think?

Capano2121

Alfrescian
Loyal
They do not involve themselves in corruption!
They are above that!
They are only hypocritical about their misuse of authority!
They are only anti non-party members!
They are merely doing everything that serves their interest!
They are simply lining their own pockets!

A multimillion dollars salary public servant will never be corrupt, they are merely aspiring for more! A corrupted public servant would be paid peanuts but will secure plenty of under table undeclared cash payment for favours granted to rich individuals or organisation! All the accusations against them are all false because all are declared & can be traced, it is just lapses that would cause them bringing in family to the picture.
Like bringing in in-laws as ministers, son as CEOs of government investments, in laws to head government investments group, ministers appointed as director in scores of companies which they do not even have the faintest idea where the office is!
Public funding of organisations & projects which later becomes party properties!
All these are mere lapses in judgement which they will gladly spill some tears of extreme remorse and apologise, later which you will accept & life goes on with no remedies!
All else are corruption!

cunnilaubu

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
In the Court of Public Opinion, is the PAP guilty of corruption in the AIM affair?

The tender process looks quite similar to the NPark Brompton case. ie. Rigged in such a way that only a preferred party will qualify.
If the Brompton case was referred to CPIB, shouldn't this be investigated as well.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let me be on the record to say there is nothing wrong with fixing your opponents. Many ways there are to skin a cat. Why must the PAP leave these seeds of doubt which hints at improper conduct and conflict of interests? They are simply too much complacent. This shows poorly for the PAP.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Set all rules and laws first before systematically direct fund by legal way.

It is legal.....

But ethical? Maybe...... (Just in case they sue me, I say maybe. Which mean can be yes and no.)

BubbleTea

Alfrescian
Loyal
Set all rules and laws first before systematically direct fund by legal way.

It is legal.....

But ethical? Maybe...... (Just in case they sue me, I say maybe. Which mean can be yes and no.)
yep agree...the whole episode smacks of conflict of interests all over

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

No. PAP is not corrupt, they are just better at exploiting other people to line their pocket, including rigging meritocratic and fair processes. :biggrin:

PAP is able to exploit the Singapore laws, the press and judges to hide their skeletons in the closets, it is just unlucky that the AIM affairs is exposed.

But the damaged is now controlled because that Alex Au is sent a lawyer letter. The next job is to fix the MP who started all these.

Last edited:

SongBoh

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

My opinion? Corrupt lah. How can give to a $2 company? CPIB should investigate the $2 company directors like NBG and PL like that. Go to court and make it open with full transparency.

Otherwise alot of people out there buay song.

Picardo

Alfrescian
Loyal
There used to be a time when no one even dared to mention the word "corruption". And even if that was mentioned, it was done after looking behind the shoulder to see if anyone was listening.

But now, that word seems to be heard everywhere, and not only whispered, but freely spewed without much thought.

How times have changed.

Last edited:

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The tender process looks quite similar to the NPark Brompton case. ie. Rigged in such a way that only a preferred party will qualify.
If the Brompton case was referred to CPIB, shouldn't this be investigated as well.

A $2/= company set up with no track record!!! Tender documents require that said company should have a track record but award the tender nevertheless.

I myself had previous experience when one of my product was desired by a government organisation. Together with those responsible to prepare the tender documents, I had a hand in how it was worded in such a way, no other product qualified except one and that was my product. Guess who won the tender? This is the only way to go round the restriction as they needed at least 3 bids in order to award the tender.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it does not matter,,,as no matter what,,PAP will still win the erection for sometime to come,,and the more pap win,,the more it can do what it wants,,so what is the point of complaining and at the end of the day,,assholes still vote for them,,,

Picardo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am sure even all the school children will be wondering what's the difference between so-called "legalised corruption" and "real corruption".

I am sure all the school children think that corruption is corruption, whether it is "legalised" or not. Hearing the term will only create bewilderment, confusion and perplexity in their young minds.

Perhaps it would be good if someone can enlighten or educate them on what is the meaning of it all?

Last edited: