• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

HK actor Joel Chan temporarily banned from livestreaming on Chinese platform after speaking in Cantonese

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal

HK actor Joel Chan temporarily banned from livestreaming on Chinese platform after speaking in Cantonese​

Sylvia Looi
Wed, 9 November 2022, 11:47 am·1-min read
malaysia.news.yahoo.com

Malay Mail
KUALA LUMPUR, Nov 9 — TVB star Joel Chan was temporarily banned from livestreaming on China’s social media and e-commerce platform Xiaohongshu (Little Red Book) after he spoke in Cantonese in his recent stream.

Chan went live on the platform to promote his latest series I’ve Got The Power but after the stream, he issued a statement apologising to fans.

The Hong Kong actor, 46, explained that he had been banned for 12 hours for using Cantonese during the stream.

“Never mind, I will return tomorrow night and we see each other then,” hk01 quoted Chan as saying.

This made his mainland fans all worked up as they felt the platform had gone overboard.

They questioned why speaking in Cantonese is banned even though it is part of a dialect in China.

To smooth out his fans’ ruffled feathers, Chan issued another statement urging them to calm down.

Blaming himself, Chan said every platform has its own rules.

“I was not aware of it but now I have been made aware, (I) hope everyone will continue to support I’ve Got The Power. “

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Winnie Xi is on a quest to wipe out all local dialects, just like old fart. Cantonese come first because the writing style is different and CCPee propaganda dept cannot understand written Cantonese.

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If China were smashed into an assortment of smaller countries like the former Yugoslavia, this would not be a problem. :cool:

We could even have an independent 大理国 in southwest China like in the good old days. :wink:

WKQOWqF.jpg

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal

HK actor Joel Chan temporarily banned from livestreaming on Chinese platform after speaking in Cantonese​

Sylvia Looi
Wed, 9 November 2022, 11:47 am·1-min read
malaysia.news.yahoo.com

Malay Mail
KUALA LUMPUR, Nov 9 — TVB star Joel Chan was temporarily banned from livestreaming on China’s social media and e-commerce platform Xiaohongshu (Little Red Book) after he spoke in Cantonese in his recent stream.

Chan went live on the platform to promote his latest series I’ve Got The Power but after the stream, he issued a statement apologising to fans.

The Hong Kong actor, 46, explained that he had been banned for 12 hours for using Cantonese during the stream.

“Never mind, I will return tomorrow night and we see each other then,” hk01 quoted Chan as saying.

This made his mainland fans all worked up as they felt the platform had gone overboard.

They questioned why speaking in Cantonese is banned even though it is part of a dialect in China.

To smooth out his fans’ ruffled feathers, Chan issued another statement urging them to calm down.

Blaming himself, Chan said every platform has its own rules.

“I was not aware of it but now I have been made aware, (I) hope everyone will continue to support I’ve Got The Power. “

This fucker is quite a good actor.