• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How many are digital TVB-2 ready?

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The DRACO set-top box selling for S$129 in Sinkie Land is already a ripoff. But I ended buying 1 set 2 months ago as I wanted to try the Full HD reception. The sharpness and color reproduction are definitely better than analog transmissions.

Now, I'm waiting for PANASONIC to release a model which has TVB2 tuner and can also do USB recording. I know LG already has it, but I never like Korean products anyway.

I am looking forward to a new LG webOS SmartTv.

My city, Perth, is one of the last OZ city to switch over to digital-only Tv in June last year, so we have plenty of experience with this technology over the past few years.

Basically, I am receiving free to air HD tv signals here in OZ and the picture quality is excellent through the TV built in DVB tuner (USA uses ATSC) but the digital transition is more than just a Dvb2 tuner, there are akso closed captioning, electronic guide so that we can record programmes to usb drive etc , including smart recording so we do not miss the start/end if programme start time do not sync with the tv guide.

The main thing about Smart Tv is the ease of use and speed of processor. We have things like motion remote, wireless keyboard touch pad and passive 3D glasses to help with TV enjoyment. Some features are quite intrusive such as TV adjusting its brightness to room and switching off when it can't detect your eyeballs.

Unfortunately, Japs are behind in this smart TV, my Panasonic was a disappointment because it will not play my downloaded movies. These days streaming programmes from my home network is important. Using IPTV, I can overseas channels.

Last edited:

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't worry about the weight and don't need to throw away.

My suggestions:
1. Hail a karung guni man when one is nearby your house. He can carry out of your house free and give you some tips for it ($)
2. Donate to an orphanage house.
3. Donate to a senior corner nearby.

wait for MP to turn up at your block and offer it to him when he is gathering below your flat.