• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Holiday in Hokkaido

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
TV journalist TracyTan, successful TV show "All about Tracy". Social, personal commentary about life in the BIG APPLE. Meets and even blogged about her 1st love from college, Tornado, got married but fail to conceive due to low hubby low sperm count. Decide to try various ways including multiple trips overseas to see if "romance" in a less stressed environment could help with the problem. Along the way meets various people on ways to get her "baby". A journey of fun, sadness, disappointment and hilarity as she seeks the elusive goal of being a mum.

hmmmm......

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
TV journalist TracyTan, successful TV show "All about Tracy". Social, personal commentary about life in the BIG APPLE. Meets and even blogged about her 1st love from college, Tornado, got married but fail to conceive due to low hubby low sperm count. Decide to try various ways including multiple trips overseas to see if "romance" in a less stressed environment could help with the problem. Along the way meets various people on ways to get her "baby". A journey of fun, sadness, disappointment and hilarity as she seeks the elusive goal of being a mum.

hahahaha..u r imaginative and creative :smile:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Indeed, unfortunately I can't survive in SG because of my imagination. I still remember trying to explain the 4th state of matter to my teacher and got stared at "Its not in the textbook!"

indeed. the pap is afraid of singaporeans who are like you...who are eloquent, intelligent, charismatic, imaginative, knowledgeable, creative, outspoken, etc.

The pap prefers to deal with obedient, subservient, b.ll less singaporeans.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its ok, I've decided a long time ago not to deal with them as well.

indeed. the pap is afraid of singaporeans who are like you...who are eloquent, intelligent, charismatic, imaginative, knowledgeable, creative, outspoken, etc.

The pap prefers to deal with obedient, subservient, b.ll less singaporeans.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
You hiring? The thought cross my mind. But, unless I get the same level or better quality of life here, what is the point. Mind you, I mentioned quality of life, not just $$$, i.e. a mini cooper S, which I'm driving now, A double storey, 4 bedroom, not rooms, house. Free medicare, a good social structure. Could I get that if I return to Singapore?

By moving out of SG, you are a loss to Singapore and Singaporeans.

Ever thought of returning to SG?

lee6100

Alfrescian
Loyal
We are planning to go to Hokkaido for a holiday in Oct or Nov. two couples, four people..self drive.

Any advice?

Thanks

Check with Prime Travel at Hong Leong Building. They're the best for Hokkaido holidays. Can help you plan a self-drive trip.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You hiring? The thought cross my mind. But, unless I get the same level or better quality of life here, what is the point. Mind you, I mentioned quality of life, not just $$$, i.e. a mini cooper S, which I'm driving now, A double storey, 4 bedroom, not rooms, house. Free medicare, a good social structure. Could I get that if I return to Singapore?

You make many Singaporeans envious..I think only pap lackeys can afford your kind of living in SG

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Yes, my friend Alan recommends that we go for abt 10 days during oct/nov. is that too long for just hokkaido?

10 days in Hokkaido is not too long. Lots to see and lots to eat. Please don't worry about what others say about radiation. If you come across any study check if its doen in Hokkaido, its probably not. Japan is a big country not like our peesai. Many Japs told me that the best seafood comes from Hokkaido due to it being very north and cold and close to Russia too so the sea creatures are bigger and fatter. Can you imagine I paid only like S$150 for a gigantic king crab and oh cost of living is generally cheaper in Hokkaido so you will not complain about prices there for most things.

nothing has been done yet.

the planning is tentatively for 10 days, mainly for food, nature and onsen.

Like I said at that time the whole place is turned into orangey red because leaves changing colour during autumn and you could see mountains and volcanos covered in this colour. I'll show you some photos when I get back cos its not in this macbook.

is onsen that good? alan did say that we must visit them

Onsen is really good if you get the right ryokan but generally most are very good la. Most people got just for a night stay cos its expensive and also I guess its enough for therapy. However since you have 10 days I will recommend you to spend 2 days in different ryokans at different locations. Check-in time is normally 3pm and check out at 10am. But then with this timing you could do your hot spring like afternoon, then after dinner before sleep and in the morning. You will feel your skin feels so smooth for days. Its really good for detoxification too.

is the onsen for private use? can accommodate two couples?

Most onsen have public pools separate for male and female. However there are some more expensive ones where they have private pools in the room so couples can enjoy private time together instead of with the public. Your question about foursome I am not too sure however there are also family pools to accommodate 4-6 people.

(knn alan here alan there make me jealous liao)

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Don't you need to be able to speak Japanese if you want to stay in ryokan? I heard they only speak Japanese and most don't speak English.

Not really la. Japanese needs overseas visitors especially after the recent disaster. Don't worry.

is kyushu's scenery nice and romantic?

Focus focus TracyTan866, focus don't be distracted. Hokkaido is a great choice.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not really la. Japanese needs overseas visitors especially after the recent disaster. Don't worry.

None of the four of us speak Japanese. So you think it is wise to still consider a self drive, free and easy Hokkaido or Kyushu holiday?