• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I am shocked by the comments made by nicole seah on the 'roy vs pm lee' saga

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]I AM SHOCKED BY THE COMMENTS MADE BY NICOLE SEAH ON THE 'ROY VS PM LEE' SAGA[/h]
<!-- /.block --> <style>.node-article .field-name-ad-box-in-article {float: left;margin: 15px 15px 10px 0;}.node-article .field-tags{clear: both;}</style> Post date:
13 Jun 2014 - 12:08pm

<ins style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_1_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_1" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_1" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

I refer to the article: "NICOLE SEAH: THE WHOLE 'ROY VS PM LEE' SAGA HAS BEEN BLOWN OUT OF PROPORTION"

I have to admit I was somewhat surprised by her nonchalant attitude towards it.

Coming from a potential MP and a ‘self confessed opposition supporter’ – a term I’m still trying to grasp – I expected a little more inside.

To state that the whole defamation suit was ‘blown out of proportion’ and ‘ridiculous’ is an understatement no? How else would anyone define the leader of a country suing a layman over a blog?

“I know a lot of opposition parties and supporters are positioning this as a repression of the 99% in Singapore and human rights and whatnot, but it really isn’t.”

99% ? I think not. Now here’s a statement that truly undermines the intelligence of those who are against some/most of the policies of the incumbent. We, the alternative, – a term I rather use, instead of ‘oppositions’ – would rather certain tweaks instead of an over haul of the current systems. We are realistic.

“Human rights and whatnot’s” in one sentence is rather brash.

If that’s how a human’s right seem to her then I wonder her true feelings about the people she wanted to represent in 2011.

“It’s really a stretch to claim that the government is cheating us of our money.”

How would she know that? Is it as easy as how anyone else will think otherwise. That the government is truly not cheating it’s people of their money? But is that not what that ’99 %’ would want to know?

What Mr Roy Ngerng has done is admirable beyond doubt. Even though he got his facts wrong. But if he really got his facts wrong, why is our PM jumping? With the little resources he had, he has still opened a can of worms. Enough cans and worms to make our PM sit up! He has creaked the door open enough to take a peak into those skeletons. And just before those skeletons come falling out, our PM did the unimaginable. Think about that!
“It’s good for society to have the ability to express ourselves, but we also need to have discernment to look beyond seeing a situation in a simplistically black or white fashion.”

With no disrespect, I had to laugh here. For a potential ‘opposition’ MP, have you ever played with the incumbents on a level playing field, where everything is truly black and white. I really thought she would have learned by now. They may wear white, but it’s all gray when you deal with them.

This ‘saga’, as she calls it, is prove.

The Gizmo
TRS contributor

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
She do not really understand the CPF issue.Forgive her lah.
Wait till she is 55 then she will KPKB why her CPF money got detained by the PAP.