• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Housing debate: Mah bow tan throws in the towel. Goh meng seng wins!

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
APR 24, 2011
'Housing not a 'make-or-break' election issue'
By Fiona Chan & Robin Chan

bowtan.carolinechia.jpg

'There are so many other issues,' he told reporters at a press conference after a youth dialogue on the new Tampines Town Hub. -- ST PHOTO: CAROLINE CHIA

HOUSING will not be a make-or-break issue in this year's general elections, National Development Minister Mah Bow Tan said on Sunday.

'There are so many other issues,' he told reporters at a press conference after a youth dialogue on the new Tampines Town Hub.

But Mr Mah again took pains to rebut the Workers' Party's latest comments on housing, calling the WP's proposals for cheaper housing 'ill-conceived and even dangerous'.

In a detailed four-page statement he issued on Sunday, he reiterated that the WP's suggestion to reduce new flat prices would 'distort the market and destroy the value of the million flats owned by Singaporeans today'.

'Despite WP's denial, it's proposal to lower flat prices by paying less for land will constitute a draw on reserves,' he added.

Mr Mah also described Workers' Party leader Low Thia Khiang as 'mischievous' for alleging that the Government has been guilty of taking from Singapore's reserves for years.

'This is highly misleading,' Mr Mah said. 'The Government is fiscally prudent.'

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
HOUSING will not be a make-or-break issue in this year's general elections, National Development Minister Mah Bow Tan said on Sunday.
'There are so many other issues,' he told reporters at a press conference after a youth dialogue on the new Tampines Town Hub.

hmm... with the prospects of the prices of a 4 room HDB pigeon with an approximate floor area of 95 sqm tagged at SGD$450K in year 2020, i reckoned the HDB is a big issue now :eek::eek::eek:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have a rather simplistic solution to the housing issue. Tighten FT import, restrict foreign ownership and the housing prices will correct itself.

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal
hmm... with the prospects of the prices of a 4 room HDB pigeon with an approximate floor area of 95 sqm tagged at SGD$450K in year 2020, i reckoned the HDB is a big issue now :eek::eek::eek:

I heard new 4 rooms are about $200-$250K now

Not that bad lah!

Unless you are a fucking faggot and have to buy from resale market.