• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

if want to open a cai png stall in SG...need how much start up capital?

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
My cai png lunch today at a nearby coffeeshop is $3.50 for 2 veggies and one meat. But that stall's business doesn't look good, not many customers.

peacock

Alfrescian
Loyal
My cai png lunch today at a nearby coffeeshop is $3.50 for 2 veggies and one meat. But that stall's business doesn't look good, not many customers.

the jurong west there the market 2 meat 2 veg 3.20...everyday long queue...one day at least got 200 plate/pax sold

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
u must OWNed the place ,
if it is on rental sure to pack up sooner or later

owner/land lord has the knack of asking for more at their whims and fancy.
to increase rental purely out of greed
particularly when your business is good , the owner will come to talk to u about the ransom.

scums running High Density Building and Japan Traitor Corp , etc are good example
of how rental have been increasing .
ask those operating a store in any hawker centres , they got many tales to tell.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
u must OWNed the place ,
if it is on rental sure to pack up sooner or later

owner/land lord has the knack of asking for more at their whims and fancy.
to increase rental purely out of greed
particularly when your business is good , the owner will come to talk to u about the ransom.

scums running High Density Building and Japan Traitor Corp , etc are good example
of how rental have been increasing .
ask those operating a store in any hawker centres , they got many tales to tell.

If TS is able to owned the place, I am sure TS won't be here to ask about startup cai png stall Liao.

Onitsuka

Alfrescian
Loyal
U only scare cannot find workers not scare no business?
Pay decent salary sure have workers.

Not so easy, Bro.

Imagine for every plate sold at $3.00 owner makes $1.00 after deducting rental, raw materials and existing manpower, if you bring in one more staff now and pay him $1,500 per month, you have to sell another 1,500 plates to cover the cost of the new staff. After that, you can think of making money.

And you can't be getting 1,500 plates per staff everyday. One day of poor business will wipe out profits for 3 days of good business because there is still rental, raw materials and staff per dollar per day to pay, regardless of good or poor business.

As a result, owner himself must get involved to earn the salary of one employee.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not so easy, Bro.

Imagine for every plate sold at $3.00 owner makes $1.00 after deducting rental, raw materials and existing manpower, if you bring in one more staff now and pay him $1,500 per month, you have to sell another 1,500 plates to cover the cost of the new staff. After that, you can think of making money.

And you can't be getting 1,500 plates per staff everyday. One day of poor business will wipe out profits for 3 days of good business because there is still rental, raw materials and staff per dollar per day to pay, regardless of good or poor business.

As a result, owner himself must get involved to earn the salary of one employee.

Yeah that's the problem with rental payment and manpower.
Last year I did a roi for a restaurant business buy over on paper look promising but that is provided everyday hit target. One day off or no business also backside peek char.
Blame it on the high rental cost. If the shop space belongs to me is a totally different game.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yeah that's the problem with rental payment and manpower.
Last year I did a roi for a restaurant business buy over on paper look promising but that is provided everyday hit target. One day off or no business also backside peek char.
Blame it on the high rental cost. If the shop space belongs to me is a totally different game.

Hi choot, Was the review for yourself, I mean the study and roi

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi choot, Was the review for yourself, I mean the study and roi

Yes when I self terminated my job last yr I have a opportunity to buy over a small restaurant from someone who is emigrating.i check the owners accounts and also do secret premises patrons count. Looks very promising to me although will be hard works.
But my decision was due to overcoming the rental and manpower cost as well. The risk is too high for people that cannot withstand a non operation of 1 month, I will end in bed ok reservoir.

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
that's why I thinking of hiring one JB kia as cook

ok even if you have settled the cooking part, you have to worry about the price point and food quality.

if food is good but not cheap, you attract the PMETs and generally the white collar crowd.

if food is cheap but not good, you attract the foreign workers and generally the blue collar crowd.

you have to strike a balance of nice tasting food at affordable prices to attract everyone.

and that is how your cai png stall can succeed.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the jurong west there the market 2 meat 2 veg 3.20...everyday long queue...one day at least got 200 plate/pax sold

Assume he sells 200 plate average per day ...$640 in daily revenue. His cost of goods ...50 percent ...he makes only $320 ...still got overheads to pay. He pays himself nothing?

nanjingren

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, thought I share. Regardless of whether you set up cai png, cher zar stalls or even a bistro, your concerns have to be your prime cost, i.e., your cost of goods plus labour. Generally in the F&B industry, prime cost should be 60-65%, not including other operating expenses such as rental & utilities. Wishing you the best in your venture.

Onitsuka

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Peacock, you can try Changi Airport T2, the rental is cheapest of the current 3 terminals. Got captive customers.