• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How to post flat rental advertisement?

ps07857

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi everyone, I just need some good adVICE here... where do you go to post a rental advertisement? My cousin is posted to China and he has to leave in 2 weeks. He is putting me in charge of finding prospective tenants....

Property Guru? But it seems like only housing agents can post that? Thanks in advance...

ps07857

Alfrescian
Loyal
no lah.. lift lobby... that's old fashioned way, besides, I don't want to bother anyone leh....

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi everyone, I just need some good adVICE here... where do you go to post a rental advertisement? My cousin is posted to China and he has to leave in 2 weeks. He is putting me in charge of finding prospective tenants....

Property Guru? But it seems like only housing agents can post that? Thanks in advance...

If you are a property agent, you should not be asking for tuition here.

If you are not, then you shld approach an agent. Reason is that why take the risk. Unless your cousin is paying you $$, let the agent absorb the risks and hassle of getting a tenant for his place.

ahpong

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you are a property agent, you should not be asking for tuition here.

If you are not, then you shld approach an agent. Reason is that why take the risk. Unless your cousin is paying you $$, let the agent absorb the risks and hassle of getting a tenant for his place.

But an agent charges high fees. Moreover, it is not guaranteed that they will get a tenant for you (depending on how hard he works and how resourceful he is). The worst part is when the lease comes up for renewal, they will come in and ask for commission, without doing any work other than preparing the document.

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
But an agent charges high fees. Moreover, it is not guaranteed that they will get a tenant for you (depending on how hard he works and how resourceful he is). The worst part is when the lease comes up for renewal, they will come in and ask for commission, without doing any work other than preparing the document.

You can always limit the payout. My understanding is 1 month's rental a year contract. The thing is with an agent, you get a std contract and his help in notifying HDB. Also he is fiduciary responsible for making sure that the flat can be rented out. I am still not sure why you want to take up the risks and hassle. Some money not to be saved.

ps07857

Alfrescian
Loyal
no lah, I am not a ppty agent.... If I am property agent, I would have posted some information like unit, etc,....etc
The truth is that I am staying with my cousin's family (he and his wife). My cousin kena sent to China all of a sudden because of a big shuffle in personnel over there.
he wants to rent it out to get some rent. I offered to help him find a tenant so that it can "buy" me some time befor eI have to move everything out. Otherwise, I got no where to go....
I am starting from scratch here... I thought maybe ST classified, but it has been a long time since I bought ST!

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am an agent,you may want to try my service,pm me details of unit and location.thanks!:smile:

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am an agent,you may want to try my service,pm me details of unit and location.thanks!:smile:

KNN u drive taxi few months, a bit hard work then give up.

now become property agent.:confused: bet u wun last long again. who dare to try your services. chey:cool:

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hello,friend, I have been driving full time for past 2 to 3 years.,what few mths! Property doing a year already, you will be convinced I am a good handyman,you need fengshui,renovation, any kind of service also can let me know.

KNN u drive taxi few months, a bit hard work then give up.

now become property agent.:confused: bet u wun last long again. who dare to try your services. chey:cool:

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
hello,friend, I have been driving full time for past 2 to 3 years.,what few mths! Property doing a year already, you will be convinced I am a good handyman,you need fengshui,renovation, any kind of service also can let me know.

you?? no need lah.

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
For a miserable 1 month commission for 2 years, and has to be on call to change lightbulbs, flush stuck cisterns, attend to any small complaints from tenants (mind you, there ARE tenants from hell), end of contract must ensure apartment is in god condition, etc......blah blah blah......and you refuse to pay someone to take the risk for 2 years ? This is definitely cheaper than employing a bangala!!

Typical penny-wise-dollar (pound is worthless soon)-foolish.

ahpong

Alfrescian
Loyal
For a miserable 1 month commission for 2 years, and has to be on call to change lightbulbs, flush stuck cisterns, attend to any small complaints from tenants (mind you, there ARE tenants from hell), end of contract must ensure apartment is in god condition, etc......blah blah blah......and you refuse to pay someone to take the risk for 2 years ? This is definitely cheaper than employing a bangala!!

Typical penny-wise-dollar (pound is worthless soon)-foolish.

My understanding is once the contract signed and stamped, the agent collect money and disappear. You deal with the tenant yourself. When time for renewal, he pops up agent. Let you sign the contract, get it stamped, collect the money and disappear again!

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
My understanding is once the contract signed and stamped, the agent collect money and disappear. You deal with the tenant yourself. When time for renewal, he pops up agent. Let you sign the contract, get it stamped, collect the money and disappear again!

Then you had probably met an agent that only do minimum.

All those credible ones that I came across, really do a great job for the landlord. The agent only need to update or claim petty cash for items he had done to maintain the apartment. Should the tenant late for rental payment, you just need to buzz the agent to chase for payment.

I will be glad to let the agent sign another 2-year contract and front the tenant and I pay him more than 1 month commission for another 2 years of rental, or find another tenant for me. Bliss be with me for the next 2 years.

That is probably why some kena badly if you pay peanuts, while others met credible agents in win-win for both. Afterall you pay for the service level you will get.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think pple have a bad impression of a sammyboy forummer, what can he do and is he reliable? You all will never understand what is like when one is down on his luck? Moreover, there are so many bad things that my fellow singaporeans inflict on me because of their PAP influence.
Ok,i know I am whining again but it's really true things that happen to me. You all may not understand the psychological (negative impact) it has on me. But one thing for sure,I believe in karma. It will get them some day.:mad:

What I want to say here,can try my service,if you don't like it, you can dun use me at all. thanks!:smile: