• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

how to translate her reputation precedes her in mandarin?

gsbslut

Stupidman
Loyal
example :

she is a crazy virgin. her reputation precedes her.
她是一个疯狂的处女。她久仰大名.

sounds weird

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Couldn't quite catch what you mean to say in English.

It could be 声名大噪. However, that is in a possible sense.

In a negative sense, it's 声名狼藉。

她是个疯癫的假处女,在群组中早已是声名狼藉。

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal
造句:

那老巫婆指鹿為馬,明明結過婚,擺過喜酒,渡過蜜月,還毫無廉恥的強拗自己還是個黃花大閨女,謊話被正義之士揭穿之後,從此聲名狼籍,像過街老鼠般的,無面目再見江東父老。

gsbslut

Stupidman
Loyal
I believe the most polite way to say is 你是个妓女

Couldn't quite catch what you mean to say in English.

It could be 声名大噪. However, that is in a possible sense.

In a negative sense, it's 声名狼藉。

她是个疯癫的假处女,在群组中早已是声名狼藉。

造句:

那老巫婆指鹿為馬,明明結過婚,擺過喜酒,渡過蜜月,還毫無廉恥的強拗自己還是個黃花大閨女,謊話被正義之士揭穿之後,從此聲名狼籍,像過街老鼠般的,無面目再見江東父老。
So many chinese experts here

giphy.gif

gsbslut

Stupidman
Loyal
造句:

may I translate this into english..

The old witch mistook a deer for a horse. She had obviously been married, had a wedding banquet, and spent her honeymoon, but she shamelessly forced herself to pretend that she was still a virgin. After her lies were exposed by righteous men, she became infamous from then on, like a rat crossing the street. She really throw face in front of others.

@musclepower : my translation of?

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal
may I translate this into english..

The old witch mistook a deer for a horse. She had obviously been married, had a wedding banquet, and spent her honeymoon, but she shamelessly forced herself to pretend that she was still a virgin. After her lies were exposed by righteous men, she became infamous from then on, like a rat crossing the street. She really throw face in front of others.

@musclepower : my translation of?
Not so accurate.

指鹿为马 is not about being mistaken, but calling a deer a horse. In other words, gaslighting.

强拗 is not "forcing herself to pretend" but deliberately bending the truth.

无面目再见江东父老 means one is unable to face the villagers from where she came.