• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

how to get rid of rubber smell

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Knn, i buy a bottle and it has a rubber stopper.

How do you get rid of the smell of the new rubber.

i tried baking soda paste but still no use leh?

putting it out in the sun for a while can get rid of the smell?

ScarFace

Alfrescian
Loyal
To speed things up, try using a solution of baking soda rather than it's paste. Alternatively you may like to use a solution of warm water mixed with some salt and/or freshly squeezed lemon juice. In both instances, best to leave the rubber portion soaked overnight.

Depending on the material used, whether it's natural rubber or some other thermoplastic elastomers, the results may vary. The smell is probably from the out gassing of volatiles from materials used, and will likely reduce on its own naturally after some time if left alone in the open.

Hope it works out well for you. Cheers!

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I use pure squeeze lemon juice and soak it for 1 hour..so not enough..gosh m.if warm water is use..wouldn't it cool down after sometime if it is left over night or do you need to keep the water warm constantly.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
For solution of baking soda, you soak the rubber in or clean it. If soaking, for how long?

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
For a start is it BPA free? If not, dun use it.

ScarFace

Alfrescian
Loyal
Warm water is used just to help dissolve the salt, so even if it cools down, it does not really matter much. As for the solution of baking soda, you can try to soak it overnight too. Hope that helps. :wink:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
now i try warm water baking soda solution and soak it for 24 hours... see how it goes..

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
it looks like thermoplastic.. if it is, so how long should i soak it for the total elimination of the rubber smell.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Put the bottle into your anal and your ladyboys' like what you normally do. Then the rubber smell will be gone and you can only smell shit!!

AhGuan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Soak in soursop juice. Soursop ..... the panacea of all ailments ..... can also get rid of foul odour :biggrin:

nirvarq

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If glass bottle just pour some paint thinner rinse it then later rinse again with soap water. Then finally rinse with clean water. /GG

Last edited: