• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Hosting the 2026 Commonwealth Games

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Earlier today, I read about Singapore and Malaysia may be considering to host the 2026 Commonwealth Games (the "2026 CG")
May I suggest that the Singapore consider the reasons that Victoria, Australia; Alberta, Canada; City of Hamilton, Canada, decided not to host the 2026 CG.
Based on cost over runs incurred for a past Youth Olympics, and the estimated costs of about US$4 billion to host the 2026 CG, I believe that the US$4 billion can be put to much better use, to assist financially less well off senior citizens and younger families, with their medical and education.

Last edited:

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Knn.
Get the English to hosts. If not cancel the game.

The English still really want to live in yesterday's glory ... Still think they are the overlord.

No money no talk..

gsbslut

Stupidman
Loyal
why singapore pap like to waste money on this shit, then say money not enough and then increase gst and all other charges and fees :FU:

FUCK PAP:FU:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
We should just let mudland do it and not get involved. Let them have all the glory. PAP better don't itchy backside and try to act hero. We are talking about a likely expenditure of US$4.8 billion.

Singapore assessing 'feasibility of invite' to host 2026 Commonwealth Games​

"We welcome innovative proposals and are in positive discussions with potential hosts," said a spokesperson for the Commonwealth Games Federation.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/sin...-2026-singapore-host-malaysia-sportsg-4195256

gsbslut

Stupidman
Loyal
We should just let mudland do it and not get involved. Let them have all the glory. PAP better don't itchy backside and try to act hero. We are talking about a likely expenditure of US$4.8 billion.

"We welcome innovative proposals and are in positive discussions with potential hosts," said a spokesperson for the Commonwealth Games Federation.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/sin...-2026-singapore-host-malaysia-sportsg-4195256
just scrap this stupid games.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Mudland baited with grant of $194 million. That's not enough lah. But müds could jolly well take the bait.:biggrin:

Malaysia fancied as host for 2026 Commonwealth Games​

Glenn Moore
March 12, 2024

Malaysia has emerged as a frontrunner to host the 2026 Commonwealth Games after receiving an offer of almost $200 million to help salvage the multi-sport event.

The Commonwealth Games Federation (CGF) has offered Malaysia $194 million towards hosting the Games as negotiations continue with several nations, including Australia.

The CGF offer would be funded from the $380 million in compensation paid by the state of Victoria which withdrew as host last year, citing cost blowouts.

Commonwealth Games Australia chief executive Craig Phillips declined to comment on the Malaysia offer on Tuesday.

But Phillips has previously said Australia, while remaining keen to host the 2026 edition, would support other nations being given hosting rights.

The Olympic Council of Malaysia has confirmed the offer to replace Victoria as host of the next Games, which could be postponed until 2027.

“The offer includes significant financial investment of Stg 100 million ($194 million) to support the local delivery and legacy planning of the 2026 edition,” the council said in a statement.

A ‘formal invitation’ to host was received last month from the CGF, with two other nations outside of Australia also understood to have canvassed initial interest in hosting.

The CGF confirmed the possibility of the event being held in Malaysia.

“Malaysia has a fantastic track record of delivering sporting events and the 1998 Commonwealth Games in Kuala Lumpur were hugely successful,” a CGF spokesperson said.

“We are encouraged by their early concepts of building on this legacy through the use of many of the same world-class facilities.”

The CGF said it was in “advanced, confidential discussions with potential hosts” – any of which would benefit from the promised $194 million financial and strategic support available from the Victoria withdrawal settlement.

https://www.aap.com.au/news/malaysia-offered-100m-to-host-2026-commonwealth-games/

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
now only 7.15am. i eating apple drinking nescafe. At 7.45am then 5mins bathe and dress up and off i go.
You have a good day. I am having kopi-O kosong, you tiao and marlboro lights. See how, not sure if I'll go in office today, nothing major. I might take a drive to east coast and do a half run/half walk and beo chiobu.

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
You have a good day. I am having kopi-O kosong, you tiao and marlboro lights. See how, not sure if I'll go in office today, nothing major. I might take a drive to east coast and do a half run/half walk and beo chiobu.
You are living a happy life. I envy you. :thumbsup:

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Let others host the 2026 CG