• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Hungry eyes - in those eyes I saw the old me eating food court leftovers

Romagnum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Got off train at Lavender this afternoon, when walking towards my favourite coffeeshop saw a middle-aged man stealing a loaf of bread from 7-11.

He stumbled past me, went around the corner and ripped open the bag and stuff his face with plain bread

I nearly cried, I was once like that, so hungry until faint. I once ate someone else's leftover at a food court

But I have now come into some money, so I gave the man $10

He stared at me - those eyes!!! Hungry, hungry, hungry eyes that reminded me of my past

But he didn't take the money. I pushed into his pocket and walked away

10 minutes later, he came to me at the coffeeshop

He returned the $10 and told me me to mind my own business

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you should inform 7-11 and help citizen arrest the thief. He should be thrown into changi. What kind of citizen are you? Giving money to thief?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hungry Eyes

[video=youtube;6oKUTOLSeMM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oKUTOLSeMM[/video]

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Got off train at Lavender this afternoon, when walking towards my favourite coffeeshop saw a middle-aged man stealing a loaf of bread from 7-11.

He stumbled past me, went around the corner and ripped open the bag and stuff his face with plain bread

I nearly cried, I was once like that, so hungry until faint. I once ate someone else's leftover at a food court

He stared at me - those eyes!!! Hungry, hungry, hungry eyes that reminded me of my past

How did you know he stole?

prancku

Alfrescian
Loyal

You are a good man.

tonetan

I dun understand. Why would he return you your $10 when he is already so hungry that he has to steal bread?

PUNISHER

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

You got compassion ! But next time don't give them money . Buy them food instead .

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I dun understand. Why would he return you your $10 when he is already so hungry that he has to steal bread?

This happen a very, very long time ago in Chinatown, WHEN there were street hawkers, I was eating at one of them saw this very old woman, eating whatever leftovers left behind by the diners, so, out of kindess I bought a packet of the "chee Cheong Fun" from a nearby stall, & gave her. Guess what?, I got an earful of scolding from her in Cantonese, to cut the whole thing short, "she does not want charity, she would want to work for it"!!. One of the stall holders told me, they tried feeding her, got the same scolding.

The point is...some people are just PROUD to be POOR & HUNGRY, not those, who purport to help the POOR, but make us go HUNGRY!!

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Got off train at Lavender this afternoon, when walking towards my favourite coffeeshop saw a middle-aged man stealing a loaf of bread from 7-11. He stumbled past me, went around the corner and ripped open the bag and stuff his face with plain bread. I nearly cried, I was once like that, so hungry until faint. I once ate someone else's leftover at a food court. But I have now come into some money, so I gave the man $10. He stared at me - those eyes!!! Hungry, hungry, hungry eyes that reminded me of my past. But he didn't take the money. I pushed into his pocket and walked away.10 minutes later, he came to me at the coffeeshop. He returned the $10 and told me me to mind my own business

Poor thing, you still have not recovered from your mental sickness. That person stealing the bread that you thought you saw... is in fact yourself. That is why you could tell from a distance at the coffeeshop that he stole the bread. The person who gave you the $10 was Tonychat because he thought bread eaters are vegetarians.

prancku

Alfrescian
Loyal

Met an old man by chance at lunchtime in a Toa Payoh coffee shop two days ago and casually talked to him. He said that people who had been rich previously could be poor all of a sudden, including those who had been high and mighty. In the same way, those who had been poor could be rich one day too.

Very true as life is often temporary and uncertain...things changed and circumstances changed, sometimes overnight...

Perhaps the person who rejected the TS's offer of money was ashamed and at same time proud to accept such charity. But, it is not a shame to accept charity if circumstances make it such ... the tsunami, the Florida flood, the Szechuan earthquate, the sudden eruption of a long dormant volcano...any of these events could have turned some very properous person overnight to a poor, hungry and homeless person. When relief pour in from the government or some charity organisation, would it be a shame for the person to accept such charity? Or course not...even if the blankets, clothings, food and tents come from strangers or other people's donations.

What is more important for the person who at one time was poor, hungry or homeless is to remember that he was once poor, hungry or homeless and has gone through such an experience. If circumstances turn around and the person then become rich and well clothed, the right thing for him to do would be go back and repay those who have helped him before. Whilst specific repayment may not be possible in many cases, his own acts of charity thereafter would be enough. Many philantropists contribute to charity precisely because they were also once poor, hungry or homeless. Many a doctor or lawyer also do pro bono, voluntary work because they were helped by others previously when their families were poor and hungry.

Don't even have to think that we are swallowing our pride in accepting help or charity. Accept them as and when they come and we are able to turn around, just remember and repay back such help or charity. Remember, what goes around, comes around.

Last edited:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal

are u referring to andrew loh?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In future, old people will no longer forage rubbish bins and leftover plates for scraps to eat.

In future, the old, the retarded, the crippled and the undesirables will be culled/euthanized and transformed into Soylent Green.

No more ageing population, no more shock from expensive medical bills, no more overcrowded prisons, no more Down's kids and albinos.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In future, old people will no longer forage rubbish bins and leftover plates for scraps to eat.

In future, the old, the retarded, the crippled and the undesirables will be culled/euthanized and transformed into Soylent Green.

No more ageing population, no more shock from expensive medical bills, no more overcrowded prisons, no more Down's kids and albinos.

sg will do one step better by turning sludgy solid sewage into newafer, a by-product of newater. newafer will compete with soylent green, except that it comes with brown chocolaty wafer and cream unlike soylent green which is like a dog biscuit or cracker. newafer will be sold at all ntuc outlets. there's a "sweet" version with artificial sweetener using sucralose. the more you consume, the shorter your lifespan. and that's the whole idea. culling or cutting off one's life so the next in line can take its place. hence my handle.... eatshitndie. :biggrin:

Romagnum

Alfrescian
Loyal
eatshitndie, do you know shit well

i am into scatology and use it to predict football bets

so far as you can see in the gambling thread i have a good win percentage

i hope your relationship with shit continues to blossom

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
eatshitndie, do you know shit well

i am into scatology and use it to predict football bets

so far as you can see in the gambling thread i have a good win percentage

i hope your relationship with shit continues to blossom

every morning, i look down at the toilet bowl and there is happiness. it's one smooth long turd because i consume an 80 billion flora probiotic capsule every evening. there's hardly any stain. one piece of toilet paper is all i need. and because turd is long, it eases into water in the bowl instead of dropping like a brick and causing backsplash. backsplash is dangerous because splash can land on arse and bacteria and germs in bowl water can infect exposed anus. :eek:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sg will do one step better by turning sludgy solid sewage into newafer, a by-product of newater. newafer will compete with soylent green, except that it comes with brown chocolaty wafer and cream unlike soylent green which is like a dog biscuit or cracker. newafer will be sold at all ntuc outlets. there's a "sweet" version with artificial sweetener using sucralose. the more you consume, the shorter your lifespan. and that's the whole idea. culling or cutting off one's life so the next in line can take its place. hence my handle.... eatshitndie. :biggrin:

Anyone remember the movie Soylent Green:confused:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soylent_Green

With what's going on in Spore I think this might be the future in Spore?
After they HOTA all the useful organs, why waste a perfectly good cadaver by burning it:confused: Recycle it .

fukyuman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Soylent Green painted a bleak scenario due to overpopulation. State euthanasia become a choice for everyone, not just the old or infirm, even for those who is tired of living. They are then recycled as biscuits. But then a small percentage of the human population are willing to die voluntarily so recycling them are not enough to feed the rest. I prefer Cloud Atlas scenario. Humans are cloned to be sex objects or work slaves (in PAP ideal world). At harvest time, their spinal columns are severed, hung from their ankles and bodies carved out for food. Fresh young meat instead of from old stinking beggars or smelly old men.

Anyone remember the movie Soylent Green:confused:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soylent_Green

With what's going on in Spore I think this might be the future in Spore?
After they HOTA all the useful organs, why waste a perfectly good cadaver by burning it:confused: Recycle it .