• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How to cure dry cough?

FredTan

No aircon.
No ice.
No chili.
No fried food.
No oily food.
No smoking.
Lotsa water.
Lotsa of multivitamins esp Vit C, E w selenium.
May take 3-6mths to see effect.
Should see doctor just in case u catch TB from Bangla in e same MRT or ur maid who fook a Bangla

HellBoy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Better see doctor.
coughing until my chest damn pain....

If your throat start to feel itchy when in aircon places, try Ricola herb cough drops, it help.
I also find this lozenges very effictive, can buy from guardian - $9++
lozenges.jpg
go air con room or smokey places keep coughing

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Extended period of dry cough seems to work only with antibiotics. Family doctor cannot explain but he noticed how effective it is. Honey, lozenges, hot water, radiator water, etc all no use.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I'm still waiting for the resident bed bug catcher to appear and give his FT tenant home remedy :biggrin:

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Kanina, still coughing since my last trip, want to cough out the phlegm also dun have, go air con room or smokey places keep coughing and coughing until my chest damn pain....

Alamak, i encounter this before. The correct management for persistent cough is to visit a doctor. If the cough persist for > 1 week, a chest Xray will be recommended by Dr. If xray show normal, the next step is the Dr will change different types of cough medicine, perhaps to tablet form.

Mine went away after cough syrup was changed.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
red amoeba had exactly the same problem and started a thread on the same issue.
no wonder some people say u are his clone, or he is your clone..............................
there could be some advice in the thread he started.

Yah I remember got coughing thread, but I advanced search can't find man

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why you cough? Is it cos the throat itchy or irritated? Or does the cough come from deeper inside?

As the other bros have recommended....drink warm water...avoid aircon.

If it persists i think better see a doctor.
I'm a stubborn cow who will see doctor when it become serious. Always on cold places I will cough lah, last time not like that 1... Painful between Dan tian and tummy area, coughing since my last trip lor, kanina... Really dunno how to cure...

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was plagued by an irritating dry cough late last year, after a bout of flu. The cough simply refused to go away.

Went to a Chinese sinseh, received acupuncture (poked my back, neck, chest, shoulders, forearms, and the fleshy part between the thumb and index finger, total of 12-13 needles were used) and was given some medicine. Recovered in less than two weeks.

jw5

Loyal
Yah I remember got coughing thread, but I advanced search can't find man

if go to red amoeba profile and look at his started threads, perhaps can find.......................
better still to see doctor.

shelltox

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kanina, still coughing since my last trip, want to cough out the phlegm also dun have, go air con room or smokey places keep coughing and coughing until my chest damn pain....
you

If you have a weak stomach i.e prone to gastric, irregular meals, loose stool avoid cooling food e.g. water melon, ice creams and cold drinks , avoid drinking green tea. Take cordyceps pills on an empty stomach in the morning. It strengthened the lung. You may find them at Eu yang Sang , guardian pharmacy. When entering aircon place drink warm water.

If you cough around night time and have problem clearing your phelgm you may have cold cough and not dry cough. check your tongue whether it has a white coating(weak constitution, )reddish (heaty constitution) if white coating don't drink too much cooling tea. it would make your cough worse.
let me know which area you are staying i may recommend a TCM to you.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Think I go see Chinese doctor tomorrow.... Thank you all

Brother, try my soup. Simple and easy.

2 apple
2 pear
almond seed 1 tea spoon
dry dates (But I prefer dry fig)
some spare ribs
salt for the taste

Cut the apple and pear into cubes.
Then put everything in and boil for 45 minutes. The soup soothes coughing, especially your lungs.