• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How much cash do you need

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Social security is income lah ...when you contribute to SS, it was using pre-tax income and you didn't have to pay tax for that amount.

both social security and fica are set aside from income earned, which means one cannot draw upon them for any benefit until 62 for social security and 65 for medicare. it's like a big chunk of your income taken away by the federal gov to do something else like feeding welfare programs, bloat the gov, and pay interest on the federal debt without you having the opportunity to touch it until old age. any income that's taken away from you for decades can be considered a tax if it's not paid back to you in full and with interest. while i contribute hundreds of thousands to both social security and fica over 3 decades, i'll only be paid less than $1500 per month starting at 65 and less than $1300 at 62. if it's equitable, i should be getting back over $2000 per month for 30 years. high income contributors are being taxed disproportionately to help subsidize the rest of the community.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
both social security and fica are set aside from income earned, which means one cannot draw upon them for any benefit until 62 for social security and 65 for medicare. it's like a big chunk of your income taken away by the federal gov to do something else like feeding welfare programs, bloat the gov, and pay interest on the federal debt without you having the opportunity to touch it until old age. any income that's taken away from you for decades can be considered a tax if it's not paid back to you in full and with interest. while i contribute hundreds of thousands to both social security and fica over 3 decades, i'll only be paid less than $1500 per month starting at 65 and less than $1300 at 62. if it's equitable, i should be getting back over $2000 per month for 30 years. high income contributors are being taxed disproportionately to help subsidize the rest of the community.

High incomes are tax too low ...should be 60 percent.