• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I thinking of Leaving Singapore.....

jw5

Loyal
Just be happy. :p

Many talk and talk and never even apply. Some apply and cannot get PR. Some apply and got PR but in the end never move. Some apply, got PR, moved and then moved back to Singapore. Some apply, got PR, moved and then made their new country their home. Which one will you be?

Getloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
It take years to plan, apply and move.
If you are not game for it, forget it and keep sucking thumb.

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
You cannot completely leave the country!

Even if you do it physically, your heart will still remain Singaporean!

That is why I am still here!! Hee!

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal
From reading all of your writings, I can really sympathize and understand all of your frustrations.

Just remember that the Ang Mo Nations like USA, CANADA, EUROPE, Australia, NZ, regard us Asians as 2nd Class Citizens...

During this point of time, it's the Global Economic Crisis, and Europe is showing signs of crumbling, likewise USA is feeling the strain as well... No thanks to the petrol-recycled-dollar, nor No thanks to the weak coalition of EURO currency... both currencies are equally flawed, and subjected to abuse by the very people who created the currencies.

I doubt anyone of you would consider Africa Continent, a God Foresaken land, ruled by the old colonial powers... learning French, Spanish, Italian, Arabic, Portuguese may be a Boone if you consider Africa Continent as a land of opportunities. Many parts of Africa Nations are having Economic Crisis right now...

Taiwan is losing steam from their Electronics Manufacturing Miracle, and remember that Taiwanese are 无耻!!! You'll be bullied. Alot of Taiwanese Factories are already closing down in China... so, it's going to be a Economic Recession in Taiwan

Hong Kong is losing steam simply by offending China during last year, where they wanted Democracy, when they are actually under the CCPC rule, and since when they were given the right to vote even during Colonial Rule by the British Drug Lord?, and yes, Hong Kong were ceded to British Rule back in 1897, when they won the 2nd Opium War against China... Hong Kong is so crowded, life is actually worse off than Singapore... you can check with your friends who frequent Hong Kong... it's a matter of time (don't know how long), Hong Kong is absorbed by Shenzhen forming Greater Shenzhen, instead of Greater Hong Kong... and also please remember that 香港人无情!!!

How about the Surrounding South East Asian Countries? It's really not better than Singapore... I doubt anyone could live in the conditions... I did stay in Indonesia Jakarta for a few years, and find that it's really like Singapore back in the 1970s... Malaysia Johor Bahru feels like Singapore in the 1990s...

To tell you the truth, I did stay in China for close to a decade, and I still miss Singapore!

Home will always be home... Home is were our heart lies...

Do not be discouraged... Of all the places that I've visited in my lifetime, I still find that Singapore is a Heaven On Earth...

If you are seriously leaving Singapore, I would suggest you read about them first... and perhaps have a tour there and live for a month or 2 if financial situation allows... if not, can always backpack... manage your expectations.

Emigration is going to be very hard... you'll feel so alone, most of the time... you'll not have any friends... worst, you do not know WHO TO TRUST...

Do not give up your citizenship easily... find out if the newer land is for you? for your family? for your future generation?

You will miss all the food Singapore Culture have to offer... you will miss all the Singlish Jokes... you will miss SINGAPORE, OUR SINGAPORE.

I've never thought of giving up my citizenship before... I want to remain as a Singaporean all my life, and die a Singaporean...

We've sacrificed at least a 2 to 3 years of our blood, sweat, and our best years of our lives to serve and protect our nation... and numerous reservists obligations for our Country, for our Families, for our friends and neighbors...

Maybe the next best idea is the survey the enclaves form up by ex-Singaporeans from all over the world, and stay a few weeks and months there... reach out to them, and see if this is what you want...

My hope for my fellow Singaporeans who are still in Singapore, PLEASE STAY... Life is really good in Singapore. I touch my heart when I say this.

However, if it's because you want to escape the stresses of Singapore, and live a full life of choices, having big lands in your surrounding, becoming a farmer... by all means...

It's only yourself that can change your reality... no one else will do it for you.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You cannot completely leave the country!

Even if you do it physically, your heart will still remain Singaporean!

That is why I am still here!! Hee!

Decades of brain washing is hard to erase. All those that leave should get help to break out of the PAP-thinking immediately in their new country.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Wanna leave just leave lah, talk so much crap for what..

want to leave sinkieland still behave ball-less... really hopeless.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You can start by applying. If you do not have the PR the issues are even greater. If you have the PR then it becomes more of a real choice. But before that, all these so called "issues" are a waste of time. All talk no action. I know what it is like because I went through it. And the Singapore society, mentality and teaching is all about being "certain", "safe", "sensible". Which is why all the excuses come up when you talk about change. All the conditions that must be laid out and present before one takes the plunge. "Is it safe?" "Confirmed good for me?"

Steve Jobs told Stanford graduates "Stay foolish, stay hungry". In Singapore it is "Stay sensible, work hard".

Precisely. I like the rebel in you.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How difficult? Fill in the forms, give the relevant documents, if you need to show English proficiency do IELTS. It's probably not any different in the actual process of applying. Getting the PR may be another thing altogether. But as I said, just take it one step at a time. If you are serious about emigrating, put in those applications! Don't waste time pondering about the "many issues" if you don't even have the PR.

After the actually get the PR you still have time to ponder as you are not obliged to move at all. You probably also have about 2-3 years to prepare your actual move. (You can do the landing as a short holiday).

Many talk and talk and never even apply. Some apply and cannot get PR. Some apply and got PR but in the end never move. Some apply, got PR, moved and then moved back to Singapore. Some apply, got PR, moved and then made their new country their home. Which one will you be?

How to apply? :biggrin:

Huat-Ah

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wanna leave just leave lah, talk so much crap for what..

want to leave sinkieland still behave ball-less... really hopeless.

Cannot ask for more feedback before making important decision ? I know you are kan cheong trying your best to promote your country, but hey i am NOT interested :wink:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Cannot ask for more feedback before making important decision ? I know you are kan cheong trying your best to promote your country, but hey i am NOT interested :wink:

PAPib, go and suck your master's cock lah..

if leaving a country need to ask so many questions, then just stay in sinkieland and rot.. so simple.

an adult already still so useless.

Huat-Ah

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAPib, go and suck your master's cock lah..

if leaving a country need to ask so many questions, then just stay in sinkieland and rot.. so simple.

an adult already still so useless.

Don't want lah. My cock is now very clean as you remember yesterday you have suck my cock ?? Anyway I don't care whether you tonychat or AssChat, go back to where you come from. Nobody force you to come to this thread to TROLL like an idiot ! :rolleyes:

Boy go play your weak dick....:biggrin:

Huat-Ah

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess our Tonychat really NO life.

Lets look at this stats :

Super TONS of rubbish post since 2008 ! Looks like you have wasted your life in this forum and look more than useless than me.

In Life, there are BETTER Things to do boy.....lol :biggrin: