• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I am an unwed mother

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Don't deny single mothers Baby Bonus and other benefits
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I REFER to Dr Ng Liang Wei's letter, 'Set up pregnancy fund to curb abortions' (Aug22).
I am an unwed mother. At one point, when I was struggling to decide whether to keep my baby or abort it, I realised I was not entitled to Baby Bonus, four-month maternity leave, six days of childcare leave and other benefits. In the end, however, I decided to keep the baby and managed to borrow money from friends and relatives.
Last month, I delivered my baby boy and I am so delighted I made the right choice to keep him. But I know my problems will not end here. Indeed, I will need to work doubly hard to support myself and my baby.
I contacted the Ministry of Community Development, Youth and Sports for aid, but its reply was that help is given only to couples with a child, not single parents. Will such a stand not push single mothers- to-be towards abortion?
Surely, single parents need more help than couples. Unwed mothers have to be brave to face single parenthood and shoulder the financial burden alone. I hope the Baby Bonus, leave and other benefits can be based on the child, rather than whether the baby was born to a couple or not.
It would also be helpful if hospital charges for unwed mothers can be 100 per cent deductible under Medisave so they do not have to fork out cash.
Peck Chai Hong (Ms)

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
A lot of policies in SG i do not agree with. This one though i agree, there should not be more support for irresponsible or single parents here. They should decide for themselves before having a baby, i am pro children but they should not be left solely in the hands of society.

This is starting to be like in US where long term support for single parents are taking a toll on the society, with the results that more unwed women feel encouraged to have more babies. Children are also growing up be unbalanced as they are not part of a normal family. Although women feel that they are taking "responsibility", raising a child should be a shared responsibility and they should think twice before raising one without a father.

Pek Kim Lui

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Ms Pek,

You cannot expect the public to clean up your mess. You made a choice so please live with it.

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
LKY proposed single motherhood many years back and I wonder why the powers to be did not follow up on his suggestion. Perhaps when one of his grandchildren becomes a single mother then they will officially recognise it.

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ms Peck, the boy grows up without a father now?

Miss Peck might be like this Danish women,
does not know the identity of the baby's father,
after a night out at Clarke Quay
and a one-night stand with a ang moh.
So pls don't blame her.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JE5kkyucts8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JE5kkyucts8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

potato29

Alfrescian
Loyal
A lot of policies in SG i do not agree with. This one though i agree, there should not be more support for irresponsible or single parents here. They should decide for themselves before having a baby, i am pro children but they should not be left solely in the hands of society.

This is starting to be like in US where long term support for single parents are taking a toll on the society, with the results that more unwed women feel encouraged to have more babies. Children are also growing up be unbalanced as they are not part of a normal family. Although women feel that they are taking "responsibility", raising a child should be a shared responsibility and they should think twice before raising one without a father.

she is asking for equal support given to married women. being single parent quite tough aready. thing is wat will happen to the child.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if she cannot remember anything
there is zero chance of her finding the dude.

no man city going to win the league.

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
LKY proposed single motherhood many years back and I wonder why the powers to be did not follow up on his suggestion. Perhaps when one of his grandchildren becomes a single mother then they will officially recognise it.

He also hinted polygamy... I'm still waiting :biggrin:

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ms Peck, the boy grows up without a father now?

It's harder to be an single parent than standard parent..

We shouldn't bring any judgment to her since we don't know about her specific situation...

besides, are we clean ourselves in the first place, are we qualified to judge?

It's commendable that she gave birth to the baby instead of slaughter it with the help of some abortion doctors. Some even abandoned the baby to die...

For this I think she should get all the benefits of what every parents should get..this is the developed country way of doing things..

But I am not promoting single parenthood either...but all help should be given to allow the child to grow up as a normal child...

Last edited:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i think she found the baby's daddy...video already removed by the user..

i guess she is pia sak
find what dick? impossible to find. she cannot remember the name, which country he is from, she was drunk.
find what?

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
i guess she is pia sak
find what dick? impossible to find. she cannot remember the name, which country he is from, she was drunk.
find what?

i dedicate this song to the father of this baby..

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yLmNWkxuv8o&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yLmNWkxuv8o&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
she is asking for equal support given to married women. being single parent quite tough aready. thing is wat will happen to the child.

Equal rights given to a single parent? I am not against her having a kid but as she made the very personal choice to have the baby and this is despite knowing that the baby will never have a normal family life. I am asking her to take a life. Its entirely up to her, whether she puts up the baby for adoption or grit her teeth and shoulder it on in life.

What she is asking for will only open the floodgates that will make the country worse that it is now. She chose to have the baby, no one asked her to give birth to the baby, certainly the baby didn't ask to be born too. Its her personal choice after all to have the baby.

Look what "first" country US has done. Their support towards single moms only made the country worse because girls know they can do it and count on the government, look at how one woman gave birth to 8 children in the states and she isn't even married. A man can stay single and a woman too but a kid will have extreme difficulty growing up without either of the parents.

Folks up in their ivory towers already don't give two hoots about those genuinely in need, much less these single parents. I remembered my lecturer's past law lecture notes about the law not helping stupid people. As i said, my sympathies are for her but society should not be made to suffer and to pay for her mistakes.

If they are given equal rights/subsidies that are paid by the government using what else but tax payers monies, this will be a continual and exponential burden that will increase over the years.

It is a bad example to the traditional values of family and marriage and ultimately encourage them to have more of these children out of wedlock, levying an unnecessary burden upon our already drying up sources of money in Singapore. The money has to come from somewhere, more GST, doubling of town council fees, transport/fuel hikes or even CPF collection at 100 years of age, anyone?

Unfortunately, once you put "equal" rights to the equation, to many, its a green light for pushing responsibility to the government and an implicit nod of approval to their actions. Many will take that as an ok to be "responsible".

It is a tough road that they made their own bed on (literally) so although we should, on a personal basis help her, society should as a whole be kept out of the picture.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Viral sharing of this video: Spreading across the interweb like Wildfire!
Discovered 11 Sep 2009
2 duplicate videos
112 blog posts
5,376 comments
0 tweets

too many people watch in a few days time

then some scumbag still to make fun by making video

http://mindjumpers.wordpress.com/2009/09/14/danish-mother-seeking-video´s/

so she have to remove the youtube, she is brave and beautiful woman, angmoh dun mind marry woman with children, so she will be happy.

she will be death if she live in muslim country i must add. her father or brother will kill her, burn her with petrol and whole family will say it is a cooking accident.

orientalfix

Alfrescian
Loyal
Viral sharing of this video: Spreading across the interweb like Wildfire!
Discovered 11 Sep 2009
2 duplicate videos
112 blog posts
5,376 comments
0 tweets

too many people watch in a few days time

then some scumbag still to make fun by making video

http://mindjumpers.wordpress.com/2009/09/14/danish-mother-seeking-video´s/

so she have to remove the youtube, she is brave and beautiful woman, angmoh dun mind marry woman with children, so she will be happy.

she will be death if she live in muslim country i must add. her father or brother will kill her, burn her with petrol and whole family will say it is a cooking accident.

Ang Moh man also more prone to have flings and divorce wives easily...or they only do that to SPGs cause they are cheap...:biggrin: