• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How come KJ goes after WP not PAP?

TopSage

Alfrescian
Loyal
Todays New Paper article ’WP has no respect for others’.
I have in my life heard WP something bad abt other parties...never a single sentence to criticise other oppopsition the WP target is very clear PAP.

how come KJ is saying all this? It is all very helpful to the PAP...and i thought pap bankrupted his father.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
He has every right to do so because there is absolutely NO OPPOSITION UNITY as WP doesn't believe in that as well. Thus, RP is fighting BOTH WP and PAP now.

Goh Meng Seng

I have in my life heard WP something bad abt other parties...never a single sentence to criticise other oppopsition the WP target is very clear PAP.

how come KJ is saying all this? It is all very helpful to the PAP...and i thought pap bankrupted his father.

Last edited:

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal

If KJ attacks PAP, what voters is he attracting? Opposition.

If he attacks WP, what voters is he attracting? PAP.

AhFook

Alfrescian
Loyal
silent low and gang declared war on the rest of the opposition parties. to cocky silent low, those are 'mad dogs'. not that i have anything against ah lian, but to expect her to take on the ministars for an intellient debate on economics is expecting sun to rise from the west. for $16k month, we expect much higher grade stuff than what teochew uncle has to offer.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
there is little chance of KJ getting the pap votes so KJ is attacking WP to get the opposition votes. there is no need for KJ to criticize other oppositions because they are not contesting the election. pointless for KJ to criticize DL because DL has no votes.

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Are you actually surprised?
It's fairly obvious KJ is in this contest not for the purpose of opposition, but to satisfy his own narcissistic needs.
Too bad it's going to backfire badly on him.

TopSage

Alfrescian
Loyal
He has every right to do so because there is absolutely NO OPPOSITION UNIT as WP doesn't believe in that as well. Thus, RP is fighting BOTH WP and PAP now.

Goh Meng Seng

First of all NO UNITY NOT EQUAL DISUNITY. They can retain their respective ideologies and still cooperate to get mutual benefit afterall while there is no unity there is a common cause to weaken the strength of pap and force them to put the people above everything.

GMS, some opposition leaders l observe are just like you but much worse ..bloated egos, stubborn character and failure in political tactics. When someone finds a way to hit the pap instead of learning you guys attack them. What is YOUR problem?

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
I really have no problem and I practice exactly what LTK advocates. 道不同,不相为谋。

Politics to me is not about Opposition vs PAP anymore and as LTK says, it is never such. It is going to be every party fighting in a Warring States era. Thus, opposition supporters have to be very clear and decide on how to react to such development.

I am pretty consistent in this sense, unlike WP people who will go flip flopping, paying lip service to "opposition unity" just to pressure or force other parties out of their way. You should ask WP people not to be hypocrites from now on.

Goh Meng Seng

First of all NO UNITY NOT EQUAL DISUNITY. They can retain their respective ideologies and still cooperate to get mutual benefit afterall while there is no unity there is a common cause to weaken the strength of pap and force them to put the people above everything.

GMS, some opposition leaders l observe are just like you but much worse ..bloated egos, stubborn character and failure in political tactics. When someone finds a way to hit the pap instead of learning you guys attack them. What is YOUR problem?

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
What is "opposition purpose" when there is no "opposition unity"?

Goh Meng Seng

Are you actually surprised?
It's fairly obvious KJ is in this contest not for the purpose of opposition, but to satisfy his own narcissistic needs.
Too bad it's going to backfire badly on him.

TopSage

Alfrescian
Loyal
I really have no problem and I practice exactly what LTK advocates. 道不同,不相为谋。

Politics to me is not about Opposition vs PAP anymore and as LTK says, it is never such. It is going to be every party fighting in a Warring States era. Thus, opposition supporters have to be very clear and decide on how to react to such development.

I am pretty consistent in this sense, unlike WP people who will go flip flopping, paying lip service to "opposition unity" just to pressure or force other parties out of their way. You should ask WP people not to be hypocrites from now on.

Goh Meng Seng
Clearly you have an axe to grind since the last election. Even in a warring state situation, you still behavior rationally to your own best interest ... I think KJ did a self checkmate and diminished himself and his own party by this lose lose move of playing spoiler ....I am not questioning whether the should or should not be unity but
Political leaders should be making moves that benefit themselves and the party they lead

Good that you handed leadership of NSP to a bunch of women....no egos, quite electable in my opinion...

Last edited:

andyfisher

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think KJ knows he doesnt have a kkj chance of winning, and maybe he bank on MIB being the weaker of the parties in this BE.
so he go after them to score some points because:
1) to not lose his deposit
2) if he gets a decent %, he will look good for next GE, remember one reason LLL touted as a serious candidate is cos of her good showing in last GE.

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
He has every right to do so because there is absolutely NO OPPOSITION UNITY as WP doesn't believe in that as well. Thus, RP is fighting BOTH WP and PAP now.

Goh Meng Seng

This simply shows that RP has no focus. Both PAP and WP caqn just ignore RP and RP will lost its relevence in singapore politics forever.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
I guess people here have to grow up. RP doesn't owe WP anything, least the effort to help WP to win when WP itself has declared that there is no opposition unity. You can't have your cake and eat it.

WP has made strategic moves to undermine or destroy other opposition parties, thus, it is only natural for other opposition parties to undermine WP. Period. Grow up and stop whining; WP has asked for no opposition unity, that's what it will get.

Goh Meng Seng

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I guess people here have to grow up. RP doesn't owe WP anything, least the effort to help WP to win when WP itself has declared that there is no opposition unity. You can't have your cake and eat it.

WP has made strategic moves to undermine or destroy other opposition parties, thus, it is only natural for other opposition parties to undermine WP. Period. Grow up and stop whining; WP has asked for no opposition unity, that's what it will get.

Goh Meng Seng

Nothing here mentioned about RP not having the right to contest or an obligation to help WP. I guess it's the giving a bad name to hang people continues.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
No one is saying RP owes WP anything. People are just wondering why RP is wasting time going after WP. In any multicorner fights, it is strategically necessary for all the weaker opponents to gang up and fight the strongest opponent. Unless RP now thinks that WP is the stongest in this BE?

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Goh Meng Seng

There goes the PAP representative in the Opposition. The self styled political analhole whose miniscule lanjiao shaking at the Workers Party only gets the attention of dumfuck Singaporeons and the likes of the chao cheebyes in this forum.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
It is their prerogative in doing so. To put on record, other RP speakers at rally did jab at PAP.

Goh Meng Seng

No one is saying RP owes WP anything. People are just wondering why RP is wasting time going after WP. In any multicorner fights, it is strategically necessary for all the weaker opponents to gang up and fight the strongest opponent. Unless RP now thinks that WP is the stongest in this BE?

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Goh Meng Seng

Did WP attack RP? Opposition unity is not about consensus, it is about agreeing to disagree with each other since there are so many opposition parties each headed by their own ambitous war lord. A true opposition unity is not about sending your own man into parliament while other opposition do the dirty job of managing town council as proposed by SDP. How can this even be called unity is beyond me.

On the other hand, I also see smaller opposition, for ego sake, tried very hard to dilute the bigger opposition votes which proves a point - oppositions are just jealous of each other. Fortunately WP is very focus on who to attack and not distracted by small parties bickering at each other.