• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I want to be a monk and owns a BMW and 3 properties

peterlth

Alfrescian
Loyal
20090421.180706_mingyi_case1.jpg

The ex-chief of Ren Ci Hospital revealed today that he owns three properties in upscale districts and owned a BMW in Menbourne, Australia as recently as two years ago.

According to Chinese evening daily Lianhe Wanbao, Ming Yi's response to an earlier question about his lavish lifestyle was, "While helping others, I have to take care of myself as well."

The monk, 47, is facing four charges for making an unauthorised loan from Ren Ci's coffers to his ex-personal aide Raymond Yeung in 2004. Yeung faces two charges related to the same case.

Ming Yi broke down several times as he took the stand today, Wanbao reported. He told the court how he became a monk, how be became abbot of Foo Hai Ch'an monastery and how he set up Ren Ci.

The court proceedings also revealed that the monk has three properties under his name. The properties are located in upscale areas at Orchard, Stevens Road and Holland Road.

According the Wanbao report, the properties were purchased with the help of a wealthy woman from Brunei as well as contributions from devotees. Ming Yi also revealed in court that he lived in one of these properties with other monks when the Foo Hai Ch'an monastery was under construction.

He also told the court that he is one of the listed owners of three other properties, including The Cornwall, a condominium at Holland Road. These properties were purchased using Foo Hai Ch’an monastery’s money and were meant to be investments, Wanbao reported.

The monk also stressed that none of Ren Ci’s money was used in the purchase of all the properties.

Lianhe Wanbao also reported that Ming Yi once owned a BMW which he purchased in Melbourne, Australia.
Ming Yi told auditors in December 2007 that the payments made on his credit card to BMW were not for car parts as previously claimed, but for the purchase of a car. The payments were all made in Melbourne.

But when the auditors questioned him on how he could arrange to pay for a car by credit card, Ming Yi changed his statement, saying that he forgot which car parts were purchased at that time.

The monk also added that the BMW in question was sold in 2007, and that the car belongs to him. His then personal assistant Raymond Yeung, owns a second-hand car, which was subsequently sold.

Angelo

Alfrescian
Loyal
While helping others, I have to take care of myself as well.

This one really takes the cake.

Now we really should start an online petition to derobe this hobo monk.

Last edited:

Tiu-leh-see-fart

Alfrescian
Loyal
Under the current regime, the monk seems to be quite normal.

Why defrock the monk?

Promote this monk to " PAP monk"

Of course, modern society means modern monk and pastors---big big pay first and then take care of the rich followers.

scoopdreams

Alfrescian
Loyal
Be a monk, have 3 upscale properties and a BMW, and abstain from sex?

No bloody way, I still like to share escapades with my buddies. Even if he (Ming Yi, not buddy) had sex secretly, he can't yak about it - that's sad. You never know whether you are doing things right.

Freud says the driving impetus of all human actions boil down to sex. What's the use of all material wealth in the world to a man if he cannot even have a little tryst? And don't you dare say "Meditate whole day long.".

Last edited:

takcheksian

Alfrescian
Loyal
Under the current regime, the monk seems to be quite normal.

Why defrock the monk?

Promote this monk to " PAP monk"

Of course, modern society means modern monk and pastors---big big pay first and then take care of the rich followers.

As far as I am concerned, Ming Yi sounds like the perfect candidate for PAP MP. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

He really knows how to divert peasants' money into his own pockets. Well done! World class talent!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Defrock and give him an RJC uniform to wear plus a lightning flag. :oIo::oIo::oIo:

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
No thanks. I've have my less upmarket 3 properties, and lux cars without the need to abstain, rapel from building, shed crocodile tears, or go the gayish darkside :biggrin:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
...and abstain from sex?
You never know whether you are doing things right.
Freud says the driving impetus of all human actions boil down to sex. What's the use of all material wealth in the world to a man if he cannot even have a little tryst? And don't you dare say "Meditate whole day long.".
Divine intervention?:p:biggrin:

cheekenpie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bloody hell. News 5 yesterday noght never mention about the properties or this stupid statement about taking acre of himself. Only talk about how difficult it was for him to start up renci.

Bloody mediacorp trying to do coverup issit? Hope people dont read papers

Evo888

Alfrescian
Loyal
damn...what are we all getting ourselves into man...
what kind of society are we all living in? even religions are a mess!

shan zai shan zai.....

Evo888

Alfrescian
Loyal
he probably regrets not having done a spiderman stunt up the swissotel....could have tan ga gao gao, packed up n left...without having to face all these allegations...

ko lian aaaahh...chin jia ko lian dai...

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
u wanna be a monk and owns bmw and properties? sure u can. but in the next life, u might have to downgrade and born as dung bettle.

scoobyhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Be a monk, have 3 upscale properties and a BMW, and abstain from sex?

No bloody way, I still like to share escapades with my buddies. Even if he (Ming Yi, not buddy) had sex secretly, he can't yak about it - that's sad. You never know whether you are doing things right.

then be a pastor who can marry, or buddhist monk (tibetan or thai) who can marry.

2lanu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Read on the paper last night and he tried to wriggle himself out of this shit. His action done at most merit him as buddhist follower, he is not even fit to be layfollower.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
[ I want to be a monk and owns a BMW and 3 properties]

u want to be prosecuted and go to jail too?

jw5

Loyal
You have to be prepared to scale down a tall building on national television.
Dare or not? :smile:

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
then be a pastor who can marry, or buddhist monk (tibetan or thai) who can marry.

FYI, Buddhist monks from Shaolin also can get married. The communist party forced the monastery to remove this rule during cultural revolution, I am pretty sure it was not re-instated.