• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How to recognise a fake university?

peterlth

Alfrescian
Loyal
How to recognise a fake university
http://antifraudintl.org/showthread.php?25142-How-to-recognise-a-fake-university

A short guide on how to avoid the bad universities out there. Please note that this is a checklist and that a university showing one or some of the characteristics below isn't necessarily fake

1. The name of the university is similar to that of a university in the UK or USA. The name also often contains the words ‘American’ and/or ‘International’. Read more here.
2. The university claims accreditation from an unrecognized accrediting organisation, or downplays the importance of accreditation. Read more here.
3. The university has an address in a province or a country with weak or insufficient legislation in the field of higher education, for example Hawaii, Louisiana and Wyoming in the USA, or smaller islands in the Caribbean or Pacific Ocean. Read more here.
4. The university has one or several campuses in a province or a country with weak or insufficient legislation in the field of higher education, for example in Pakistan, Nigeria, or Somalia. Read more here.
5. The university is registered as a company, for example in a British Overseas Territory or in an island country in the Caribbean. Read more here.
6. The university is recognized by, and/or has a ‘campus’ in a fake or unrecognized country or micro-nation, such as the Hutt River Province in Australia or the Principato di Seborga in Italy. Read more here.
7. The university often moves from one location to another; from Wyoming to Alabama, then from Alabama to California. Read more here.
8. The university’s address is fake, misleading or that of a provider of virtual office solutions. Read more here.
9. The university has no physical address at all and can only be contacted by email or fax. Read more here.
10. Admission requirements are minimal. Read more here.
11. The university emphasizes on its web page that it is not a diploma mill or a fake university. Read more here.
12. Fees refer to the cost for certificates, transcripts, student identity cards etc, not to the cost for tuition. Read more here.
13. It is possible to get a degree on the basis of ’life experience’ only. Read more here.
14. Degree requirements are minimal and it is possible to get a degree within a very short time, in some cases just a few days. “No classes, no books, no course work, no hassle”. Read more here.
15. There are links to samples of transcripts, diplomas, etc on the web site. Read more here.
16. Logotypes of recognized credit card companies are visible on the university’s web-site. Read more here.
17. The certificates can be antedated, making it possible to graduate several years ago. Read more here.
18. The university web site is hosted on a server in another country and uses an unexpected internet top level domain. Read more here.
19. The university’s degrees are advertised through spam and/or sponsored links on search engines. Read more here.

Additional information here.

Last edited:

peterlth

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/tee-khoon-tan/43/1b8/435

hhhhmmmmmm .... International American University

bMFn9.jpg

peterlth

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another fake degree?

suMZy.jpg

http://www.ripoffreport.com/college...of-t/trinity-college-of-the-bible-a-9xfc2.htm

Trinity College Of The Bible And Theological Seminary Diploma Mill Scam elaborate and convincing until too late Ripoff Newburgh Indiana

Trinity College of the Bible and Theological Seminary is a diploma mill scam located in Newburgh, IN. Trinity offers religious education over the internet (no on campus classes). Trinity appears legitimate at first glance, but after research and experience it has become apparent that Trinity is a scam.

Trinity has fraudulent accreditation from the National Association of Private Nontraditional Schools and Colleges. The NAPNSC is an accreditation mill having been rejected for recognition by the Department of Education seven times and dropping out of the Departments program many more times.

Trinity appears legitimate and even has some coursework, but it is all designed by "adjunct faculty" who are probably not aware that Trinity is a diploma mill. One Pastor who was hired as a grader for Trinity confesses that Trinity told him "if a student pays they get an a." When I was attending Trinity I realized that my assignments were not being graded (except those sent to adjunct faculty unaware of the scam). I began purposefully omitting large portions of assignments and putting messages in my assignments. They were all returned with a grader of 100% and a general comment like "nice work."- No one noticed entire chapters worth of questions simply missing.

On one occation I contacted a "professor." He was obviously unaware of the class I was supposedly taking from him. He did not know what materials were needed or even the basic concept of the class. He told me he "taught so many classes he couldn't keep track of all of them." This was the first red flag.

When I realized Trinity was a scam I reported them to the better business bureau, but what Trinity does is not illegal per se it is simply unethical and immoral. Trinity responded by expelling me for "improper Christian conduct" under Indiana law if you get expelled you are still responsible for all financial obligations to an institution. I was expelled for use of the words "hell" and "damn" in e-mails.

There is really nothing anyone can do to stop Trinity, but I hope to make others aware of the scam being pulled.

Jeremy
Powell, Wyoming
U.S.A.

Last edited:

peterlth

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is ONE very interesting article ....
http://therealsingapore.com/content/beware-singapore-malaysia-degree-mills

Extract ...

--------

Dr Tan Tee Khoon was General Secretary and Associate General Secretary of the Fellowship of Evangelical Students from 2004 to 2011. He is now Managing Director of a subsidiary of an international real estate firm based in Singapore.

Dr Tan first graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Building from the National University of Singapore in 1990. An alumnus of Oxford (ed. Oxford University? Oxford Business and Language School, Singapore?), he pursued (and obtained, I presume) a Doctor of Ministry degree in Pulpit Communication and Expository Preaching with Trinity College of the Bible and Theological Seminary in Newburgh, Indiana (a degree mill, unaccredited distance learning school), a program then validated by the University of Liverpool in 2002. He has also studied law and marketing with the University of London and state-approved International American University in Los Angeles.

The youngest Local Preacher licensed by the Methodist Church in Singapore at the age of 19, Dr Tan has since enjoyed a regional preaching ministry in Singapore, Malaysia, Taiwan and the Philippines.

He is the author of 4 books, the most widely received being Living For His Majesty's Pleasure (2008), and the others being The Christ Difference (Jan 2012), The Pleasure of His Will (2007), Give as He Pleases (2007).

"Dr" Tan is also a preacher of Agape Methodist Church and a Christian author, with a doctorate of ministry from a degree mill, Trinity College of the Bible and Theological Seminary in Newburgh, Indiana [see below].

We might therefore reasonably assume that, contrary to his denial, he had bought a bogus MDiv as well.

Tan+Tee+Khoon+x.png

CLICK HERE

Last edited:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Let people address as Dr very song is it?

Different people have different needs. Some of my ex-subordinates were so obssessed with being addressed as "Sir'. They even expect their junior officer colleagues to address them as "Sir" after going through their senior officer course. Working under these officers will be jialak coz these chaps are very rank and status conscious. Porlumpar too.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Different people have different needs. Some of my ex-subordinates were so obssessed with being addressed as "Sir'. They even expect their junior officer colleagues to address them as "Sir" after going through their senior officer course. Working under these officers will be jialak coz these chaps are very rank and status conscious. Porlumpar too.

Agree.
When I was in uniform, sometimes, I removed my (rank badges) from the epaulettes.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Your rank must be sibey high. At least a DAC? :biggrin:

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nowadays, DAC rank quite common coz almost everyone is a Supt! Should be at least 25 DACs today.

I hardly wear the uniform. Plainclothes all the way.

Based on those listed in the SG govt interactive directory, there are more than 25 DAC's, significantly more than in the late 1970's.