• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How can I contribute 2 Reform outside SG

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - How can I contribute 2 Reform outside SG</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead vAlign=top><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt_89 <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>Nov-8 7:44 pm </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 5) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>41026.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>How can I contribute to Reform when I am not in Singapore?

by Irene Ho VotingRp on Sunday, November 7, 2010 at 3:49pm

There are many ways Singaporeans based overseas can help contribute to our cause. In my own opinion, one of the most important factors that determine your creativity and determination in finding ways to contribute to our cause is how badly you want to vote out the PAP and or to ensure that all constituencies in Singapore are contested. In 2006, the PAP was able to gain 37 seats on Nomination Day without having to contest them.
Have you ever been faced with a difficult problem that bears negative consequences if not resolved?
Do you remember how you went about resolving it? We are all leaders and problem-solvers. We re-assess what are our objectives and brainstormed about how and what should be done in order to meet/achieve our objectives. There is no fixed solution for every problem. So, what is your objective for Singapore?
Some of the ways in which an overseas based Singaporean can help contribute to our cause includes but not limited to the following:
1) Firstly, make sure you are registered to vote. See [URL="http://www.elections.gov.sg/voters_register.html"]http://www.elections.gov.sg/voters_register.html[/URL] for the qualifying criteria as well as the procedure for registering.
2) You can make a donation via paypal on the Reform Party’s website. All Singaporean citizens can donate no matter where they live. Every dollar counts!
3) You can gather all your Singaporeans contacts at your location and:
i) spread the news about the issues in Singapore;
ii) spread the news about the Reform Party; help convince your friends and family to vote for what you believe in;
iii) encourage your contacts to donate to the Reform Party; you could help garner donations; and
iv) encourage your contacts to register themselves to vote.
For a start, you could start sharing the news with your immediate family and friends.
4) You can join the Reform Party as a volunteer and start to contribute in areas that do not require you to be physically in Singapore. Again this is up to your creatively. Some examples include assisting in the planning of fund raising events such as sourcing for suppliers online; contribute ideas on how the events should be run and even lead the next fundraising event for the Reform Party! You do not need to be physically located in Singapore to do the planning and the members who are located in Singapore can help implement it.
5) You can join the Reform Party as a member and assist in strategic planning. As mentioned above, there is no fixed solution for every problem so I can’t give you an example. If you think that something important needs to be done in the Reform Party and it is not done, you can champion it! You can also help run our blog page, Reform Party’s facebook pages. Overseas supporters are very helpful here as due to different time zone sit means we can manage the pages 24 hours a day.
6) You can start an “online campaign” such as sharing any news on the Reform Party (blog entry/ important news articles) on Facebook with your friends every time you log on to the internet. Start writing articles straight from your heart to encourage others to be like you, to step forward to help!
7) You can look at the the Reform Party’s manifesto and think of ways to debate it so that you know it can definitely stand. Basically, if you think something in the Reform Party needs improvement, you could feel free to let the Reform Party knows.
8) If after you have a read at [URL="http://votingrp.wordpress.com/2010/10/31/what-it-takes-to-be-an-rp-candidate"]http://votingrp.wordpress.com/2010/10/31/what-it-takes-to-be-an-rp-candidate/[/URL] and you think you can be a candidate, consider standing. You can just come back to Singapore for the Campaign only- if you have higher disposal income and can afford the air tickets to come back to Singapore regularly, then come back for the walkabouts maybe every two months?
9) (Again if you have higher disposal income and can afford the air tickets to come back to Singapore), pledge yourself as a volunteer during the 9 days of election campaign.
My favourite quote for the day: "You can take a Singaporean out of Singapore but you can never take Singapore out of a Singaporean"

Irene Ho
Reform Party’s Supporter

Note: I have assumed that you agree with me that there are serious issues in Singapore and that there are Singaporeans who you care about. See [URL="http://www.facebook.com/notes.php?id=1048477479&notes_tab=app_2347471856#!/note.php?note_id=439658936055"]http://www.facebook.com/notes.php?id=1048477479&notes_tab=app_2347471856#!/note.php?note_id=439658936055[/URL] for a related article on this.

Please feel free to give me your comments if you think there are other ways in which overseas based Singaporean can help contribute to our cause!

</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Received_by_Kings

Alfrescian
Loyal
No matter how misguided you failures are, I would like to stress that before you try to reform others you should first try to reform yourselves.

J_Tay

Alfrescian
Loyal
Never underestimate the power of overseas nationals in transforming a country! They are the guys who have lived in and seen the first-world, and have globe-spanning networks that help them get things done.