• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How Many Teachers are Gay?

motuiti

Alfrescian
Loyal
In all this Gay/AWARE hoopla, has anyone wondered how many teachers in Singapore schools are gay?

I had an ECA teacher who was gay when I was 13 and he was hitting on me, calling me up and asking improper things on the phone.

How would you feel if your child's teacher is gay?

TheBonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
In all this Gay/AWARE hoopla, has anyone wondered how many teachers in Singapore schools are gay?

I had an ECA teacher who was gay when I was 13 and he was hitting on me, calling me up and asking improper things on the phone.

It's good that you had managed to live through that none the worst from it and still be able to alert members to your experience unlike the lancheowman and his tiu clones. Now, this is one fucked up mind from being raped in the arse since young!:D

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal

oh boy, did anything happen to you? were you abused?

i once had a crush on my primary school english teacher...

when she bend down in front of me, mama obama....wah a sight to behold...God's most beautiful creation!! :biggrin:

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal

If he was hitting on you as a teacher, doesn't matter if he was gay or straight.
If he does his job as a teacher and does not propulgate sexual disinformation or hits on his students, doesn't matter if he was gay or straight either.

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal
If he was hitting on you as a teacher, doesn't matter if he was gay or straight.
If he does his job as a teacher and does not propulgate sexual disinformation or hits on his students, doesn't matter if he was gay or straight either.

true...that's why i asked...why gays deserved all they attention they could get?

only babies do that...

motuiti

Alfrescian
Loyal

I don't really care if people are gay. Some of my good friends, and many of the people I work with are gay. They can fuck sheep for all I care, but their sexuality becomes an issue for me when they try to promote it to others. It is then that I absolutely cannot stand it.

If what the old AWARE has been doing is really true, then they really deserve to be deposed.

As for teachers who hit on students, it's one thing if it's a heterosexual thing, but if it's a non-consensual homosexual thing, then I believe that they should be publicly shamed and barred from teaching.

From my experience, that ECA teacher was disgusting. He would call me up and masturbate on the phone and I had no idea why he was breathing so hard. It was only a few months later that I realised what he was doing and I was totally disgusted. I hope he rots in hell. I certainly wasn't the first, and I don't think I was the last to be abused in this way by that guy. It's been more than 20 years and I still cannot forget how despicable the experience was. What was worse, my seniors didn't believe me what I told them about it and accused me of spreading rumours about the teacher.

I wonder if MOE conducts criminal record checks on new teachers. Do they bother to ask if a teacher is gay? What is the MOE doing to ensure that the things that happened to me do not happen to others?

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Does it really matter, there has been heterosexual teacher fxxxking their students outside school with the excuse of "tutoring" them. Countless of them were punished and send to prison and sacked.

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
can't remember the statistics of a study,,,,

assuming 1% is gay,,,

4.5mil pop in sg, 45,000 are gay,,,,,

you in a crowded bus of more than 100 passengers, 1 of them is gay,,,

in an MRT, assuming 1,000 squeezing each other every morning, 10 of them gay,,,,

btw, how many gets molested?

how many teachers are there? 10,000? 100 gay teachers thereabouts,,,,,

like to hear Lieslie Cheung or Elton John songs? gay,,,,,

how about your gay banker?

there are 82 PAP MPs around,,,,, maybe a gay MP?

see any Gay around?

londontrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
So it's ok for a heterosexual teacher to hit on a student?

As for teachers who hit on students, it's one thing if it's a heterosexual thing, but if it's a non-consensual homosexual thing, then I believe that they should be publicly shamed and barred from teaching.

motuiti

Alfrescian
Loyal
So it's ok for a heterosexual teacher to hit on a student?

No, it's not all right for heterosexual teachers to hit on students while they are still in school. A 24 year old teacher can have a relationship with his 18 year old student once she leaves school. No problems with that.

But a gay teacher might send the wrong message to the students. We all know that teenagers experience many feelings and have lots of questions about their sexuality. Having a gay teacher might tell them that it's all right to be gay. And the teacher doesn't even have to promote his sexuality for that to happen.

Teachers are role models to students, and many students do look up to their teachers. If students look up to a gay teacher, they might think that it's all right to be gay. And what will the gay teacher tell a confused student who confides in him about his confusion?

