• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I am getting married. Any advice for me?

Hightech88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let me intro myself.

1. I started reading this forum a year or so ago whenever I am bored. Also read the other more notorious forum of this brand. Kind of like the straightforward talk here.

2. I am 30 this year, technically still 29 (birthday later in this year).

3. I have done all the nonsense before like KTV and Health Centres. Of course my first and only girlfriend whom I now know for 6 months isn't aware. I have stopped all these "fun" activities since I met her and went stead with her.

4. I am in finance industry. She's a teacher. We met while she was having a staycation with her friends in a hotel Singapore. I was with a fling at the hotel pool and she caught my attention. While my fling was away in the restroom, I walked up to her and introduced myself. I managed to get her number and the rest is history.

5. She's a tad older than me by a few years. She doesn't seem to mind that I am younger. Neither do I mind that she's older.

6. We dated for 3 months and she suggested we get married. I guess her biological body probably need a home. I really do like her so I don't really mind marrying her.

7. She wants to have 2 kids. I have no real objection. Finances and housing aren't an issue for us. Both of us come from above average families.

8. I have proposed a week ago and she has gleefully accepted.

9. I feel that I am in a crossroad now. I feel that it's going to fundamentally change my lifestyle going into marriage life and parenthood.

10. Will I regret this? I don't know. Maybe? Maybe not. Well, I guess I cannot be a cheongster in future once I sign the ROM papers. Or can I do in secret?

Any good and sound advice from you senior guys here who have gone through this life changing milestone?

Appreciated in advance.

Stop reading at " 5. She's a tad older than me by a few years."

Best advice for you is hold the marriage. Now she looks young, but once past 35, she will age rapidly til your KKJ also cannot stand.

Never ever marry any woman same age or older than you. Ideal is at least 4 years younger.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The best decision you can make today on woman day is to walk away.

You know her only 6 months and you wanna marry ?

She is older than you and her bio clock is expiring yours is not.

Why give up the jungle for a weed ?

If you want wife feeling go rent one.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How long can you go on living a chiongster lifestyle? Just focus on your career and accumulating wealth and on your family. Pussies will come and go in life. Start to grow up.
This is very good sound advice for your health, the stability, happiness and growth of your family.
Work hard, but with a balance so that you will share a healthy and happy life with your wife, as well as spending signigicant time with your children, especially from birth till age 8. This is because during the developmental years, the children will believe you, listen to you, before they grow more independent when they become teenagers.
Inculcate good moral and humane principles and values, so that they may become civil, caring, compassionate, charitable, independent and responsible individuals.
One other not as important suggestion, is to encourage your children to think, and not to speak Singlish, not to speak with an unpleasant accent, but a more neutral accent.
Congratulations.
Wish you satisfaction and success in your career or profession.
Wish you and your family, many happy, healthy, Blessed years.
Please ignore and forget about other attractive and alluring ladies, at work, at conferences, and on the street.

Last edited:

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
But please. Dontch do this!
Maybe do it over dinner. And give her the ring since she slready want to get married.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks in advance for helping to raise Singapore's fertility rate and it's future manpower needs. Thank you too for supplementing our tax revenue for the future. I appreciate you and your fiancée effort. Happy a happy marriage!
"It's" is an abbreviation for "it is"
"Its" ( with no apostrophe ) is possessive, and therefore in the context of your sentence, it should be
" .... helping to raise Singapore's fertility rate and its future manpower needs"

Last edited:

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal
"It's" is an abbreviation for "it is"
"Its" ( with no apostrophe ) is possessive, ans therefore in the context of your sentence, it should be
" .... helping to raise Singapore's fertility rate and its future manpower needs"
Thanks. I will edit! :biggrin:

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of all ladies in Singkie land, you chose a Singkie. You chose a teacher. You could have international buffet all year around.

I can tell you singkie teacher are small minded , shallow , calculative and manipulative.

You could have chosen a professional Thai wife , with a respectful job back in Thailand. You could have used your financial resources to obtain more resources out in South East Asia. Instead you chose Singkie land.

To the very rich, they hated disorganization and also uncertainty. They value face value.

ODACHEK

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't get married just because everybody else around you are married. Marriage is not a showoff or wayang, it is a responsibility. Once you became a father, there will be another deeper responsibility.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Read and understand WOMEN’S CHARTER 1961 esp
PART 8- MAINTENANCE OF WIFE
PART 10 -Chapter 4 FINANCIAL PROVISIONS CONSEQUENT ON MATRIMONIAL PROCEEDINGS
esp “matrimonial asset” means —
(a)any asset acquired before the marriage by one party or both parties to the marriage —
(i)ordinarily used or enjoyed by both parties or one or more of their children while the parties are residing together for shelter or transportation or for household, education, recreational, social or aesthetic purposes; or
(ii)which has been substantially improved during the marriage by the other party or by both parties to the marriage; and
(b)any other asset of any nature acquired during the marriage by one party or both parties to the marriage,

GoingtogetMarried

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. I just took a quick browse at this forum and in particular this thread which I posted yesterday.

2. I am rather surprised it has evoked so many comments. I did not expect it.

3. Thank you all your words, whether encouraging, discouraging, mocking or otherwise.

4. It has been a busy morning and early afternoon at work today. I still owe some work deliverables to others in the office/clients.

5. I will attempt to respond to some of your questions/views tonight when I get home.

Last edited:

lightbulb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let me intro myself.

1. I started reading this forum a year or so ago whenever I am bored. Also read the other more notorious forum of this brand. Kind of like the straightforward talk here.

2. I am 30 this year, technically still 29 (birthday later in this year).

3. I have done all the nonsense before like KTV and Health Centres. Of course my first and only girlfriend whom I now know for 6 months isn't aware. I have stopped all these "fun" activities since I met her and went stead with her.

4. I am in finance industry. She's a teacher. We met while she was having a staycation with her friends in a hotel Singapore. I was with a fling at the hotel pool and she caught my attention. While my fling was away in the restroom, I walked up to her and introduced myself. I managed to get her number and the rest is history.

5. She's a tad older than me by a few years. She doesn't seem to mind that I am younger. Neither do I mind that she's older.

6. We dated for 3 months and she suggested we get married. I guess her biological body probably need a home. I really do like her so I don't really mind marrying her.

7. She wants to have 2 kids. I have no real objection. Finances and housing aren't an issue for us. Both of us come from above average families.

8. I have proposed a week ago and she has gleefully accepted.

9. I feel that I am in a crossroad now. I feel that it's going to fundamentally change my lifestyle going into marriage life and parenthood.

10. Will I regret this? I don't know. Maybe? Maybe not. Well, I guess I cannot be a cheongster in future once I sign the ROM papers. Or can I do in secret?

Any good and sound advice from you senior guys here who have gone through this life changing milestone?

Appreciated in advance.
010c462eba779c156ebc41e31f23bc8c.jpg

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
please do sg a favor by getting married, cumsummating your marriage by penetrating the correct lobang by 100% (not 20% nor like a virgin bride here where hymen is still intact from poor and improper sex), releasing spoonfuls of sperm until eggs are fertilized, and producing at least two healthy boys so they can do ns to help with ndp and protect the assets and interests of wealthy foreigners who invest their ill-gotten gains in sg. both high ses sinkies and billionaire foreigners appreciate your duty and sacrifice. thank you.