• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How can the stupid Government award President Scholarship to a PRC Citizen?

CannonFairy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I heard the Government awarded President Scholarship to a PRC student who holds dual citizenship, on the condition that she revokes her PRC citizenship before she turns 21? Please correct me if my facts are inaccurate.

I am nauseated by this news. How many times must it take for the gullible PAP Government to understand PRC Citizens are opportunists? Not sure if you guys recall a Singaporean PRC PR who returned to Beijing to participate in China's independance day. She proudly flashes her blue IC to CCTV?

By all means, this young PRC lady might not return from her overseas studies. Does the PSC have any safeguard?

Are there any particular pressing reasons for them to award a student who holds DUAL CITIZENSHIP? Don't we have deserving true-blue born Singaporeans?

What the bloody hell is wrong with the Government?

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cannot be helped.
I don't know what to say.
It happens only every 50 years.
Daft Singaporeans don't deserve no scholarships.
Just ignore the noise - it will go away.
Not only is this betterer, it is actually the bestestest.

applei

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup that was what I heard too on last evening's news.
If the prc student decides to take on PRC citizenship then her scholarship shall be aborted and she has to repay all the monies spent.

However my point is, why our smart garment award her instead of any next promising local, since that prc student runs the risks of not taking up the citizenship and may unable to pay up whatever was spent.

Nathan should have withdraw that scholarship to say we have changed our minds and not to award you.

~sighs~ taxpayers monies are being unwisely used.

I heard the Government awarded President Scholarship to a PRC student who holds dual citizenship, on the condition that she revokes her PRC citizenship before she turns 21? Please correct me if my facts are inaccurate.

I am nauseated by this news. How many times must it take for the gullible PAP Government to understand PRC Citizens are opportunists? Not sure if you guys recall a Singaporean PRC PR who returned to Beijing to participate in China's independance day. She proudly flashes her blue IC to CCTV?

By all means, this young PRC lady might not return from her overseas studies. Does the PSC have any safeguard?

Are there any particular pressing reasons for them to award a student who holds DUAL CITIZENSHIP? Don't we have deserving true-blue born Singaporeans?

What the bloody hell is wrong with the Government?

Last edited:

CannonFairy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Although I understand there isn't any rules which explicitly restrict dual citizenship, the stupid Government has paint the impression that dual citizenship is prohibited, which caused many locals to lose opportunities.

And the stupid Government has awarded the Prestrigious President's Scholarship to a PRC CITIZEN? What safeguard does the PSC has in place to prevent her from defaulting?

I will vote for the President who openly voice out against this dis-service to Singaporeans. Tan Kin Lian, so be it.

depeche

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Gov is trying to built relationship with China...So it doesn't matter which nationalities is she...The Gov would want good lobang or contact from her later even she she went back to china...

Last edited:

Defennder

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dual citizenship is allowed until the age of 21 when they are forced to give up either of their citizenships. But I'm not clear whether these people can renounce their other citizenship before they reach 21.

On the other hand, does anyone find it odd that one other President Scholar (Aaron Koh) is someone who scored one B and one C for his A levels? I understand the selection criteria took into account many other factors (such as his NS performance) apart from just grades, but it seems odd that someone who got a C for econs could get President Scholarships. Are the locals really that incapable such that they had to pick someone like that?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
On the other hand, does anyone find it odd that one other President Scholar (Aaron Koh) is someone who scored one B and one C for his A levels? I understand the selection criteria took into account many other factors (such as his NS performance) apart from just grades, but it seems odd that someone who got a C for econs could get President Scholarships. Are the locals really that incapable such that they had to pick someone like that?

I share your views.

I suspect Aaron's family is 'connected'. Surely we have many straight As students who meet requirements and who are much better qualified than Aaron.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not only need straight As but S paper need distinction also...there are alot of these students around.....all local too I might add.

I share your views.

I suspect Aaron's family is 'connected'. Surely we have many straight As students who meet requirements and who are much better qualified than Aaron.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

if u read the article carefully, u can see all participate in grassroot activities aka ypap. So easy yet most cannot see.

So parents who want their children to get PS, fast fast bring children and yourself to the nearest RC to be volunteer and get your children to join ypap. Teach them to put their face inside the MP ass immedicately. hehe....

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think they are trying to say grades are not everything.

Unless there is a change in policy. In the past, one without straight A's hardly get a chance to be shortlised for interview not to mention getting a president scholarship.

Last edited:

bhoven

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unless there is a change in policy. In the past, one without straight A's hardly get a chance to be shortlised for interview not to mention getting a president scholarship.

Don't think there is a real change in policy per se...they are not just getting the best and brightest ...imagine some 60 -70% of RJC A level cohort each year get at least 4 straight As and PSC has difficulty finding enough applicants who meet the minimum requirements...surely something is terribly wrong!

thefarside

Alfrescian
Loyal
if u read the article carefully, u can see all participate in grassroot activities aka ypap. So easy yet most cannot see.

So parents who want their children to get PS, fast fast bring children and yourself to the nearest RC to be volunteer and get your children to join ypap. Teach them to put their face inside the MP ass immedicately. hehe....

Agree on that. I too noticed that 2 or 3 out of the 4 got grassroots activities including the PRC girl. Don't forget that LKY views SG citizens as the dregs from China, while in his own words "China has all the intellectuals while we are the descendents of coolies etc so they should do well".