• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat How would you feel if your school made the Sec 3 and 4 wear shorts?

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
We used to wear white berms at Chung Cheng High, then it became white shorts. Heard the Sec3 & 4 are wearing long white pants now. I wonder what went wrong.

Chrysalid

Alfrescian
Loyal
We used to wear white berms at Chung Cheng High, then it became white shorts. Heard the Sec3 & 4 are wearing long white pants now. I wonder what went wrong.

Long pants would not fit the school shirt I think. I know other SAP schools, chinese high, catholic high, river valley wears shorts in sec 3 and 4 too.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Agree absolutely!The two flaps on the shoulders and the flappy front pockets, coupled with those metal buttons... Long pants is a turn-off.
My kaki used to go to petain road in school uniform, complete with the distinctive buttons and fabric colour. Luckily my uniform was not so distinctive and i could sneak into those $40 cat thai houses with not too many weird stares

twinings

When we were sec 3, we merged with another school, and they implemented a new uniform that did away with long pants. I recall this did not sit well with many of the guys as we had already been wearing long pants yet we had to switch to shorts. It was rather embarrassing as by that age, some of us had hairy legs and wearing shorts just made you feel more juvenile. I remember there was a petition to reinstate back the pants but to no avail.

Not sure how it is now but I suppose they have got used to it but it was awkward at the time.

Chrysalid

Alfrescian
Loyal
When we were sec 3, we merged with another school, and they implemented a new uniform that did away with long pants. I recall this did not sit well with many of the guys as we had already been wearing long pants yet we had to switch to shorts. It was rather embarrassing as by that age, some of us had hairy legs and wearing shorts just made you feel more juvenile. I remember there was a petition to reinstate back the pants but to no avail.

Not sure how it is now but I suppose they have got used to it but it was awkward at the time.

Isnt that good? So much more cooling that way.