• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat His Majesty The Thai King has just passed away.

blackmore

Alfrescian
Loyal
This afternoon

RIP your Majesty !

It looks like he may have left earlier and the rest is choreographed in support of the funeral to the public.

It draws resemblance to last years funeral where rumored old man passed away much earlier than declared base on pictures circulating on the net.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Although I've been to LOS for holidays I'm not familiar with Thai politics.

Was he a really a good king & well loved by the people, or some kind of thai LKY:confused: LKY took advantage of his position to enrich himself & many of the "lesser mortals" were brain washed. He treated Sporeans as digits, working units,.. & people feared him rather than love him.

I've been watching CNA & they are just being politically correct without giving any real insights to his popularity with the "lesser mortals" of Thailand.
So was he really a popular king among normal thais:confused:

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Bhumibol's death is a major test for the country's generals, who seized power in 2014 vowing to restore stability after a decade of political chaos, a turbulent period exacerbated by the king's declining health as jostling elites competed for power.

The military has deep links with the palace and many inside the kingdom saw the putsch as a move to ensure generals could stamp down on any instability during a succession.

It is difficult to overestimate how important Bhumibol has been to most of his subjects, who from cradle to grave have been taught about his devotion to his people in newspapers, history books and nightly television broadcasts.

Backed by an intense palace-driven personality cult, he is revered as a demigod by many, seen as rising above the din of the kingdom's notoriously fractious political scene.

It is not unusual to see Thais moved to tears when they talk of a future without him.

is passing will still be a huge shock to the nation.

His reign spanned a remarkable era in which Thailand transformed itself from an impoverished, rural nation into one of the region's most successful economies, dodging the civil wars and communist takeovers of its neighbours.

He built a reputation for criss-crossing the nation to visit the rural poor and sometimes intervened to quell key moments of political violence - although other times he stayed silent and he approved most of the army's many coups during his reign.

Any criticism or effective republican sentiment has been erased inside Thailand by a draconian lese majeste law, use of which has surged since the military's latest takeover.

Unquote

We are saddened by the loss of a great monarch leader.

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
Although I've been to LOS for holidays I'm not familiar with Thai politics.

Was he a really a good king & well loved by the people, or some kind of thai LKY:confused: LKY took advantage of his position to enrich himself & many of the "lesser mortals" were brain washed. He treated Sporeans as digits, working units,.. & people feared him rather than love him.

I've been watching CNA & they are just being politically correct without giving any real insights to his popularity with the "lesser mortals" of Thailand.
So was he really a popular king among normal thais:confused:

I'm more amused by those sinkies acquanitances on my facebook page mourning as though they knew him, claimed that he's a good king, this and that. All they did was visited Bangkok for massage and shopping, they knew this much about him? :rolleyes:

currypuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
RIP my majesty, may peace be with your land.

bhumibol%20adulyadej%20thailand%20king.jpg

kkbutterfly

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm more amused by those sinkies acquanitances on my facebook page mourning as though they knew him, claimed that he's a good king, this and that. All they did was visited Bangkok for massage and shopping, they knew this much about him? :rolleyes:

I like what you say.haha

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
According to a little bird from the West, both the BBC and Al Jazeera have been blocked from broadcasting since 5pm local time.

Others such as Channel News Asia, NHK World, CNN, Australia Broadcasting, China Central TV, Phoenix, Deutsche Welle, France24 (English) and TV5 Monde aren't blocked.

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
According to a source , HM King Bhumibol Adulyadej passed away 2 days ago :eek:
Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn was still in Germany , he returned today

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sinkies are a fucking disgrace as usual.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Must be one of the 70% who voted for the PAP.

I also like to go for massage, shopping, eating, .... but I'm also curious since the topic of Thai politics rarely comes up. When I was very young & innocent I remember going to see the "King & I" & really believed that life was that simple:o

[video=youtube;Vlx6gQWfjp0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vlx6gQWfjp0[/video]

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Must be one of the 70% who voted for the PAP.

I also like to go for massage, shopping, eating, .... but I'm also curious since the topic of Thai politics rarely comes up. When I was very young & innocent I remember going to see the "King & I" & really believed that life was that simple:o

[video=youtube;Vlx6gQWfjp0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vlx6gQWfjp0[/video]

Without this Thai King, his Elite Courtiers and entrenched upper classed Thais, you will not be getting cheap shopping and whoring in 2016! Even now whoring and shopping is getting expensive :smile:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I am keeping quiet now. People living here better don't speak. Too dangerous. Wish me luck. Troops are amassing outside Bangkok now, I'm not kidding. No more post from me now

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
We lost our Ah Gong last year. This year, we lost our keling San Shu Gong. I can emphathise with the Thai people over the lost of their own Ah Gong the thai king.