• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

HOW CAN WE BECOME A CHEAPER ECONOMY?--Suay Suay

sampierre

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear fellow Samsters,
While watching the Channel 5 news tonight, I was SHOCKED to learn that our PAPaya Government wants SIngapore to backslide from being a First-world economy into a 3rd world economy when that MiniStar Suay Suay says on TV that "after the jobs credit scheme expires, how can S'pore be a cheaper economy?" .

Does it mean that we need to bring in more foreign workers from China, India, PHilippines,Burma & Bangladesh so that we become a cheaper economy ??

With such mother-fcuking idiots in the leadership of our Govt, I guess in no time we'll become a 4th world country!!

VeryWise

Alfrescian
Loyal
If he really said that, it's a sad thing for all Singaporean workers and a huge setback for decades of labour movement. Instead of progressing, we are stuck in a economy still depending very much on GLCs and MNCs. We have failed to develop more corporations like Creative, OSIM and etc. I'll give credit for the government in developing Singapore into a major financial hub but we can't all be private bankers right? We still need to have "brick and mortar" companies that actually build tangible products. We have opportunities but we failed to capitalise. For a long time, we used to be the number one exporter for HDD. Yes, it is a dead-end technology but why didn't SG make use of the expertise to develop into other variants. Or is SG is not a place where innovation can flourish?

After so many years, we should not just compete with low salaries. If our engineers have strong R and D skills, we would have been sought after, the salaries will still be good but lower than in US or Europe. We will still able to attract MNCs, better still, have more capable local companies.

angie II

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Does it mean that we need to bring in more foreign workers from China, India, PHilippines,Burma & Bangladesh so that we become a cheaper economy ??

I am afraid that some selfish, treacherous moniker here (below) will pop in & reply a big YES. :eek:

besotted
user_offline.gif
<script type="text/javascript"> vbmenu_register("postmenu_326060", true); </script>
Alfrescian (S)

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Very simple, fire the current gov cos they are getting too expensive and too big to run this tiny island. With smaller gov and cheaper gov, people can pay less tax and maybe rid the income tax all together and only retain GST as tax.

SR Nathan

Alfrescian
Loyal
You mean I canch have my prata anymore?

Very simple, fire the current gov cos they are getting too expensive and too big to run this tiny island. With smaller gov and cheaper gov, people can pay less tax and maybe rid the income tax all together and only retain GST as tax.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why can't SINgapor have a CHEAPER GOVERNMENT??? this will help us to compete better in the world.

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes, they were the one creating such a expensive business environment. This government wants to take all profits and leave nothing for the bossess or employees.

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cheap is good. HDB will be cheaper, Condos will be cheaper. cars will be cheaper. Geylang chicken will be cheaper. Everyone will be happy.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why look at a stop gap measure that will only serve the interests of a favoured few :confused:

Obvious to me that the costs in Spore are driven up by the PAP.

If they are really serious about cost cutting, very simple lah. Reduce the pay of gov't "servants" making more than $1,000,000.

Ban ALL gov't officals from profiting from GLCs: no directorships, no shares, no gifts,...

jim007jimmyboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wQKIOhBciJ8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wQKIOhBciJ8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

LimSweeSay-ST.jpg

[COLOR="_______"]Dont complain abt my singing ok!
Cost u millions of dollars![/COLOR]

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal

With such mother-fcuking idiots in the leadership of our Govt, I guess in no time we'll become a 4th world country!!

Great! Then we can have a "1st World" government running a sweatshop of 5 million slaves :oIo: