• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How badly would PAP lose this time ?

veritastruth

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP is between a rock and a hard place. Despite the 154th trying to blow smoke, there is a chance that the US economy will deteriorate further - and a delayed election would only damage them more. Beyond that, who knows what kind of scandals would erupt then. Now is exactly not an ideal time, especially with the layoffs and all the attendant problems - with Renci, with the dumbasses who pay themselves big bonuses with taxpayers money, with their saying that the gave Singaporean political space when they actually lost it in the first place etc etc.

The question is: How badly would they lose this election ?

For starters, my simple wish would be that the PM loses his GRC, along with all the CB Cho Bo Ministers in PMO - especially all the NTUC jokers. I hope LKY's GRC gets 51% against some young punks LOL :smile:

I also hope that the PAP majority in the parliament gets reduced so that we can have a 10 person opposition team in the parliament ... In essence, I think the more opposition we have in the parliament, the better our future as Singaporeans ...

What's your wish ?

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
What's your wish ?

My wish is for a massive cleaning up of the cabinet.

The wrong values of the PAP are deeply entrenched into our society.

Sinkies are still blur, indifferent and self indulged in unimportant and diversionary issues.

We need a massive turning point to change the country..

I dunno maybe God can help to fight satan...:wink:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

Lose??? You gotta be kidding!:rolleyes: The worse the economy gets, the higher will be the support for the PAP!

Sinkies know that the Pappies are the only party capable of steering the country through turbulent waters.

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal

For starters, my simple wish would be that the PM loses his GRC, along with all the CB Cho Bo Ministers in PMO - especially all the NTUC jokers. I hope LKY's GRC gets 51% against some young punks LOL :smile:

I also hope that the PAP majority in the parliament gets reduced so that we can have a 10 person opposition team in the parliament ... In essence, I think the more opposition we have in the parliament, the better our future as Singaporeans ...

The problem here is you would need to have free and fair elections in Singapore. At present the entire process is controlled by the PAP and run out of the PM's office. Evey law, be it elections law or public order is designed to consolidate as much power at the top (the PAP) and little or none in the hands of the masses. The PAP will not hesitate to change the rules or to stuff the ballot boxes if they fear an impending defeat.

Elections will come, elections will go and the result will always be the same - a resounding PAP victory.

Eurekas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Our neighbours have seen through the bullshit brought by BN. If Singaporeans become as enlightened as our neighbours in Malaysia then they will see through the shit from PAP (greedy but NATO ministers, Mas Selamat, Renci, NKF, Peanuts, Ong Seh Hong, increasing but under-reported unemployment, suppressing political opponents etc). As long as Singaporeans have the attitude of third world people like only concerning economy, job security and bread & butter issues, then they will always think PAP is the best for them.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lose??? You gotta be kidding!:rolleyes: The worse the economy gets, the higher will be the support for the PAP!

Sinkies know that the Pappies are the only party capable of steering the country through turbulent waters.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GCx0J3NiABY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GCx0J3NiABY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The range between 0:49 and 0:57 of this video speaks it for itself. The quote is: "the biggest risk we can take is to try the same old politics, with the same old players and somehow expect a different result."

If we vote for the PAP, and somehow expect them to deliver differently, then I think we are taking a very big risk for our own country.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Our neighbours have seen through the bullshit brought by BN. If Singaporeans become as enlightened as our neighbours in Malaysia then they will see through the shit from PAP (greedy but NATO ministers, Mas Selamat, Renci, NKF, Peanuts, Ong Seh Hong, increasing but under-reported unemployment, suppressing political opponents etc). As long as Singaporeans have the attitude of third world people like only concerning economy, job security and bread & butter issues, then they will always think PAP is the best for them.

I hate to burst your bubble, but if you think bread and butter issues are not important in politics- in general and internationally as well- then why was Obama elected for? He was elected because people trusted in him more in economic management.

I think some of us here like to miss the forest for the tree. Basic economic competence is one of the main essential requirements people are always looking for, regardless whether are they conservatives, liberals or moderates. If you think you can be a good PM while your economy is a shipwreck, then you have another thing coming.

Democracy without bread and food for the people is not a democracy worth having.

jim007jimmyboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
The problem here is you would need to have free and fair elections in Singapore. At present the entire process is controlled by the PAP and run out of the PM's office. Evey law, be it elections law or public order is designed to consolidate as much power at the top (the PAP) and little or none in the hands of the masses. The PAP will not hesitate to change the rules or to stuff the ballot boxes if they fear an impending defeat.

Elections will come, elections will go and the result will always be the same - a resounding PAP victory.

let people have a little glimmer of hope can or not?

but i think is the truth

sebei sianz

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
do we have a obama or someone close to that? no. we don't have one.

I agree as such. But in a parliamentary system, if we just wait, then he would be a one-man show in Parliament, and he will be overwhelmed by the majority. Therefore we can't just wait. If we build up an alternative presence in Parliament, then there will be even more people willing to take the risk and join the ordinary ranks in the opposition parties.

From that point, its only a matter of time when our own Obamas rise up through the ranks and take up the fight for the hearts and minds of the people against a ruling party which thinks its Singapore and vice versa.

Eurekas

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hate to burst your bubble, but if you think bread and butter issues are not important in politics- in general and internationally as well- then why was Obama elected for? He was elected because people trusted in him more in economic management.

I think some of us here like to miss the forest for the tree. Basic economic competence is one of the main essential requirements people are always looking for, regardless whether are they conservatives, liberals or moderates. If you think you can be a good PM while your economy is a shipwreck, then you have another thing coming.

Democracy without bread and food for the people is not a democracy worth having.

Singapore is a developed country and should look beyond bread and butter provided those basic needs are fulfilled. A good government should look into other matters like how to help the elderly for their health and well being, provide assistance to entrepreneurs, improve environment, provide more medium for people to express feedback without the fear of being sued, improve the accountability, happiness and press freedom index and other things that constitute a real first world country. I feel that there are many things that the Government and people should improve in order for Singapore to be a real first world country and not a country with first world infrastructure but tfird world kind of people.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore is a developed country and should look beyond bread and butter provided those basic needs are fulfilled. A good government should look into other matters like how to help the elderly for their health and well being, provide assistance to entrepreneurs, improve environment, provide more medium for people to express feedback without the fear of being sued, improve the accountability, happiness and press freedom index and other things that constitute a real first world country. I feel that there are many things that the Government and people should improve in order for Singapore to be a real first world country and not a country with first world infrastructure but tfird world kind of people.

All of these will be in the umbrella of economic development discussion. It has to be said these days proper economic growth, substainable growth, has to be on strong, firm foundations, and what you mention are all part of the fundamentals that we have to address.

That's why I don't think economical development should only just about fear, fear and more fear, and about HDB upgrading and MRT accessibility. The latter two, as public infrastructure, should be constructed for all taxpayers, and therefore remain bipartisan- as it is the govt's job to do, regardless of whoever is the ruling political party. For the PAP to score political votes on the latter two is not just disgraceful, but also disgusting.

As for fear, I'm afraid that these days they are even more capable in being the party of peddling fear. They are more competent in delivering messages of fear and threats than delivering on the economy.

veritastruth

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sam :biggrin:

PAP makes this assumption ALL THE TIME ... but the traditional hardcore PAP supporters are the ones really hurting now ... so it's anyone's guess what might happen. The recent moves to remove Ho Ching, go after Ren Ci Monk etc are all strong signals they are really worried and are covering all bases. The reshuffling of the cabinet may mean moving some of the "lesser" demonised (rightly so) ministers to the frontlines. All the things they have been doing only speak to their insecurities - even when they have the machinery locked down - they are still frightened. Right now the AWARE episode is another interesting thing to watch - PAP's most feared social groups seem to be manifesting themselves politically - the Christians (I think they fear them more than any other religious group), fused with highly educated women, who may or may not be gay LOL :smile: ...

The Prince knows he cannot last ... the question is how does he prolonged his and his family's demise ... Taking a straw poll of my friends - only the ones in the Civil Service or SAF are not hurting. Anyone in the private sector (unless they are involved in some RC and have business which benefits from these connections) are all suffering... and most of the time it has to do with PAP policies. The problem is that the government has its hands in everything so everytime something goes wrong - the govt is to blame.

Right now, Singaporeans must understand, voting in a Monkey or a slippermen might be better voting in a PAP yes man anytime. And I think the message has filtered down to quite a lot of people in the last few months......

I remain hopeful :smile: as ever.