• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Housing lease in HK and China

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ch 8 has a new program on small space decoration on Thur, 8.30 pm. So far shown a few Japan houses about 600 or 700 plus square feet and that is for two or three storeys. Very small but tastefully decorated, can take a look..

Normally these houses are in the outskirts, 2 or 3 storey, I mean. Most of it in small towns. It's usually larger than the 600, 700 sqft you have mentioned. I have been to some of them, in the towns, their house are normally pretty big. 1200 or more up to 2000. Not that they are well to do, but it's pass down by their grandparents/parents.

As for those that is closer to Tokyo, ( about 1 hour train ride). It's usually 600 to 700sqft. Good enough for a family of 3 or 4. Been to my Japanese friends place. It's really small. He told me it's around 600sqft. Him, wife and son. Not too bad.

Right smack in Tokyo, 5 to 15 mins to train station, are the expensive and small ones.

MasterYoda

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Spoke to 2 friends from PRC and HK. Understand from them the house are on leasehold. In HK its 50 years and China, its 70years.
If this is the case, houses in HK are definitely very expensive. Was told by this HK friend that even after working for 10 years, they could not even afford the downpayment.

The houses varies from 300 to 400sqft. Anything above 500sqft, is considered a luxury.
Was told it's very common to have 4 person staying in a 500sqft house.
Was quite surprise by this.

Did not really ask about the houses in PRC. Just that rental is not that good over there. Understand from him, in China, its better to rent than buy. It's much cheaper this way.

Hmph

myo539 your good friend is he?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
This type of thread normally IBs like to start or congregate.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Normally these houses are in the outskirts, 2 or 3 storey, I mean. Most of it in small towns. It's usually larger than the 600, 700 sqft you have mentioned. I have been to some of them, in the towns, their house are normally pretty big. 1200 or more up to 2000. Not that they are well to do, but it's pass down by their grandparents/parents.

As for those that is closer to Tokyo, ( about 1 hour train ride). It's usually 600 to 700sqft. Good enough for a family of 3 or 4. Been to my Japanese friends place. It's really small. He told me it's around 600sqft. Him, wife and son. Not too bad.

Right smack in Tokyo, 5 to 15 mins to train station, are the expensive and small ones.

not sure where are those houses located in Japan . But all those houses sure look nice. The program also shows small space decoration for Spore and Taiwan apartments. The agenda is obviously to promote small space but I don't mind looking at those beautiful houses and apartments.