• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

how to let sg son become a PRC?

RealSingaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
Brother pleaes provide infomation as i cannot find on the web.
My friend married a PRC woman, they have a son one year old. after much consideration he want his son to be PRC and give up his son singapore citizenship. How can he do it? Please provide info. Please do not ask me why he made such decicsion cos the question is how to get a PRC citizenship for his one year oldy son now a singaprean. Thanks.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Brother pleaes provide infomation as i cannot find on the web.
My friend married a PRC woman, they have a son one year old. after much consideration he want his son to be PRC and give up his son singapore citizenship. How can he do it? Please provide info. Please do not ask me why he made such decicsion cos the question is how to get a PRC citizenship for his one year oldy son now a singaprean. Thanks.

Is your friend crazy? All the PRCs want to come this way and your friend is going the other way? I had a friend with a similar idea, China cheap so move to China with his PRC gf, I told him he was crazy. China isn't cheap comparatively speaking, it's a lot more exp then SG if you are earning Chinese wages. Didn't believe me, came back in less then 6 mths. He should stop finding ways to screw his son's future and let him grow up here. The son can always go over to China as an FT later in life if he wants to. Seriously you should be advising your friend against it

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. Go HK (SAR) get PR first.
or
2. Get sponsor in mainland to get PR first (But, if not commie party member, no goody bag, just like back here)

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Once the child gets Singapore citizenship, he cannot give it up till he is 21.

The son has to serve ns + 3 yrs reservist (I think), then can renounce. Your friend just consigned his son to ns + cannot buy hdb if single under 35 yrs old.

"Under Article 128(1) of the Constitution of the Republic of Singapore, anyone who wishes to renounce Singapore citizenship must fulfill the following three conditions:
1.He/she must be 21 years of age or above
2.Must be of sound mind
3.Is or is about to become a citizen of another country

In addition, for a male citizen, the government may withhold the registration of declaration of renunciation of Singapore Citizenship under Article 128(2)(b) of the Constitution of the Republic of Singapore, the provisions which are listed below:
................"

Last edited:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Char_Azn said:
Is your friend crazy? All the PRCs want to come this way and your friend is going the other way? I had a friend with a similar idea, China cheap so move to China with his PRC gf, I told him he was crazy. China isn't cheap comparatively speaking, it's a lot more exp then SG if you are earning Chinese wages. Didn't believe me, came back in less then 6 mths. He should stop finding ways to screw his son's future and let him grow up here. The son can always go over to China as an FT later in life if he wants to. Seriously you should be advising your friend against it

What talk you? Our Govt is sending some of our brightest scholars to Chinese universities to learn. There must be something attractive there. If you are talking about democracy and freedom of speech etc. Don't think there is much of a difference.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
You dream.

With all the new sinkie citizens from PRC with some one leg one leg out, PRs in sinkieland.............the sinkie baby born here will join the queue at the end of the line.

..............The son can always go over to China as an FT later in life if he wants to.............

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. If you have no connections or money, very difficult to survive in sinkieland.

2. There a alot more avenues for survival in prc, and with choices for low cost living, despite it's high population.

If you have no connections or money, no point going to China.

Logisex

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. If you have no connections or money, very difficult to survive in sinkieland.

2. There a alot more avenues for survival in prc, and with choices for low cost living, despite it's high population.

I'm replying to this thread in its context. I'm assuming they don't have both, for obvious reasons. How is this kid going to compete with millions of kids there (whom I can safely assume will be much smarter then him) without money or connections?

Don't they have any relatives in China? Just park the kid under their family tree and apply for a 'hu kou'

China is still a place where you can realize your dreams but if they can't even figure this out, they might as well stay in Singapore.

Last edited:

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guess TS friend never research and plan strategy before giving birth.........belated realization.:(

I tot the connections you are referring to is the other type of "connections" and not the family tree for "hu kou" in their respective province.

Don't they have any relatives in China? Just park the kid under their family tree and apply for a 'hu kou'

China is still a place where you can realize your dreams but if they can't even figure this out, they might as well stay in Singapore.

Logisex

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guess TS friend never research and plan strategy before giving birth.........belated realization.:(

I tot the connections you are referring to is the other type of "connections" and not the family tree for "hu kou" in their respective province.

Yes I do mean the 'connections'. 70% of the jobs in China are acquired through 'connections'. Things are done in China either through money or connections. And if they have the money, this 'identity crisis' will not even be a problem. My PRC colleagues are registering their kids for nursery schools at the cost of RMB5000 a month even before they were 1yo. You wanna go there to compete with them without anything to show?

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
My guess is TS wants the flexibility to balance and make available options as the family progresses. Assuming the prc wife is in sgp, child "chu guo pau yang siu" here, next time go back prc more prospect. Being a prc doesn't mean you have to be in prc, that's where the prc govt want to welcome returning prc citizens who were trained and experienced overseas, back to the country to bring it forward.

Yes I do mean the 'connections'. 70% of the jobs in China are acquired through 'connections'. Things are done in China either through money or connections. And if they have the money, this 'identity crisis' will not even be a problem. My PRC colleagues are registering their kids for nursery schools at the cost of RMB5000 a month even before they were 1yo. You wanna go there to compete with them without anything to show?

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There are so many millionaires or billionaires in PRC. It is a land of opportunities if you got the guts and knowledge. Might not be a bad idea to let the kid rough out in PRC. Better than staying in Sinking Land and hope to get a 2-3K/mth job, marry a Sinkee Zha Boh and struggling to pay his HDB pigeonhole his entire life. And ended up with nothing to retire.

If the kid did not make it in PRC, then take is as an experience. Not everyone is lucky.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
TS, BTW, PRC has a strict one-child policy. Not sure kids born overseas is under this policy. The biggest headaches the PRC is facing now is how to have more than 1 kid. One way is to deliver the baby outside PRC. HK already kena this jialat jialat and I know there are many PRCs in LOS now doing the same thing.

Last edited:

RealSingaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
hu kou?

i remember his wife mention about using money to get into the household booklet, but the kid have to change his surename.

My friend is piss off with the government here. also he want his son to growth up in a more tough enviroment. any way later part of his life he can apply a dependant pass for his son to comeback to sg if his son cannot make it in china.

****one more question i miss out. his wife now is pregnant with the second child. if they decide to deliver in sg, how to register the kid as PRC citizen and sg PR? thanks.

bluewolf

Alfrescian
Loyal
The son has to serve ns + 3 yrs reservist (I think), then can renounce. Your friend just consigned his son to ns + cannot buy hdb if single under 35 yrs old.

"Under Article 128(1) of the Constitution of the Republic of Singapore, anyone who wishes to renounce Singapore citizenship must fulfill the following three conditions:
1.He/she must be 21 years of age or above
2.Must be of sound mind
3.Is or is about to become a citizen of another country

In addition, for a male citizen, the government may withhold the registration of declaration of renunciation of Singapore Citizenship under Article 128(2)(b) of the Constitution of the Republic of Singapore, the provisions which are listed below:
................"

Not true. If the son leaves the country before he gets his pink IC, he can defer his NS and renounce when he is 21.

nirvarq

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If u can't make it in SG u think u can make it in PRC ?!!
IF u can't start and do business in SG u think u can start & do business in PRC better ?
If u can't survive as a common citizen working class in SG where u have at least some friends or relatives u think u can do better in PRC ?

Think again !