• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

how to improve your business thread .

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
See how lah, She actually bought a place near mine as well. I actually helped out in that as well. Maybe need to think long term for this.

i think its ok for you to collect goodwill fee ....ny the way what do you mean by need to think long term ? you wanna marry her is it ? :wink:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Aiyo early morning talk about charbors & karaoke bars etc for me I don't know anything about this type of business only thing liking me to this type of business is me being the customer but I am a straight to the point guy go straight to Poseidon and cut the talking. If I want talking I rather bring them out for makan but no hanky panky.

brother joety ..can you share your way of doing business here ?

Me same like you no go university, only street smart. But I have to admit I read a lot and like to learn and apply what I learned from books. Three things that are important to me in business are

1. One must believe in the product or services one is selling - believing mean you know and believe your product or services can help people, this will give one passion to keep on going until you succeed

2. Don't get into business you are not familiar with - example will be I will not get into restaurant business because I only know construction products business unless you have a very experience partner that you can fully trust that you know for a long time

3. If in a partnership make sure you know your partner for a long long long time and you can fully trust him/her and don't allow "friends" to join because you don't know him, I mean your trusted partner may come to tell you "ok la we don't know but my friend very experience he can join us and help la" in business there is no such thing as help end up KLJW sure.

4. In a partnership try, yes try to have all equal share, then no quarrels in future. If not possible to have equal share give the guy with lesser share option to buy your share in future at the value then to become equal, believe me everyone will be happy working very hard.

5. Never, NEVER allow any immediate family members to join a company run by partners. Believe me you will regret if you do. If tis family member do well and you reward him everyone will say "knn this is his bro" if he is lousy and you still keep him everyone will also say "knn this is his bro". Keep the family out.

6. Not forgetting one has to work hard, very hard. (Knn just when I thought I could relax itchy backside now want to jump into I'sia, sigh.)

Please la guys don't mistaken hor, I'm not teaching anyone how to suck eggs because there are many successful businessmen here also. I'm just sharing what's close to my heart when I'm screwing around my business.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
No lah, wife and her got along pretty well. Extra nanny when we need to that kind of long term.

i think its ok for you to collect goodwill fee ....ny the way what do you mean by need to think long term ? you wanna marry her is it ? :wink:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
bro joety ...i agree with all your 6 points . bro , recently i got a emails from china regarding my animal biz ...how do you do biz with prc ppl ? i do biz with angmo very easy ...but when comes to PRC i dont know and never do biz with them before .

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Old people always advice that as friends, better not invest in biz together.

Totally agree, and / or even with family members.

If taking over a family business then no choice but do not work for or start business with family members.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
No lah, wife and her got along pretty well. Extra nanny when we need to that kind of long term.

oh i see ...in that case ..i still think its ok for you to collect goodwill fee . but never tac team with contractor or suppliers to over-charge her . just tell her a fix price for the goodwill fee .

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Totally agree, and / or even with family members.

If taking over a family business then no choice but do not work for or start business with family members.

i think good friends is ok . especially if you have more then one biz because alone cannot do much things .

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I don't have the X factor. I have zero negotiation skills. I'm hopeless with money. However, I still managed to grow a business and sell it at an excellent profit.

Hope you guys can use the following tips :

1. Never go into business at the invitation of someone else unless you have an in-depth knowledge of the industry.

2. Concentrate on what you're good at and hire others to do what you're weak at. EG in my case I worked very hard learning html and photoshop. However, when it came to negotiating a price for my work, I left it to a buddy of mine. I would always charge way too little if I quoted the job myself.

3. You must be enthusiastic about the field you choose. If you aren't, things will go downhill very quickly.

4. Sell the business when it's thriving not when it's struggling.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

he he he he nanny to baby sit you is it? Like this no need commission liao la

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Be very very careful. Even if everything is black and white in a contract. Remember the Suzhou industrial park ? Having said that, there is a massive opportunity. The noveau rich in China is growing. If you have the right contact, right person in china you can earn a lot from them. Just make sure you get the money first before sending your stuff. I'll say.

bro joety ...i agree with all your 6 points . bro , recently i got a emails from china regarding my animal biz ...how do you do biz with prc ppl ? i do biz with angmo very easy ...but when comes to PRC i dont know and never do biz with them before .

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal
You two ah, whole thread just both of you talking only. Just give each other phone number and chat lah. Skype, MSN, Google phone all can use. Anyway, A friend of mine, from PRC, asking me to help her start a biz, her english isn't very good. I suppose I will see how things go and help out as much as I can. Its interesting that people need your help and they have cash. You think its ethical to charge them a commission fee?

it'll be more sincere if u asked for a share in the biz, rather than just a commission. but this makes it a long term commitment.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
She is probably close to 40s, have like a 18yo daughter. Still, she does have the milf look. No lah, baby coming, need all the help I can get in handling the baby mah. I have no family here you know. No maid, no ah Sum to help out also.

he he he he nanny to baby sit you is it? Like this no need commission liao la

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I don't have the X factor. I have zero negotiation skills. I'm hopeless with money. However, I still managed to grow a business and sell it at an excellent profit.

Hope you guys can use the following tips :

1. Never go into business at the invitation of someone else unless you have an in-depth knowledge of the industry.

2. Concentrate on what you're good at and hire others to do what you're weak at. EG in my case I worked very hard learning html and photoshop. However, when it came to negotiating a price for my work, I left it to a buddy of mine. I would always charge way too little if I quoted the job myself.

3. You must be enthusiastic about the field you choose. If you aren't, things will go downhill very quickly.

4. Sell the business when it's thriving not when it's struggling.

thankyou for sharing ah sam

" Never go into business at the invitation of someone else unless you have an in-depth knowledge of the industry "

yes especially its existing biz :wink: it might just be a pit for you to step in :wink:

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i think good friends is ok . especially if you have more then one biz because alone cannot do much things .

I have seen good friends fall out over a business.

I agree one cannot handle everything alone, so must find decent partners. Knowing your trade is important and so is having good communication. :biggrin:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Be very very careful. Even if everything is black and white in a contract. Remember the Suzhou industrial park ? Having said that, there is a massive opportunity. The noveau rich in China is growing. If you have the right contact, right person in china you can earn a lot from them. Just make sure you get the money first before sending your stuff. I'll say.

yes...i have heard many stories about doin biz with PRC . my good friend is also a living example ..alot of promises but never deliver . regarding about the email from china ..they needed me more then i needed them .thats why i also thinking dont want to do their biz .

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
If they needed you more then you need them, you can dictate the term. Meaning, cash in hand first before shipment. I recently have to purchase some stuff for the company. The supplier asked if they can receive the money first before they ship. My boss said, no, they would have to trust our company brand. I told them that, and they LL also said they would ship it out first.

yes...i have heard many stories about doin biz with PRC . my good friend is also a living example ..alot of promises but never deliver . regarding about the email from china ..they needed me more then i needed them .thats why i also thinking dont want to do their biz .

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I have seen good friends fall out over a business.

I agree one cannot handle everything alone, so must find decent partners. Knowing your trade is important and so is having good communication. :biggrin:

yes i agree good communication are very important between partners . and also must share the same goal and visions .

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Sorry guys, gotto rush off to office now to wayang a little and then bugger off at 11 for my "vacation"

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If they needed you more then you need them, you can dictate the term. Meaning, cash in hand first before shipment. I recently have to purchase some stuff for the company. The supplier asked if they can receive the money first before they ship. My boss said, no, they would have to trust our company brand. I told them that, and they LL also said they would ship it out first.

oh....my export animals biz is all cash in hand before i export them . but as you know animals are living things sometimes they might die on the way . and depends on the numbers of animal that die ..if too many i have to refund them or ship to them again . which means i lose money .