• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How many of U marry using own $$

hungary fighter

Alfrescian
Loyal
after marrying 4 sometime.....u would tend 2 want children.....i feel tiz way......don't know why......mayb itz just me......:smile:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
one couple -adultery...BOTH!!! kns i hear also i heart pain...but both really jialat couple la... :cool:
lucky the guy very rich...no problem for him abt $$...

Must be married due to money and looks only, no more.

another one - cant see each other face always quarrel...this couple got 2 kids somore..:eek:
problem started after the 1st child is born...
i more blur that time...got kids but end up quarrel cannot see face... (wonder how they made love :p)

this one i am not sure leh. But i think his life is damn sian have to face someone u dun like daily. That is tough.

AhPek65

Alfrescian
Loyal
Must be married due to money and looks only, no more.

this one i am not sure leh. But i think his life is damn sian have to face someone u dun like daily. That is tough.

what about your thai prostitute gf who needs to get fuck by other men daily to earn $$ for u??:biggrin:

1sickpuppy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, is that a genuine typo error or you mean 0% of your own money :biggrin::wink:

Nope no typo 100% my own money. Thou I must say not much as it was held in malaysia and my brother inlaw was the head chef of the restaurant:smile:. The people we invited were direct family members so less than 10 tables. Total cost less than SG 10k.

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nope no typo 100% my own money. Thou I must say not much as it was held in malaysia and my brother inlaw was the head chef of the restaurant:smile:. The people we invited were direct family members so less than 10 tables. Total cost less than SG 10k.

Just in jest lah :wink: You typed !00% not 100%

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal

wow bro,

held in malaysia, less than 10 tables, SG10k..

that means 1 table RM2000+.. must be damn solid food..:biggrin:

1sickpuppy

Alfrescian
Loyal
wow bro,

held in malaysia, less than 10 tables, SG10k..

that means 1 table RM2000+.. must be damn solid food..:biggrin:

Yup thats why everytime I go back to my house in matland my inlaws never grumble and after 15yrs of marrage they stilll go out of their way to accmodate me. Its times like these that make me count my blessings that I chose a malaysian instead of a singaporean wife :smile: As for the food damn solid and 1 table 15yrs back with sharks fin, albalone and roast pig only cost below RM1k the real damage was from XO. Man those inlaws really can drink.

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its times like these that make me count my blessings that I chose a malaysian instead of a singaporean wife :smile:

Now that you mentioned. I had a dinner in S'pore, also a small one (16 tables) and then took time to save and then had one in my foreign wife's hometown 5 months later (big but cheap one). It's good when your in-laws are understanding and not demanding :smile:

hungary fighter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup thats why everytime I go back to my house in matland my inlaws never grumble and after 15yrs of marrage they stilll go out of their way to accmodate me. Its times like these that make me count my blessings that I chose a malaysian instead of a singaporean wife :smile: QUOTE]

mayb it depends on ur luck.....my wife is s'porean & my in-laws r quite good overall.....so i guess i m just lucky.......:smile:

splintuh

Alfrescian
Loyal
holding wedding dinner not neccessarily will lose money if you invite the right type of people. ang bao can help to cover the cost.

Holding a wedding should be like throwing a party. A gracious host should be prepared to spend the money, and not expect to recoup losses from his guests. If they can't handle the expense, the couple should review their needs.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Holding a wedding should be like throwing a party. A gracious host should be prepared to spend the money, and not expect to recoup losses from his guests. If they can't handle the expense, the couple should review their needs.

Exactly. Well-said..

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
after marrying 4 sometime.....u would tend 2 want children.....i feel tiz way......don't know why......mayb itz just me......:smile:

Since you feel that way then explore the issues and make your own decisions.

The issues would be:

(1) Government sponsored flat; maternity leave​

But if the marriage fails, then:

(2) your child(ren) are xxx - they become lost, bewildered, depressed and do badly in school...and they have to learn a new way of life which is basically the fault of their own parents

(3) the father is xxx - the full force of the Women's Charter falls upon him, regardless if his wife commits adultery, leave him and the children or he commit adultery. If he fights with his wife, he may not even be allowed to see his own child(ren) more than once a week for a couple of hours. The financial burden is all upon him. Government not around.​

And if the marriage succeed, then:

(4) bring up the child(ren) at a cost of around $200,000 to $500,000 or more for each child.​

At the end of your days,

(5) your child(ren) either love you, think fondly of you and proudly to say that you are a wonderful parent OR

(6) they fight over your money and wish you die earlier.​

Finally,

(7) If you think your child(ren) are your CPF, consider what happens to your CPF today.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I feel that if people cannot handle being married, then don't. It is a waste of time, money and effort. Many married due to the "reach the age" mentality.

twinseeker

Alfrescian
Loyal
From what i see, most of my frenz marry/hold weddings using parent's money.. How abt urs??:cool:
marriage legally means to ROM, everything else is for sake of drama & show. modern couples today know that banquets aren't cheap & willing to skip that, but since parents insist that face is more important than their pockets, then since parents insist on it, its quite rightful that they pay for it.

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
I feel that if people cannot handle being married, then don't. It is a waste of time, money and effort. Many married due to the "reach the age" mentality.
marriage where got expensive? just go ROM register nia, pay $, wait for date & time, swear to luv until die, sign paper, then finish liao.

its those boliao customary wedding that is expensive + wasting everybody time. wedding suppose to be happy occasion. end up is more siong than reservist ICT. wedding couple wear suit/ gown going from pt A to B to A to hotel, then next day fly for honeymoon.

popdod

Alfrescian
Loyal
its those boliao customary wedding that is expensive + wasting everybody time. wedding suppose to be happy occasion. end up is more siong than reservist ICT. wedding couple wear suit/ gown going from pt A to B to A to hotel, then next day fly for honeymoon.

Ya lor...early morning 5am till at nite.
Blooders and sisters accompany them oso tired.

Rather hold my wedding overseas tour.....

:p :rolleyes: :p

chuckyworld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
From what i see, most of my frenz marry/hold weddings using parent's money.. How abt urs??:cool:

I had a simple wedding.

Can't afford to splash, poor as a church mice

Just a priest and 2 friend, after that went for dinner, 4 of us cost me 100 dollar, wedding rings cost me 300, all in total cost me less than 400.

It been 20 plus years and have make it up to her.

hungary fighter

Alfrescian
Loyal
I had a simple wedding.

Can't afford to splash, poor as a church mice

Just a priest and 2 friend, after that went for dinner, 4 of us cost me 100 dollar, wedding rings cost me 300, all in total cost me less than 400.

It been 20 plus years and have make it up to her.

i have a simple wedding too......didn't really waste much money on it......the money was spent on my hdb renovation & buying of new furnitures/appliances.......it wipe out 80% of my saving.......

chuckyworld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i have a simple wedding too......didn't really waste much money on it......the money was spent on my hdb renovation & buying of new furnitures/appliances.......it wipe out 80% of my saving.......

We just rent an apt, we only had each other, with no relatives or family members around us.

We start a new life from scratch in Canada...:smile::smile::smile: