• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

IF QUANTITATIVE EASING PART 3 HAPPENS, GOLD SHOOTS TO USD 5000/Oz, SILVER USD 1000/Oz

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2011/07/one-of-big-us-banks-texted-me-today-to.html

Thursday, July 14, 2011
"One of the Big US Banks Texted Me Today to Say that If QE3 Actually Happens, We Could See Gold at $5,000 and Silver at $1,000. I Feel Terribly Sorry for Anybody on Fixed Incomes Tied to a Fiat Currency Because They are Not Going to be Able to Buy Things with that Paper Money"

Ambrose Evans-Pritchard writes:

"It is very scary: the flight to gold is accelerating at a faster and faster speed," said Peter Hambro, chairman of Britain's biggest pure gold listing Petropavlovsk.

"One of the big US banks texted me today to say that if QE3 actually happens, we could see gold at $5,000 and silver at $1,000. I feel terribly sorry for anybody on fixed incomes tied to a fiat currency because they are not going to be able to buy things with that paper money."

China, Russia, Brazil, India, the Mid-East petro-powers have diversified their $7 trillion reserves into euros over the last decade to limit dollar exposure. As Europe's monetary union itself faces an existential crisis, there is no other safe-haven currency able to absorb the flows. The Swiss franc, Canada's loonie, the Aussie, and Korea's won are too small.
"There is no depth of market in these other currencies, so gold is the obvious play," said Neil Mellor from BNY Mellon. Western central banks (though not the US, Germany, or Italy) sold much of their gold at the depths of the bear market a decade ago.

Step by step, the world is edging towards a revived Gold Standard as it becomes clearer that Japan and the West have reached debt saturation. World Bank chief Robert Zoellick said it was time to "consider employing gold as an international reference point." The Swiss parliament is to hold hearings on a parallel "Gold Franc". Utah has recognised gold as legal tender for tax payments.

A new Gold Standard would probably be based on a variant of the 'Bancor' proposed by Keynes in the late 1940s. This was a basket of 30 commodities intended to be less deflationary than pure gold, which had compounded in the Great Depression. The idea was revived by China's central bank chief Zhou Xiaochuan two years ago as a way of curbing the "credit-based" excess.

For background, see this, this, this and this.

Note: I am not an investment adviser and this should not be considered investment advice. Personally, I am long gold.

Sperminator's note : Some news I've found online, hope its good for you guys for reading this... I think it's a good idea to keep GOLD & SILVER Bullions at your home... keep it in small coins versions, there maybe a time we may need to trade with it for food, weapons, water... etc... If Quantitative Easing Part III happens, I wonder what will happen.

What do you guys think?

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: IF QUANTITATIVE EASING PART 3 HAPPENS, GOLD SHOOTS TO USD 5000/Oz, SILVER USD 100

QE3 sure come one.................

and when USD go down some more...................the rest of the world follows..............

so gold priced in USD will go up...................but value of USD go down.......................so it's a race...............LOL

gold should be at those prices long ago................but kept down by the commercial banks...............

*** i read about a report that when oil was at USD147 a barrel...................JP Morgan and goldman Sachs held majority of the oil contracts

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: IF QUANTITATIVE EASING PART 3 HAPPENS, GOLD SHOOTS TO USD 5000/Oz, SILVER USD 100

So everyone is just sitting around waiting to be fucked by USA QE3?

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

QE3 sure come one.................

and when USD go down some more...................the rest of the world follows..............

so gold priced in USD will go up...................but value of USD go down.......................so it's a race...............LOL

gold should be at those prices long ago................but kept down by the commercial banks...............

*** i read about a report that when oil was at USD147 a barrel...................JP Morgan and goldman Sachs held majority of the oil contracts

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dear Brother GOD IS MY DOG,

My pleasure to meet a like minded fellow to share real information online here.

In your opinion, for most people like us, (pointing to myself), what can we do in order to maintain the value of our assets?

are there huge opportunities that present itself when QE3 happens this year?

how do we capitalize on these opportunities?

I would like to learn from your ideas (of course would not hold you responsible ) we are all answerable for our own actions.