• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

If Sing MRT fast as HK and each GRC had their own train service

fivestars

Alfrescian
Loyal
If our mayor had their five MRT Tracks.

If each GRC Town Council had their own LRT Tracks

If our MRT and LRT subway train intervals 120 seconds

We do not need private car and our elite can enjoy road without jam, EPR and free from polution

Why are trains faster in Paris, Tokyo, HK?

I WAS fortunate enough to travel with my wife to Paris, Tokyo and Hong Kong in the past three months. The public transport systems in these cities seem far more impressive than Singapore's.

Subway trains in Paris arrive at intervals of between 90 and 105 seconds. Those in Tokyo and Hong Kong arrive at two- to 21/2-minute intervals. In Singapore, the peak period train interval is four minutes. Most of the time, it is six minutes.

The Paris and Tokyo train systems are much bigger and older than Singapore's, yet they have a higher frequency of arrivals.

Our taxi price structure is confusing. I live in Potong Pasir and work in Raffles Place. I occasionally travel to work by taxi, boarding at 5.45am to 6am, either calling for one or hailing one in the street. The fare for the same 15-minute journey ranges from $8.50 to $16.50.

The list of surcharges and midnight charges is mind-boggling. I do not even bother trying to take a taxi home from my office because the fare would include Electronic Road Pricing charges and other confusing surcharges.

In Hong Kong, you can get a taxi anywhere, and the fee is based on the meter regardless of the time. If you call for a cab, you get a 20 per cent discount. So you know approximately how much it would take to travel from point A to point B at any time.

The authorities should study how our public transport system compares against those in these three cities.

Just because we have been living with our current transport system does not mean it is acceptable. If I had not travelled to these cities, I would have thought our public transport system acceptable if not good.

Nicholas Joshua Law

flkyflky

Alfrescian
Loyal
When the PAP goes broke further, and finished spending the reserve they will have to tear down MRT & LRT to sell as scrap metals you know? They are already selling SIA planes since the previous recession, now selling even further.

You think what?

Their backside no body wants, can sell for much money you see?

fivestars

Alfrescian
Loyal
When the PAP goes broke further, and finished spending the reserve they will have to tear down MRT & LRT to sell as scrap metals you know? They are already selling SIA planes since the previous recession, now selling even further.

You think what?

Their backside no body wants, can sell for much money you see?

Many opposition support ever discuss, poor PAP ruling party make Singapore homeless ( Pok Kai ) even gold hill and silver hill willl gone over night. Break Home Son. ( Pua Kei Kia ). They gamble all the Ah Gong (our saving) money with international share and bond.

But PAP ruling supporter said, PAP will invest carefully and spend money carefully. We are so rich, please donot talk rubbish here.

So how?

fivestars

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you to Media Development Authority (MDA), Information, Communications and the Arts, Ministry of (MICA),
Home Affairs, Ministry of (MHA), Judiciary, Supreme Court (SUPCOURT), SPH, Media Cop and so on.

We are small boy and they are big boy. Kill bird SDP to warn monkey opp. Sorry so scaring.

fivestars

Alfrescian
Loyal
If any Datuk or Sultan pay for the non violent activities and give a job or a career sure some will not scare.

No money who pay the court?

No money who pay for your family food and shelter?

No lawyer how to defend the truth?

How come Francis Seow, Teng Liang Hong and other leaving Singapore?

How come ISA and Sec 55 jail bird leave prison and never wait for victory?

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I wonder if we're talking about the same Hong Kong. The frequency of the Hong Kong MTR I went to wasnt any better or worse then the MRT here. However it should be noted that the MTR stations in HK usually has better variety of shops as compared to the ones here. However in terms of accessibility for the disabled, SG stations are better. U need to climb down at least 1 flight of stairs in almost all MTR stations in HK while all stations in SG have ramps for wheelchairs and escalators and elevators. As for frequency, I don't know about the NE line but the NS and EW line usually have at least 1 train > 3 min. Its only non-peak hours that really bugs me. I've waited slightly more then 5min during off peak hours before. However we still beat Taiwan, Thailand and China hands down. Can't fight with Japan though. However I agree with this guy on the local MRT can improve frequency point.

As for Japan its so freaking cramp that they need to have that kind of frequency. If you think SG is bad, imagine the same space U get in SG and at least another 50% more passenger per sq/ft.

As for HK taxis, I'm assuming that guy never took the cab beyond the district he is at. Going from Kowloon to HK Island/Lantau for example, U need to pay tolls too. That said, I don't have too much of a problem with Cab fares here, it's fairly easy to estimate how much a journey will cost once U've taken a cab a couple of times. However I have a greater problem with the Cab driver's attitude and the way they drive. I hate driving close to cabs, as if the local SG inconsiderate driving method isnt bad enough, cab drivers like to improve it with dangerous driving. Changing lanes abruptly without signaling seem to be the rule for them

And our Public transport system unacceptable? The guy seriously needs to travel to more places before he makes that comment.

Last edited:

fivestars

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you tell the fact, the rulling party will said you are not giving a construction answer.

You are complaining and accuse the world top talent. They will modified your idea and finding your fault.

Who dare to give feedback?