• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

HOW TO KILL A Lobster

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Cooking Lobster: How to kill a lobster:

[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]How to kill a lobster:[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Make sure the rubber bands around the claws stay on during this process, as you don't want to be dodging the claws while cutting up the lobster.

You must first cut it in half down the center. This job is one that is best left to a 10 inch chefs' knife, and one with a good deal of heft.

Step 1. With the lobster sitting where the tail curls towards the table, flatten it out and in one hand grasp the tail where it joins the body.

In the other hand, take the knife's point and aim for the place an inch or an inch and a half from between the eyes towards the tail. The blade of the knife should be facing away from your hand that is holding the tail.
kl-step-1d.jpg
lk-step-1a.jpg

Step 2. Press the point of the knife into the head at that point until the point of the knife goes all the way through the lobster's head to the cutting board, then bring the blade down between the eyes to finish the cut of the head.
This kills the lobster as quickly and painlessly as possible.
kl-step-2a.jpg

kl-step-2.jpg

[/FONT] <!-- ### END BODY TABLE### -->

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
even when the poor animal is cut in half, the neural network is still very much "alive" in any sense. :(:(:(

went to Sakura at Punggol Marina, and was looking at the poor thing struggling when it was being cooked :eek::eek::eek:

TemaseX

Alfrescian
Loyal
even when the poor animal is cut in half, the neural network is still very much "alive" in any sense. :(:(:(

went to Sakura at Punggol Marina, and was looking at the poor thing struggling when it was being cooked :eek::eek::eek:

That I can tell you for sure is only the restaurant chef's way to kill it lah.

Because they need the lobster to be nicely presentable as a dish, they don't want to present it looking chopped up. That is the way to cut it's brain with the least damaging look.

I am very sure that it NOT the most effective way to have the lobster killed. There are other ways, but the result for restaurant's table / dish presentation is not as nice. That's all.

I can surely take away the entire head where there isn't any meat to eat any way. But that is the home cooking way lah, which you are not serving to customers as wanting to charge them profitably and wish your customers will return to order from you again. That's all.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
do you like KFC ?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zPaxE9ouHpI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zPaxE9ouHpI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
after watching dat, did u eat it? ... :confused:

yah, i ate it, didn't want it to waste its life for nothing :o:o:o

and if you asked if i would eat lobster again, the answer will be yes and no. i will avoid ordering live lobster. if it is already very dead, i wouldn't mind. :p:p:p

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
and if you asked if i would eat lobster again, the answer will be yes and no. i will avoid ordering live lobster. if it is already very dead, i wouldn't mind. :p:p:p
never ever enter ze kitchen ... u never noe wat u mite c there ...

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
Think of it that you're doing a good deed. This will allow it to reincarnate sooner and lead a more purposeful life. :biggrin:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Think of it that you're doing a good deed. This will allow it to reincarnate sooner and lead a more purposeful life. :biggrin:

i was only thinking i don't want to waste food. other people got no food to eat, so i should treasure what i have :o:o:o

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
That I can tell you for sure is only the restaurant chef's way to kill it lah.

Because they need the Sinkie to be nicely presentable as a dish, they don't want to present it looking chopped up. That is the way to cut it's brain with the least damaging look.

I am very sure that it NOT the most effective way to have the sinkie killed. There are other ways, but the result for restaurant's table / dish presentation is not as nice. That's all.

I can surely take away the entire head where there isn't any meat to eat any way. But that is the home cooking way lah, which you are not serving to customers as wanting to charge them profitably and wish your customers will return to order from you again. That's all.

i want to know the perfect way to cook a sinkie. so that it can look presentable on a dish.

Whats4

Alfrescian
Loyal
i was only thinking i don't want to waste food. other people got no food to eat, so i should treasure what i have :o:o:o

surfing kopitiam during office hrs, u wanna end up the same fate as the lobster in your stomach? :p:p:p

boring

Alfrescian
Loyal

don't force urself to be blind, continue ur recover mercy, that are more delicious plant base food to eat

boring

Alfrescian
Loyal

wat a pap statement, "to bring in ft is to boost up the quality life of singaporean". 别自圆其说了。。。。