• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How come ex-mental minster can have office in istana?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yah lor ...also has two taxpayer funded body guards. He is just an MP. He can use Istana for his personal book launch some more.

Soon, Old Fart will be made the god of sinkapore and every sinkee must worship him.

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think he is practically living there, and my understanding is that his grand children are walking in and out of Istana as if its their own house.

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am surprise why the opposition didn't pick this up and question the government. I am sure this matter is of public interest since public funds is being used to maintain him.

iamhere

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.straitstimes.com/breakin...fe-captured-bilingual-pictorial-book-20130907

http://www.straitstimes.com/sites/s...20130907/ST_20130907_AOLKY07QCT3_3827663e.jpg

How come the old man still allow to keep office in Istana? I thought Istana only for office holders but he no longer Mental Minister and hardly does his rounds as MP?

In reality, the nation have been providing welfare state benefits (juz because of one party rule system) to leeches aka papees leeching on the system. These leeches aka papees wasting nation's time and resources and etc every single second of the Mother Earth's day. By some unfortunate default, we as a nation have to put food on table and tonnes of $$$ for these leeches...

The country needs the government (employees of the public) to work for the country.
Can these leeches aka papees become self reliant? Get a job and be prepared to work hard
at least for once in a lifetime. Stop Leeching on the system.

FUCK PAP, FUCK PAP, FUCK PAP.........
MAY PAPEES, CRONIES N FAMILIES BURN ETERNALLY IN HELLS.........
MAJULLAH SINGAPURA.........
GOD BLESS SINGAPORE..............
REMEMBER to

VOTE papees OUT

do yrself, yr forefathers and yr generations to come, a favor, a service and a long-awaited justice

:wink::wink::wink::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::wink::wink::wink:

iamhere says a lot about this:"The democracy shall cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those LEECHES who would not.”

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
He owns the Istana. He has every right to occupy it as much as he wants.

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yah lor ...also has two taxpayer funded body guards. He is just an MP. He can use Istana for his personal book launch some more.

Soon, Old Fart will be made the god of sinkapore and every sinkee must worship him.

Ex Presidents of the USA have a publicly funded office and secret service protection for life. The reasons are clear. An ex-president is given the esteem and appreciation of the nation. Serving the nation also makes you the target of all kinds of malcontents. I see no reason why long serving ex-Prime Ministers of Singapore should not have the same. We may disagree vociferously with the government but let's give PMs and past PMs their due. For the record I don't think what we pay Ministers and PMs now is too high. I do think however for that kind of salary we need superlative performance. Anyone not up to the mark should be asked to leave immediately and we don't need to be too reticent about voicing our opinions.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You are right about ex-Presidents in the US and about due respect for our ex-PMs.

Just one question - are the offices of the US ex-Presidents in the White House?

Ex Presidents of the USA have a publicly funded office and secret service protection for life. The reasons are clear. An ex-president is given the esteem and appreciation of the nation. Serving the nation also makes you the target of all kinds of malcontents. I see no reason why long serving ex-Prime Ministers of Singapore should not have the same. We may disagree vociferously with the government but let's give PMs and past PMs their due. For the record I don't think what we pay Ministers and PMs now is too high. I do think however for that kind of salary we need superlative performance. Anyone not up to the mark should be asked to leave immediately and we don't need to be too reticent about voicing our opinions.

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
For the record I don't think what we pay Ministers and PMs now is too high. I do think however for that kind of salary we need superlative performance. Anyone not up to the mark should be asked to leave immediately and we don't need to be too reticent about voicing our opinions.
For that matter, do you think some of the ministers has been up to the mark?

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

wrong. Only up to Bill Clinton do they get SS protection.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Why do you compare sinkapore with USA? Our PM and ministers are paid 5X and 3X more than the US president! Their pensions are more quat! Yet the responsibility of our government is only to 3 million sinkees while the US president affects the lives of 340 million yankees.
Old Fart just cannot give up the life of privilege. Got son as PM so suka suka can ask for anything.