• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Hope our friends in South Island, NZ are okay

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My heart goes out to the Kiwis affected by the quake.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/4096872/Canterbury-quake-over-but-fear-remains

4096933_600x400.jpg

They were dragged from their sleep at 4:36am, confused and terrified as an earthquake tore the ground apart, buckling roads, remaking the landscape and wrecking homes and shops.

Yet as yesterday dawned Canterbury residents could barely believe they had got through the country's most damaging earthquake since the 1931 Napier disaster with so little loss of life.

The 7.1 magnitude quake, centred 40km west of Christchurch, shut down the central city and caused up to $2 billion in property damage, but the human toll appears to be just one death - a heart attack during the quake - and the serious injury of two men hit by window glass and chimney bricks.

By late morning there was an period of panic that at times threatened to turn ugly.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
OMG, I saw this yesterday.. Lets pray for them...

My heart goes out to the Kiwis affected by the quake.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/4096872/Canterbury-quake-over-but-fear-remains

4096933_600x400.jpg

They were dragged from their sleep at 4:36am, confused and terrified as an earthquake tore the ground apart, buckling roads, remaking the landscape and wrecking homes and shops.

Yet as yesterday dawned Canterbury residents could barely believe they had got through the country's most damaging earthquake since the 1931 Napier disaster with so little loss of life.

The 7.1 magnitude quake, centred 40km west of Christchurch, shut down the central city and caused up to $2 billion in property damage, but the human toll appears to be just one death - a heart attack during the quake - and the serious injury of two men hit by window glass and chimney bricks.

By late morning there was an period of panic that at times threatened to turn ugly.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why waste your emotions on people you don't even know?:confused:

Look, I did suffered some hail damages this year and I called up this Kiwi colleague who advised me on what to do.

Yes, I do have this colleague who has families in Christchurch/Canterbury. He was unable to contact his loved ones because communications were down.

Moreover, I can relate to the haunting "sounds" that the earthquake or storm generates. It is something that I will recall esp when it trigger the epinephrine rush.

Part of the excitement of living on the shaky isles?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Yes, I do have this colleague who has families in Christchurch/Canterbury. He was unable to contact his loved ones because communications were down.

Your heart can go out to your colleague but don't waste it on people you don't know.