• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I have mixed feelings about LKY!

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last night I had a conversation with my wife. She said LKY is not bad after all, since majority of Singaporeans have a HDB flat to live in. Some even better, lived in condos or private apartments. Most have jobs and have families. That brought me into thinking.

Well indeed compared with other developing countries, Singaporeans have it all, house, job and maybe cars. But why are Singaporeans complaining? We should be thankful for God's blessings on our country. Compared to Mao ZeDong, he's a nicer guy after all. At least he didn't screw up substantial portion of our population. Surely we can give some credits to him?

But then I keep on thinking, man this guy did all these so to benefit himself. his family and friends even more too. And he used suppressive methods to disable anyone who opposes him. He also monopolised many industries in SGP, so entrepreneurship is harder to flourish because of heavy liabilities to the state enterprises.

I donno maybe I aspire my country to be along side with the 1st tiers countries. Anything lesser is unacceptable to me, because of the values instilled into me during my growth with the country. Freedom of speech and democracy is also very important to me, now I am not hungry. Furthermore I don't want my children to live in an atmosphere of stress and fear.

So, I really have a mixed feelings about the Old Man.

Somewhat like eating a kiam sung tee like that kinda of feelings..

What about you? How do you feel about the old man?

Last edited:

PAPsupporter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Our legend Lee Kuan Yew has already been a phenomenon legendary great leader of Singapore. No matter how much unpleasant rumours about him, deep inside all Singaporeans heart, he is definitely an undisputable great legend of Singapore.

Maverick01

Alfrescian
Loyal
I share the same sentiments as you. I have great respect for him over the years but the in recents years, various comments I have read online seems to have swayed my mind in some ways. But I always compare ourselves to the other SE Countries and ask...do I want to be in Indonesia? Malaysia? Answer is NO..and I rest my case and not think about it...Ambivalent indeed but lead life as it goes and just focus on what you can do and not what others can do for you....

Last night I had a conversation with my wife. She said LKY is not bad after all, since majority of Singaporeans have a HDB flat to live in. Some even better, lived in condos or private apartments. Most have jobs and have families. That brought me into thinking.

Well indeed compared with other developing countries, Singaporeans have it all, house, job and maybe cars. But why are Singaporeans complaining? We should be thankful for God's blessings on our country. Compared to Mao ZeDong, he's a nicer guy after all. At least he didn't screw up substantial portion of our population. Surely we can give some credits to him?

But then I keep on thinking, man this guy did all these so to benefit himself. his family and friends even more too. And he used suppressive methods to disable anyone who opposes him. He also monopolised many industries in SGP, so entrepreneurship is harder to flourish because of heavy liabilities to the state enterprises.

I donno maybe I aspire my country to be along side with the 1st tiers countries. Anything lesser is unacceptable to me, because of the values instilled into me during my growth with the country. Freedom of speech and democracy is also very important to me, now I am not hungry. Furthermore I don't want my children to live in an atmosphere of stress and fear.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
I share the same sentiments as you. I have great respect for him over the years but the in recents years, various comments I have read online seems to have swayed my mind in some ways. But I always compare ourselves to the other SE Countries and ask...do I want to be in Indonesia? Malaysia? Answer is NO..and I rest my case and not think about it...Ambivalent indeed but lead life as it goes and just focus on what you can do and not what others can do for you....

A lot of people are depending on what others can do for them and not what they can do.

Just need to look around our nearest neighbours. Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand. Would we want our country to move in the direction like theirs?

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I disliked LKY for destroying / suppressing chinese culture in the 1960s till now. I can't care what's his reasons for doing this / his past achievements.

He has insulted all chinese in singapore by destroying chinese culture.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Singapore is NOT China so what's wrong with destroying some stupid culture from a foreign land!:rolleyes:

You still wanna grow a pigtail and bind your wife's feet?:eek:

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
I disliked LKY for destroying / suppressing chinese culture in the 1960s till now. I can't care what's his reasons for doing this / his past achievements.

That is why I have been telling everyone, the CHINESE hates our Garment till today, especially him. And they know S'pore is still within the family.

Use to really think some good of him. Nowadays, I spend telling S'poreans the truth about all the lies that is spewing out by our 154th Ranked media and the Ministars.

eeoror88

Alfrescian
Loyal
At least less and less of the sound of chinese helicopters hovering is good for the country.

Spelling test for Chinese helicopter:

How to spell "immediate" ?

Helicopter: er..er...er... " I idiot" ??

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore is NOT China so what's wrong with destroying some stupid culture from a foreign land!:rolleyes:

You still wanna grow a pigtail and bind your wife's feet?:eek:

Chinese culture is not stupid.

Singapore's population, 75% of the population is Chinese.

No Chinese would bind the feet nowadays. No Chinese would grow pigtail nowadays.

Last edited:

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
A lot of people are depending on what others can do for them and not what they can do.

Just need to look around our nearest neighbours. Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand. Would we want our country to move in the direction like theirs?
Why must you compare yourself with 3rd World nation , when our leader harp that they are more then mortal and they are more then world class ...... they simply touted themselves as above human capability.

By the same token , we shd ccompare ourselves with USA, since we are 1st World. If a ceremonial president after all the pay cut , and he still managed to get a 3 million pay per yr. Why shd u compare yourself with Malaysia, Indonesia , etc etc ?

When they want to suppress our salary , they say that we are very EXPENSIVE compare to CHina and india

When they want to up their salary , they say they must be paid on par with all the TOP 8 professional !

Hypocrite and Gluttony suit them fine !

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why must you compare yourself with 3rd World nation , when our leader harp that they are more then mortal and they are more then world class ...... they simply touted themselves as above human capability.

By the same token , we shd ccompare ourselves with USA, since we are 1st World. If a ceremonial president after all the pay cut , and he still managed to get a 3 million pay per yr. Why shd u compare yourself with Malaysia, Indonesia , etc etc ?

When they want to suppress our salary , they say that we are very EXPENSIVE compare to CHina and india

When they want to up their salary , they say they must be paid on par with all the TOP 8 professional !

What is so great with USA when they already have so many financial institutions bankrupt, needing bailouts. Auto-mobile industries needing aids.

Every country have its problems. No 2 countries are the same.

birdie_b

I shared the same feeling as you do towards LKY, althought I must agreed that he had done a lot for us and Singapore but that does not give him the right to hang on to power, we must move on with the best man on the helm and I thing LHL does not have what it takes, he is there becos of his father let us not deny this.

The rise of Singapore has 2 very important factors, LKY, I do not deny is one of the factor, he has been a great leader, the 2nd factor are the people of Singapore, especially the older generation in their 60s' and 70s' now, this are the group of people that have contributed the most in terms of building Singapore as what it is today, creating the reserves we had but yet the government has discarded them, is this correct? It is like a son that does not want to take care of the father in their old age, when the govenment has law that requires the children to take care of their parents at their old age, the govenment have push off all their responsibilities.

I have now completely lost my respect for LKY, he had claim too much credits for building what Singapore as it is today and acted like a god to his people but forgotten that he alone without the "SINGAPOREAN" cannot achieve the status we have come so far.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My msian friend who a PR here said we singaporeans "seng1 zai4 fu3 zhong1 bu4 zhi1 fu3" compare to his msia, singapore is so much better. He said that even though MIW salary are very high, at least got do work. Compare to the BN, eat money yet no work done.

I think it in our asian blood, we dont mind govt leaders "take coffee money" as long the amount is reasonable and still got do work. I find it very sad after so many years of education yet we still condone this sort of nonsense.

As much as LKY had done for Singapore, he had been paid for doing his job. Right now, i dont give a flying fcuk what he had done, what i concern is what can he do in the present to justify his multi-million salary. What past had past, we should only see to the future. That why when i cast my vote, i dont care what the candidate had done but i hope the candidate can do in his next 5yr term.

Anyway, i wont compare my vision of singapore to other countries, be it Msia, Indonesia, Japan or even USA. What i hope is that future govt respect human rights, civil rights, act within the laws and set policies that let economy properous and lastly, dont leave any groups of citizens behind in our pursuit of monetary gains.

breakaway

Alfrescian
Loyal

I felt that he has done well. However, I am very annoyed that he bestow too much power to his own people. I was a victim before so I like to say this to his lackeys and that is have a bad new year you assholes!:oIo:

manx007

Alfrescian
Loyal
No doubt he is a man of legend and creator, but he build it and destroy it! Whats the point of having a big house and not happy staying in it.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Singapore's population, 75% of the population is Chinese.

No Chinese would bind the feet nowadays. No Chinese would grow pigtail nowadays.

Correction... 75% of the population are of Chinese descent. They aren't Chinese anymore.

The reason why the Chinese don't grow pigtails anymore is because they're trying their best to be Western. Some even want to "black"!!!!:eek:

340x.jpg