• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

If FORBES Publish This Letter, I Guarantee They Will Be SUED!!!

ozeman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Scroobal

Ok perhaps my health warning was not to clear. She may be a misguided idiot IMHO, but nevertheless her language and insinuations are very much over the line when it comes to defamation in Singapore. Granted I may be one of those who advocates avoiding lawsuits, and that she is from the fearless and brave and morally upright and beyond reproach camp, but knowing how they operate, fearless without thought or consideration of consequence until the shit hits the fan and the PAP being rich enough as it is. Well lets just see what happens when the letter from LEE and LEE hits them, then it will seprate the women from the blustery kids.

She is I believe already an SDP member, a pretty active one, and if she stands and makes the same ill considered statements as she has in that letter, well she needs a warning to think true how far she is willing to go in following Chee's sister and in the charge of the Chee Brigade. I may not agree or like her and I believe the feeling is mutual, but I believe LEE and LEE are busy and rich enough

Locke

not everyone is a coward like you, mate. jaslyn says what she wants to say while you continue to ungkat bodek? heh heh...............

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is nothing amatuerish nor unsophisticated about the letter. It absolutely wrong. Its terrible. She was talking about oranges when it was about apple.

I have seen simple, unsophistcated and amatuerish letters to the press that is spot on.

We are not talking about a badly built house. We are talking about a supposed house builder calling a stable a house. Get the picture.

while Jaslyn may be amateurish and unsophisticated, at least she stands up for her beliefs.

you? nothing but an armchair critic, talking like you're some big shot. perhaps you are in real life, but here, you are just another moniker farting tru your arse. you represent all that is wrong with Singaporeans.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I did comment sometime back about Uncle Yap and her. Both would not register in a lawsuit radar. I will be very surprised if it did.

Dear Scroobal

Ok perhaps my health warning was not to clear. She may be a misguided idiot IMHO, but nevertheless her language and insinuations are very much over the line when it comes to defamation in Singapore. Granted I may be one of those who advocates avoiding lawsuits, and that she is from the fearless and brave and morally upright and beyond reproach camp, but knowing how they operate, fearless without thought or consideration of consequence until the shit hits the fan and the PAP being rich enough as it is. Well lets just see what happens when the letter from LEE and LEE hits them, then it will seprate the women from the blustery kids.

She is I believe already an SDP member, a pretty active one, and if she stands and makes the same ill considered statements as she has in that letter, well she needs a warning to think true how far she is willing to go in following Chee's sister and in the charge of the Chee Brigade. I may not agree or like her and I believe the feeling is mutual, but I believe LEE and LEE are busy and rich enough

Locke

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many years ago, I attended a rally at Woodlands town centre. There was an opposition chap that gave a speech along the lines that before the PAP took over rice was $X per kati and now it is $Y per kati and he said that PAP was pocketing the difference. The entire speech was along these lines and I was astounded. It was in dialect. I thought he was going to be sued to kingdom come. Nothing happenned. Many years letter Dhanabalan's brother stood against him and apparently gave a similar speech and nothing happenned.

I guess, IQ is a factor. If you tell the public at a Political Rally that LHL is actually from mars and therefore cannot represent human beings, I suspect that you will not be sued. Look at Uncle Yap.

Dear Scroobal

Imagine her making the statements at an election rally :_))

Locke

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Scroobal

Like the Eugenics, LKY believes in...smart people should marry smart people for better genes and a better gene pools..ditto smart people should only sue smart people. kekekek I get your point

Locke

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Scroobal

Imagine her making the statements at an election rally :_))

Locke

I think you're overreacting. Even PAP has a strategy when it comes to suing, just as it has a strategy on picking an opposition scarecrow. It may not work, but that's beside the point.

You get sued when they try to nab the leader/CEC/candidate and/or in official languages. Actually Scro brings up a point - dialects are a way to reduce the lawsuit chances. When JBJ and WP tried to sue Tay Boon Too who was speaking in Hokkien, they could not translate the words into Queen's English that meant defamatory meaning.

Furthermore there is nothing defamatory in the post. You hardly get sued when you state available facts. You get it when you insinuate something. The other saviour is to throw in at least a fair word like in the first sentence of the 4th para.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
who is Dhanabalan's brother ?

btw was harbans ever sued by PAPs?

Many years ago, I attended a rally at Woodlands town centre. There was an opposition chap that gave a speech along the lines that before the PAP took over rice was $X per kati and now it is $Y per kati and he said that PAP was pocketing the difference. The entire speech was along these lines and I was astounded. It was in dialect. I thought he was going to be sued to kingdom come. Nothing happenned. Many years letter Dhanabalan's brother stood against him and apparently gave a similar speech and nothing happenned.

I guess, IQ is a factor. If you tell the public at a Political Rally that LHL is actually from mars and therefore cannot represent human beings, I suspect that you will not be sued. Look at Uncle Yap.

rodent2005

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't find the letter defamatory but under SG law, anyone can sue anybody for defamation. Perhaps we should change the law.

The point of her letter is: being ranked by a renouned publication is a honour. She's saying that Ms Ho Ching shouldn't be given such an honour.

UseYourBrain

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well for Jaslyn it doesn't matter what and how you rate her letter. She is not sitting for any comprehension exam. What she wants is Forbes to know that someone hates Ho Chin to the core for what she did to Temasek. Atleast by agirl name Jaslyn. Now Forbes on it's own sweet time and the comfort of their office can pick point by point and make it into an article or essay I future.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why would you think she was sitting for a comprehension exam?

A girl walks to the bus stop wearing a torn skirt and winter jacket on a hot, humid day. People think that she is not appropriately dressed. I suppose your response would be - she is not taking part in a fashion parade.

Do you think that she wrote the letter so that only Forbes Editor has to see it or is it for public consumption and comment.

Well for Jaslyn it doesn't matter what and how you rate her letter. She is not sitting for any comprehension exam. What she wants is Forbes to know that someone hates Ho Chin to the core for what she did to Temasek. Atleast by agirl name Jaslyn. Now Forbes on it's own sweet time and the comfort of their office can pick point by point and make it into an article or essay I future.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal

It is one of the best letter I had ever read.Why?...Simple and concise.The beauty lies in its simplicity.That any Tom or Dick or Harry who is unfamiliar with SG or Leegime politics can understand without having to google for references.And short enough for publication as a letter to the editor as well.

CumSpitCobra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Scroobal

Locke

Can you ever argue without getting personal? You sound like as if she has rejected you before..... a man badly spurned :smile: