• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

i.got bitten by a stray dog just now

meaninglesslife

Stupidman
Loyal
managed to shake him off but my calf got a bite bruise puncture doggy teeth mark but little blood only...my.fren tell me go see doctor otherwise get rabies. really?

Last edited:

meaninglesslife

Stupidman
Loyal
how I got bitten is i saw the stray dog in the neighborhood and went to playandpat him. he was ok and seem to enjoy it. then my mobile phone rang. it must have triggered him and he became aggressive. i quickly walked away but he came for me and bit my calf...why dogs doesn't like sound of mobile phone ringing???

meaninglesslife

Stupidman
Loyal
just saw this on nparks website, so I think I shd be ok...
https://www.nparks.gov.sg/avs/anima...-diseases-and-antimicrobial-resistance/rabies

3. Is Singapore rabies-free?

Yes, Singapore has been rabies-free since 1953. However, there are still reported cases of rabies in our neighbouring countries. To prevent rabies from coming into Singapore, AVS works closely with border control agencies, such as the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority and Police Coast Guard, to implement precautionary measures. These precautionary measures, which include dog licensing and strict import controls, help to curb the smuggling of unlicensed animals into Singapore. AVS also identifies dog populations in areas with potentially higher risk of rabies introduction (e.g. dogs on coastal fish farms) and conducts precautionary rabies vaccination for these dogs.