• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I got army ROD Letter liao!

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is unlikely that they will call you back, only if Malaysia innvade SINgapore, or Indonesia or....the people of SINgapore revolted against all the years of oppression..:biggrin:

You can keep your stuff, and show your grand children that Grandad was once a slave..and unfortunately you will be one too or

donate them to the Army Musem or

to the garang guni man, who will recycle it, and some Bangla or FT workers will be using or wearing them, this way, you help a 3rd world citizen..and you have done a good deed:biggrin:

I was just being funny with him. I mean ROD and he still asking this sort of question??

Maybe cos have feelings for it?

I mean it's been with him for more than 10 yrs so maybe heart pain so need external forces to ask him to throw?:biggrin:

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
He's got two bad legs & one good leg only..so downgraded to PSE E..:biggrin:, no ICT!...how to run with one leg?:rolleyes:

Nope, I got 3 legs. The 2 longer legs are fine. Only the middle leg which is much shorter always like to go exploration into dark caves!

:biggrin::biggrin:

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I was just being funny with him. I mean ROD and he still asking this sort of question??

Maybe cos have feelings for it?

I mean it's been with him for more than 10 yrs so maybe heart pain so need external forces to ask him to throw?:biggrin:

You are thinking too much. Read my earlier thread again!

Look, those stuff are in my storeroom for many years now, is taking up space and collecting dusk. Wouldn't you ask the same questions if you were me? While I did not go for ICT for 10 years, but I was in the SAF Holding List (or whatever) and not officially ROD!!

Now ROD liao of course first thing is to think of disposing those things lahs!

:confused::confused:

UseYourBrain

Alfrescian
Loyal
All the barang barang aside. Did you read the fine print? The letter is also to tell you that you are a useless and not productive. It also a signal that your place will be replaced by a younger, obedient and productive FT. So, start saving for your funeral

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
All the barang barang aside. Did you read the fine print? The letter is also to tell you that you are a useless and not productive. It also a signal that your place will be replaced by a younger, obedient and productive FT. So, start saving for your funeral

Is ok whatever the SAF or the Government think of me. I don't give a shit!

What is most important is that my company thinks that I am still doing well and I still have my salary and my job!!!

You mean you care what the SAF thinks about you?

:biggrin::biggrin:

1sickpuppy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I got that letter 5 yrs ago now I use the uniforms as rags to clean my bike. The kevlar helmet I pass it to my cousin who is serving his NS and lost his helmet in camp ( some CB kia must have lost his and stole my cousin's. Come back from nights off discover helmet missing from locker top ) Boots wear until worn out already and as for the sbo and ground sheet I use it everytime I go on a fishing trip at bedok jetty / changi jetty.

nickers9

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro can throw away liao lah.. u wanna wait till you 70 then bear to dump them? just remember to dispose them in a 'respectable' manner... SAF attire etc cannot just chunk it by the roadside.. must show respect for items of such symbolism.:biggrin:

Yeah bro, but the best way is to burn it. First put the name tag of LKY or LHL on the SAF uniform, so when you burned it, LKY can received your SAF uniform when he is down there.

boring

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yesterday, I received "Completion of National Service" Letter!

They say that I'm out since I've already reached 40 years old (other rank). Anyway, I have not done ICT since 1999. So not really my problem!

But my question is, can I throw away the uniform and the full pack and the SOD and helmet and whatever SAF item? Is collecting dusk in my store room and occupying space!

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

bro, don't throw, just keep them for memory, it's ur effort to serve the nation with ur sweat and youth. this piece of land is mann by the evil force but doesn't mean we got to throw eveything. and also who know maybe u need it one day, eg, wear them to fight the RC dogs.....

and also congrat ur discharge from the stupid reservist:smile:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You are thinking too much. Read my earlier thread again!

Look, those stuff are in my storeroom for many years now, is taking up space and collecting dusk. Wouldn't you ask the same questions if you were me? While I did not go for ICT for 10 years, but I was in the SAF Holding List (or whatever) and not officially ROD!!

Now ROD liao of course first thing is to think of disposing those things lahs!

:confused::confused:

u already not even in the holding list how come must still ask ppl here if need to throw or not????

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Take out the name. Then all the items ship to Afghanistan donate to terrorist. So when the terrorist get kill wearing the uniform they/US/UN will blame SAF have link to terrorist. So in the end NS may be abolish.

blackmore

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro can throw away liao lah.. u wanna wait till you 70 then bear to dump them? just remember to dispose them in a 'respectable' manner... SAF attire etc cannot just chunk it by the roadside.. must show respect for items of such symbolism.:biggrin:

How to dispose & show respect to those items when the institution itself has no respect for all the individuals who served.

As many had mentioned, burning the uniform is a popular choice. Putting an effigy of a popular figure will top it as well. Otherwise pass it to a bangala or maid who would be happy for a new sets of clothing.

There's no honour or respect in the SAF, only good for show thats all.

Technically by statoury age,I should have the letter as well . But the SAF could not give a damn about it.:cool:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Take out the name. Then all the items ship to Afghanistan donate to terrorist. So when the terrorist get kill wearing the uniform they/US/UN will blame SAF have link to terrorist. So in the end NS may be abolish.

Ha Ha, those terrorists got better equipment than the NS man :biggrin:

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mapakaa. go play with yourself offline.

Please don't turn this into a anti PAP thread.

Just tell me whether I can throw my army things or not!!

:(

actually he got a point here.

by asking this question, you are already telling people that you are a slave.

make your own decision. take charge.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
actually he got a point here.

by asking this question, you are already telling people that you are a slave.

make your own decision. take charge.

I think you should also play offline with Makapaa!

I ask the question cos I dunno the answer. Don't want one day MINDEF write to me to ask me to return my SAF stuff, especially helmet and Full pack!

If you dunno the answer, you need not reply.

If you want to talk cock, go play offline with Makapaa!

:mad::mad:

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Bros, thanks for all your replies and suggestion. I subsequently called the MINDEF hotline and the person on the line said that I can throw away all my SAF items, since I am 40 and is no more recallable. No need to return anything too!

So last week, I unpackage my SAF stuff and:

Helmet, boots and Full pack - wrap in black plastic bad and throw downstairs

Socks, swimming trunk, socks - also throw together

SAF Towel - my wife use it for cleaning the balcony!

SAF uniform - tear out name tag and rank. Gave it to my friend Ah Tan to give to his Bangalah workers (not bluffing, ok)

SAF T shirt - 2 new sets, still in plastic. My fren Ah Tan took it to wear at home! (maybe his time they only have Green T shirt)

Groundsheet/pouncho - Lost

Dog tag - in my study room dunno where liao!

Mess Tin and SAF Cup - also give Bangalah!

Well, I guess I am done with SAF! Only think I still have some photos of my recruit days with my long lost pals and the Dog Tag (if I can locate it in my drawers)

ROD loh!!!

:wink::wink::wink:

Last edited:

hankcock

Alfrescian
Loyal
DUN UNDERSTAND, DIDN'T U PURCHASED THESE ITEMS, IF YES AND I'M SURE THATS THE CASE, THEN SCARE WAT??? TYPICAL SINGAPOREAN. LKY MUST BE LAUGHING NOW COS ALL THOSE YEARS OF "EDUCATION" issssss WORKINnnnnnG!!!!!

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Knn so old...

Yesterday, I received "Completion of National Service" Letter!

They say that I'm out since I've already reached 40 years old (other rank). Anyway, I have not done ICT since 1999. So not really my problem!

But my question is, can I throw away the uniform and the full pack and the SOD and helmet and whatever SAF item? Is collecting dusk in my store room and occupying space!

:rolleyes::rolleyes: