• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How Did They Do It?

chuckyworld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
when i was in Xian in 2002,the performers might be different and not so high tech yet, i bought the dvd, the instruments are all replica of the original, it is very clear and relaxing to listen to it....:smile:

Last edited:

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It is the same show, when i was in Xian in 2002,the performers might be different and not so high tech yet, i bought the dvd, the instruments are all replica of the original, it is very clear and relaxing to listen to it....:smile:

I was referring to the magic part of the show. How was that done?

chuckyworld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was referring to the magic part of the show. How was that done?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rigging_(theatre)

A fly system, flying system or theatrical rigging system, is a system of lines (e.g. ropes), blocks (pulleys), counterweights and related devices within a theater that enables a stage crew to quickly, quietly and safely fly (hoist) components such as curtains, lights, scenery, stage effects and, sometimes, people (e.g. in Peter Pan or Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark). Systems are typically designed to fly components between clear view of the audience and out of view, into the large opening, fly loft, above the stage.

Fly systems are often used in conjunction with other theatre systems, such as scenery wagons, stage lifts and stage turntables, to physically manipulate the mise en scène.[1]

Theatrical rigging is most prevalent in proscenium theatres with stage houses designed specifically to handle the significant dead and live loads associated with fly systems. Building, occupational safety, and fire codes limit the types and quantity of rigging permitted in a theatre based on stage configuration. Theatrical rigging standards are developed and maintained by organizations such as USITT and ESTA (now PLASA).
., the show is not the same the 1 i watch doesn't have violin.

Last edited:

chuckyworld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It cannot be magic, and don't believe in it

My guess is they use a type of wires or braided lines Which is almost invisibile when light is shine on it, as for the girls they are well train and discipline......:(