• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

If your mother and wife both drowning, who will you save?

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This Ah Tiong save the wife...CB Kia.

savewho%2001.jpg

A man caught in a desperate situation chose to save his drowning wife instead of his mum, who were both in a boating accident, and has now incurred the wrath of his family while gaining massive public support for his action.

China's Anhui province resident Xiao Guo, 28, told reporters he had taken his 52-year-old mum, Madam Sun, and his wife, Xiao Qing, on a fishing trip to Dianbu River. Madam Sun was casting the net when Xiao Qing leaned over the same side and tipped the boat over.

Neither Madam Sun nor Xiao Qing could swim. Faced with losing his wife to a watery grave or seeing his mum sink to the bottom of the six-metre deep river, Xiao Guo reacted instantly—as a devoted husband instead of a loyal son.

Xiao Guo pulled Xiao Qing to the overturned boat and pushed it toward the bank as she clung on for dear life. Once she was safe, he dove back into the water to try and rescue his mum.

Xiao Guo told reporters he had heard of people asking married couples the question, "If your mother and your wife were drowning, who would you save?" But he never imagined it would happen to him.

"My wife has never asked me that question, but I've thought about it and I told myself I must rescue my mother first," he said. When push came to shove, however, Xiao Guo found himself doing the complete opposite.

Xiao Guo's dad was mad as hell by his son's ultimate choice and reporters overheard him ripping into his son at the hospital. "Your mother was drowning and you only thought about your wife! She was hanging on to the boat already! How much danger was she in that you have to take her to shore first?"

"Of course, you must rescue your mother first!" he yelled. "Don't you care about her? She is very weak! She just had gallbladder operation!" We're guessing his daughter-in-law won't be on his Chinese New Year list.

But the story does have a happy ending: Madam Sun made it out alive. Xiao Guo managed to reach her in time and dragged her unconscious body to solid ground. Doctors told him that she had sucked a ton of water into her lungs and if he had been two minutes too late, she would have died.

Madam Sun told reporters that the last thing she remembers was seeing her son swim towards her, and added that she wasn't angry with him and had forgiven him. "I don't blame him. If not for him, I would have drowned," she said.

Xiao Guo insists he wasn’t thinking when he acted on gut instinct. "My wife was nearer to me," he explained. When asked if he would react differently if he could do it all again, he said he wouldn't. "I think the rescue sequence was acceptable. They were all saved." Xiao Guo and Xiao Qing were married in 2008.

Meanwhile, in an online poll conducted by ifeng.com, almost 54% of the 19,562 respondents on the survey overwhelmingly supported Xiao Guo's move to save the loved one closest to him. A paltry 2,963 people sided with his dad.

Source: Xinan Evening News

Published: 30th July 2012

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He'll look really silly if his wife leaves him next week.

Isn't natural?, his mum brought him to the world, from the same type of orifice, his wife gives him pleasure. Instinctively he will save , what gives him pleasure first! (:-

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Should have let them both drown.

Women are expendable. A man's life is more precious.
If you don't believe me, check out the lopsided gender ratio in China.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
moral of the story ...never let your wive and mother swim together at the same time in the same water :wink:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Quite true. Mother and wife should never be together at the same time ANYWHERE :biggrin:

bro, i have heard too many story of my married friend staying with his mother together under one roof ...hell break lose ..i pity him , kena stuck inbetween .

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
bro, i have heard too many story of my married friend staying with his mother together under one roof ...hell break lose ..i pity him , kena stuck inbetween .

women are one hell of a fucking emotional bullshit problem. Best is that they just keep quiet and cook food.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

That is the trouble, he can only stick one in between!, the other is a crime!

chorut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Moral of the story: If you save your wife, then make sure your mother drowns and your father does not know that.

Capano2121

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's ok to just save yourself! Mummy would give her life for the son anytime & the wife, well is just wife and another woman can easily replace! Under the Woman's charter you get a new wife & keep whatever you have! No hassle!!!