Like I've said, I've got plenty of gay friends and colleagues, and I'm fine with them as people, but I will not approve if they promote their sexuality to the young. And a gay teacher, whether intentionally or not, is promoting his sexuality to the students just by being himself. If he were in another profession, no problem. But when dealing with vulnerable young minds, I think we have to draw a line there.

scoobyhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
those male teachers who are not musculine or talk soft should be disposed and prevent them from teaching. is it what the TS wants? is TS accusing MOE for not selecting male teachers with solid muscles and lady killers?

we need those male teachers with solid muscles, when they switch the thick cane on to the bare buttocks of the students like TS, these students will appreciate what is proper education.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
MOE using this criteria to select male teachers will probably be the most appropriate punishment for the anti-gay fascists. Many gays I know are way more muscular than the average straight guy.

More seriously, there seems to be a lot of hate arising from belief systems from millennia ago which some of us have embraced. This has manifested itself in double-standards that we are not even aware of, e.g.
  • A straight teacher hitting on a straight student is somehow less reprehensible than if the teacher were gay;
  • A straight person has every right to tell gays to go straight but not vice versa;
  • That straight people can celebrate their heterosexuality as extravagantly as they want in art, entertainment and locker room boasts, but the gay person need only to say there is nothing wrong being gay to attract condemnation.

The threadstarter's ex-PE teacher was reprehensible and should have been reported and sacked. But it should have been the same should he have been a 32-yo female.

those male teachers who are not musculine or talk soft should be disposed and prevent them from teaching. is it what the TS wants? is TS accusing MOE for not selecting male teachers with solid muscles and lady killers?

we need those male teachers with solid muscles, when they switch the thick cane on to the bare buttocks of the students like TS, these students will appreciate what is proper education.

chewed

Alfrescian
Loyal

don't be surprised to see "victims" of gay teachers molesting them while they were in school posting on various internet forums now. They will claim because of the AWARE saga now they are speaking out......

just like the "concerned parents" showing up on various internet forums "complaing" about AWARE.....

londontrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Having a gay teacher might tell them that it's all right to be gay. And the teacher doesn't even have to promote his sexuality for that to happen. "

So we get a generation of tolerant youngsters instead of the homo bashing kind. Is that a bad outcome?

"And what will the gay teacher tell a confused student who confides in him about his confusion?"

The same thing a straight teacher would say given the situation
I don't think gay teachers receive different training as counsellors

"And a gay teacher, whether intentionally or not, is promoting his sexuality to the students just by being himself."

What else can he be if not himself?
If he is not openly promoting a gay lifestyle, what's the problem?

"If he were in another profession, no problem. But when dealing with vulnerable young minds, I think we have to draw a line there."

Many vulnerable youngsters repress their innate sexuality for years, only to "come out" during adulthood. There is enough evidence to suggest that homosexuality isn't a lifestyle choice or a disease one catches from gay teachers.

jw5

Loyal
I don't really care if people are gay. Some of my good friends, and many of the people I work with are gay. They can fuck sheep for all I care, but their sexuality becomes an issue for me when they try to promote it to others. It is then that I absolutely cannot stand it.

If what the old AWARE has been doing is really true, then they really deserve to be deposed.

From my experience, that ECA teacher was disgusting. He would call me up and masturbate on the phone and I had no idea why he was breathing so hard. It was only a few months later that I realised what he was doing and I was totally disgusted. I hope he rots in hell. I certainly wasn't the first, and I don't think I was the last to be abused in this way by that guy. It's been more than 20 years and I still cannot forget how despicable the experience was. What was worse, my seniors didn't believe me what I told them about it and accused me of spreading rumours about the teacher.

I wonder if MOE conducts criminal record checks on new teachers. Do they bother to ask if a teacher is gay? What is the MOE doing to ensure that the things that happened to me do not happen to others?
There are predators who are gay and there are predators who are not gay.
The important thing is to teach all predators a lesson, especially those who just fall short of breaking the law and getting punished.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am truly sorry you were the target of this predator. But I think your trauma and prejudices have muddied the issues.

First, it is his preying on a young boy like you that is disgusting, not his being gay. Also, that your seniors did not believe anything bad said about the teacher is a manifestation of a culture of deference and / or fear.

And I think the extent of your trauma and your seniors' unwillingness to believe is at least partly because you and they were not educated about:
  • existence of gays
  • how they need to form relationships
  • how, just like straight people, they can be bad (predatory) as well as good (seeking companionship in the right places).
If you and your seniors had received this, you may have come out less traumatised and they might have been less dismissive.