• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How to earn passive income by setting up a website?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Now I understand leow. Physical location of database is with service provider, is my understanding correct? So the owner setup the web, and does the website owner have to do database maintenance, or leave it to this task to the data center staff:confused:

That all depends upon what sort of service you sign up for. If you opt for managed hosting, the host will perform the routine tasks that are required to keep your site running smoothly. However, if your database crashes, not all hosts have the skills required restore the contents. You then need to fix it yourself or hire someone to do that for you.

Regardless of what sort of hosting plan you choose, most options include cpanel/whm where all the tools you need to maintain your site are available.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the opinion and advice.:smile: I agree one's risk propensity is a factor, I just started doing research for less than a week only and want me to cheong:(

Somewhere, I did mention about getting hands on:o:smile:

Best wishes to your endeavors too.:smile:

bro, so sorry but i just can't help it but i need to comment on your posts here.

You have the desire to build a business and wish to be in a better financial out of it,

but your attitude is kind of counter your want in doing a business.

Your posts show that you are very adverse to risk, you are so afraid of making mistake and doing things wrong.

I am sorry that if you keep this attitude, you are not going to make it.

Dare to do it and learn from the mistake if you meet any. Researching about what needs to be done only gives you the education of going so far ( not so far) in understanding business.

It is only when you do it despite all the doubts and risk, that you will actually learn from doing business.

Good luck to you bro, wish you all the best!!!

I have female friends in their 20s and are already starting out in their business , without much hesitation of how much risk that she is going to meet and problems to overcome.

she learn from it while doing it... that is the ( sorry to say to you) correct attitude in going about dealing with things , especially in starting up and doing business .

courage must be there... or i can say , the balls to face all the odds and learn to overcome it WHILE you are at it. You will gain valuable wisdom from it that is missing by just researching from info alone.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Uncle sam,

1. So the physical hardware and data storage will be with the host and one can choose the type of maintenance service (that is to diy or they provide the service with a fee) am I right? Reason is info to plan admin and maintenance operation model.:smile:

2. If database crash, as a market practice, do the host provide any recourse to the subscriber? Or they will just tell us it crashed and shrug? I am just exploring if I need a contingency in this respect for disaster recovery or host kenna hacked. Any legal implications for host and owner of the website of host kenna hacked and customer details compromised? Need to maintain customer service and biz integrity and know the impact.

3. Are web owners allowed by host to extract and backup data from host to another remote physical site?

3. Am I correct that the legal and tax jurisdiction is based on location of host?

Need to seek some advice on these fundamental questions, and I continue with the details myself.:smile:

That all depends upon what sort of service you sign up for. If you opt for managed hosting, the host will perform the routine tasks that are required to keep your site running smoothly. However, if your database crashes, not all hosts have the skills required restore the contents. You then need to fix it yourself or hire someone to do that for you.

Regardless of what sort of hosting plan you choose, most options include cpanel/whm where all the tools you need to maintain your site are available.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There are sites that sell downloads. There are sites that sell physical goods. There are sites that sell subsciptions or affiliate memberships. There is no limit to the business model. It's up to you.
Boss , I am puzzled as to why there are many china sites providing people with streamings of movies. Why are they so free to upload movies and dramas daily. What they earn by doing this ?

youtalkcock

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Boss , I am puzzled as to why there are many china sites providing people with streamings of movies. Why are they so free to upload movies and dramas daily. What they earn by doing this ?

Many are illegal and torrent sites like the pirate bay are blocked.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good question. Me puzzled too. Is there any profit area that we don't know.:(

Can da boss help to enlighten:confused: