• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Hippos eveolved from cetaceans

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unfamiliarity is somewhat inaccurate, it is more like I dispute with it as factual.

Continents were already formed and took their current positions (over billions of years) when the story of the Ark (a couple of thousand years?) was told. The ice age(s) are currently suspected to come and go in cycles, probably over hundreds of thousands (or millions) of years. The animals who boarded the Ark had lots of distance and varied terrains to cover!!! Not to mention some species of ants who had to cover those distances!!!

Oi, c'mon lah, your God may have the authority to command the animals to head towards the Ark obediently, but unless mechanical transportation was available, it would have been impossible for the majority of animals to have made it! That's why it makes a great movie.

Cheers!

Oh so you are FAMILIAR with creationist writings? Hmmm....just wondering why it doesn't show....:wink:

Um....how do you know the continents were already formed? And let's not forget you can't even explain how there was anything there in the first place rather than nothing.

Animals travel vast distances...c'mon you are toying with the absurd idea that the animals that left the Ark were also the very same animals that also made a long trip to places like Australia? Why you think they are in such a hurry to scatter? Must migrate in one generation meh? :rolleyes:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Science proved conclusive the universe is million of years old. :wink:

Then god (dog) took how many days? So open to interpretation, another evidence that it is a fairytale. :wink:

Where did the bible say it took 120 years to build? You are good at adding to fairytale with your own fairytale. No surprise. :wink:

It is proven conclusively that DIVA is really Cannot Make It! LOL!

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Frodo can choose to believe the bible if he wished to, but he should not expect others to do the same. I'd like to know his views about other sketchy issues like Sasquatch, Orang Pendek, Loch Ness, ETs... can guess already - God made them!!!

Cheers!

...................There are many holes than explanations. :wink: More holes than cheese cake! What a fairytale, the greatest lie in history!

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course! I may read, or watch a movie on a biblical subject, but only for entertainment purpose. Hollywood should make a movie about Jonah, would like to see how he passed the time in the belly of the fish!

If the bible were correct (or accurate even), the continents already existed when people inhabited the "known" world - Moses had to part the Red Sea didn't he? Oh, he lived many years after the flood incident, so maybe not? So the Hebrews wandered into Egypt, then the lands parted?

So you are implying then that a few generations of animals lived on the Ark to last the duration of the great deluge? This is even more incredible than the story in the movie I saw! Papa and Mama bear boarded the Ark and produced Baby bear, who grew up in the Ark and left by the time he grew up, and mated with Sister bear when they returned to Kodiak Island after the flood and started a whole community of bears thereafter! So did Baby gorilla, except he went to Congo! And when their parents grew old and died, Noah and his sons tossed them overboard! Or were they fed to the carnivores! Would love to see the sequel to the Ark and The Flood, narrated by David Attenborough! Fro, you have one heck of an imagination!

Cheers!

Oh so you are FAMILIAR with creationist writings? Hmmm....just wondering why it doesn't show....:wink:

Um....how do you know the continents were already formed? And let's not forget you can't even explain how there was anything there in the first place rather than nothing.

Animals travel vast distances...c'mon you are toying with the absurd idea that the animals that left the Ark were also the very same animals that also made a long trip to places like Australia? Why you think they are in such a hurry to scatter? Must migrate in one generation meh? :rolleyes:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Frodo can choose to believe the bible if he wished to, but he should not expect others to do the same. I'd like to know his views about other sketchy issues like Sasquatch, Orang Pendek, Loch Ness, ETs... can guess already - God made them!!!

Cheers!

You are mistaken. I am not expecting you to believe the Bible. But I am at least expecting the Bible critic to deal honestly with the Bible, which I am not getting from the likes of DIVA. If he wants to bash the Bible he better make sure he knows the Bible better than his opponent. And also not be a coward to pretend his does not need to defend his atheism when I go on the offensive and attack his atheism. Until now he has yet to defend anything on his atheism. DIVA is chow kuan atheist. LOL!

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course! I may read, or watch a movie on a biblical subject, but only for entertainment purpose. Hollywood should make a movie about Jonah, would like to see how he passed the time in the belly of the fish!

If the bible were correct (or accurate even), the continents already existed when people inhabited the "known" world - Moses had to part the Red Sea didn't he? Oh, he lived many years after the flood incident, so maybe not? So the Hebrews wandered into Egypt, then the lands parted?

So you are implying then that a few generations of animals lived on the Ark to last the duration of the great deluge? This is even more incredible than the story in the movie I saw! Papa and Mama bear boarded the Ark and produced Baby bear, who grew up in the Ark and left by the time he grew up, and mated with Sister bear when they returned to Kodiak Island after the flood and started a whole community of bears thereafter! So did Baby gorilla, except he went to Congo! And when their parents grew old and died, Noah and his sons tossed them overboard! Or were they fed to the carnivores! Would love to see the sequel to the Ark and The Flood, narrated by David Attenborough! Fro, you have one heck of an imagination!

Cheers!

You really have a vivid imagination! Too bad it does not attempt to be grounded in reality and makes the same mistake of wrecking strawman arguments.

I take it then that you have NEVER read a serious book by creationists at all, even though they are readily available, many for free even. It is really a bad reflection on you if your arguments against Christianity are just based on Hollywood films! :rolleyes:

Why would you have the idea that I don't think continents existed? I believe prior to the Flood there was one big land mass (call it Pangaea if you like), and it broke up during the initial stages of the Flood. Even right now the continents are still moving apart, but at slow rates we cannot feel, but in the initial stages the breaking up would have been more drastic.

I already said the animals left the Ark, so why you think they were in the Ark and bred for generations? Aren't you being intentionally facetious here? The animals can happily bred in the "new world" and their offspring have all the time to continue breeding and moving where they like. And when there are more humans, these people can also explore new lands further from the Ark and take with them animals along the way. Are you saying this is impossible?

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I may have read bits and pieces of related stuff here and there, can't remember their source, never paid much attention to them anyway. In any case, movies I have watched about biblical events are claimed by their producers to be as close as possible to the bible versions, or so they say. It does not concern me anyway. The lesson they portray are more important than actual accuracy (for lack of a better word.)

Yes, that land was called Pangaea. And it separated way before any homo (our species, nothing sexual) appeared.

I am unable to comment how and where the animals multiplied. To me, the Ark, and whatever happened on it never happened. The animals existing today evolved from simpler animals by selective breeding, competition, adaptation to changes, survival, over millions of years. That is what I believed happened.

Cheers!

I take it then that you have NEVER read a serious book by creationists at all, even though they are readily available, many for free even. It is really a bad reflection on you if your arguments against Christianity are just based on Hollywood films! :rolleyes:

Why would you have the idea that I don't think continents existed? I believe prior to the Flood there was one big land mass (call it Pangaea if you like),..........

I already said the animals left the Ark, so why you think they were in the Ark and bred for generations? Aren't you being intentionally facetious here? The animals can happily bred in the "new world" and their offspring have all the time to continue breeding and moving where they like. And when there are more humans, these people can also explore new lands further from the Ark and take with them animals along the way. Are you saying this is impossible?

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I may have read bits and pieces of related stuff here and there, can't remember their source, never paid much attention to them anyway. In any case, movies I have watched about biblical events are claimed by their producers to be as close as possible to the bible versions, or so they say. It does not concern me anyway. The lesson they portray are more important than actual accuracy (for lack of a better word.)

Yes, that land was called Pangaea. And it separated way before any homo (our species, nothing sexual) appeared.

I am unable to comment how and where the animals multiplied. To me, the Ark, and whatever happened on it never happened. The animals existing today evolved from simpler animals by selective breeding, competition, adaptation to changes, survival, over millions of years. That is what I believed happened.

Cheers!

I suppose that's where the problem is, you do not take seriously the views of those who differs from you, in this case the Christian's view. For you, the whole Bible is fiction and your replies will take the form of trolling the Bible when you are trying to talk about it. That is also because you have ASSUMED as true whatever evolutionists are telling you, even though it is also by sheer belief and faith in them. You said the animals evolved from simpler animals, and all the way from a simple cell, that evolved from a nonliving thing. Yet science cannot prove this, and this is hardly borne out from any observations made at all. Yet you don't even flinch to think it might be impossible but have no reservations in outright rubbishing the whole Bible account. That's mind boggling!

BTW, which Hollywood movies have you watched that say they try to follow the Bible as closely as possible? To my mind, only those who are independent film makers and where the production is helmed by Bible believers have at least an attempt to be close to the Bible, but still there is room for artistic license as the Bible is not written in the form of a Hollywood script.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am able to see the bible attempting to play its role as a moral guide, as an account of human (more likely Jewish) history, an explanation to some questions our species have, as a comforter. But its stories of events are somewhat for little children, and mind boggling! We've been through this before and I do not wish to be repetitive.

Have watched a few biblical movies in my life, can't remember many of them, most recent one was Noah's Ark starring that Ozzie bloke who acted in Gladiators, offhand can't recall his name. Most memorable of the movies I've watched was Ten Commandments, starring Charlton Heston, that was a classic. One of my favourite was Jesus Christ Superstar, watched in secondary school. I liked Judas and Mary Magdalene best, they, to me were the real stars, Jesus was a little lame despite the movie named after him.

Cheers!

.................. Yet you don't even flinch to think it might be impossible but have no reservations in outright rubbishing the whole Bible account. That's mind boggling!

BTW, which Hollywood movies have you watched that say they try to follow the Bible as closely as possible? To my mind, only those who are independent film makers and where the production is helmed by Bible believers have at least an attempt to be close to the Bible, but still there is room for artistic license as the Bible is not written in the form of a Hollywood script.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am able to see the bible attempting to play its role as a moral guide, as an account of human (more likely Jewish) history, an explanation to some questions our species have, as a comforter. But its stories of events are somewhat for little children, and mind boggling! We've been through this before and I do not wish to be repetitive.

Have watched a few biblical movies in my life, can't remember many of them, most recent one was Noah's Ark starring that Ozzie bloke who acted in Gladiators, offhand can't recall his name. Most memorable of the movies I've watched was Ten Commandments, starring Charlton Heston, that was a classic. One of my favourite was Jesus Christ Superstar, watched in secondary school. I liked Judas and Mary Magdalene best, they, to me were the real stars, Jesus was a little lame despite the movie named after him.

Cheers!

One wonders what kind of criteria you uses to say that the Bible narratives are for children, just because it involves the supernatural?

One must make a distinction between Hollywood movies that features characters from the Bible and movies that attempt to portray a faithful account of the Bible. The movie Noah featuring Russell Crowe hardly qualifies as being faithful to the Bible in many aspects. To say it does just because there is the word "biblical" or "bible" in it is very naive and superficial, and it really shows a lack of Bible knowledge because you fail to note the huge differences between Hollywood and HolyWrit.

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal

Cheers!

He can't answer how many kinds are there, not even an estimate! How big the mythical boat to take all his 'kinds'?

How do sub-kind appear or get created? Must stick to the rule, they can evolve. :wink:

How the lions and tigers were fed?

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I said "children" here to refer to non-matured thought. Ages ago, our society believed in gremlins, fairies, ghouls, ghosts, and in this part of the world, Pontianak. They don't exist anymore because our societies have grown out of this "immature" stage and are not as easily fooled. Adults no longer tell ghost stories of the bogeyman to frighten little kids so they don't wander off unprotected, and keep indoors. I view the bible in the same category, except that the lessons from there are not to frighten little kids. Hollywood and other film producers have their own reasons for portraying them in the way they wish to display their artistic abilities. I do not use it as a "guide" to historical events, they didn't happen anyway. If other choose to, that is their prerogative.

Cheers!

One wonders what kind of criteria you uses to say that the Bible narratives are for children, just because it involves the supernatural?

One must make a distinction between Hollywood movies that features characters from the Bible and movies that attempt to portray a faithful account of the Bible. The movie Noah featuring Russell Crowe hardly qualifies as being faithful to the Bible in many aspects. To say it does just because there is the word "biblical" or "bible" in it is very naive and superficial, and it really shows a lack of Bible knowledge because you fail to note the huge differences between Hollywood and HolyWrit.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe they turned herbivores (aka as vegetarian) while on board. I used to received booklets from Jehovah Witnesses that had drawings of perfect harmony in God's kingdom where humans, lions, tigers, deer and rabbits grazed in perfectly manicured gardens, and all these creatures were depicted as peaceful and serene. I think on the Ark, all the animals became obedient.

Cheers!

..................How the lions and tigers were fed?

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
He can't answer how many kinds are there, not even an estimate! How big the mythical boat to take all his 'kinds'?

How do sub-kind appear or get created? Must stick to the rule, they can evolve. :wink:

How the lions and tigers were fed?

Like I said again and again, DIVA is a failed reader! LOL!

If DIVA had bothered to check my sources (we know DIVA can't be bothered, but I'm just sayin' it LOL!) he would have known that creationists have made their estimates. But it's probably gonna be a no brainer that after DIVA reads through it he will still ask what is the estimated number! LOL!

http://www.understanding-creationism.com/noahs-flood-animals.html
http://www.noahtherealstory.com/the-animals.html

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I said "children" here to refer to non-matured thought. Ages ago, our society believed in gremlins, fairies, ghouls, ghosts, and in this part of the world, Pontianak. They don't exist anymore because our societies have grown out of this "immature" stage and are not as easily fooled. Adults no longer tell ghost stories of the bogeyman to frighten little kids so they don't wander off unprotected, and keep indoors. I view the bible in the same category, except that the lessons from there are not to frighten little kids. Hollywood and other film producers have their own reasons for portraying them in the way they wish to display their artistic abilities. I do not use it as a "guide" to historical events, they didn't happen anyway. If other choose to, that is their prerogative.

Cheers!

So matured thought = no supernatural?

Where did you get this idea from anyway?

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe they turned herbivores (aka as vegetarian) while on board. I used to received booklets from Jehovah Witnesses that had drawings of perfect harmony in God's kingdom where humans, lions, tigers, deer and rabbits grazed in perfectly manicured gardens, and all these creatures were depicted as peaceful and serene. I think on the Ark, all the animals became obedient.

Cheers!

Maybe if you start to take your opponent more seriously and troll the Bible less, you might learn a thing or two.

http://creation.com/the-lion-that-wouldnt-eat-meat

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
So where did werewolves, vampires, and other evil souls come from?

I think they came from our imagination, unless of course, God made them.

Cheers!

So matured thought = no supernatural?

Where did you get this idea from anyway?

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is ONE lion, that may have a defective gene, or "one screw loose" mind - how many lions are like that? I had a dog that ate tomatoes and mushrooms from my backyard! But that dog loved pizza and beer as well! Fren, I admit, I am no expert in the bible, and I have no intention to be, I get my lessons from life and the world around.

Cheers!

Maybe if you start to take your opponent more seriously and troll the Bible less, you might learn a thing or two.

http://creation.com/the-lion-that-wouldnt-eat-meat

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is ONE lion, that may have a defective gene, or "one screw loose" mind - how many lions are like that? I had a dog that ate tomatoes and mushrooms from my backyard! But that dog loved pizza and beer as well! Fren, I admit, I am no expert in the bible, and I have no intention to be, I get my lessons from life and the world around.

Cheers!

You missed the point.:rolleyes:

BTW, yes that was just one lion, but Noah just needed two lions that don't eat meat, if your gripe is that the carnivores on the Ark would be seeing red and needed to eat lots of fresh meat to survive.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
So where did werewolves, vampires, and other evil souls come from?

I think they came from our imagination, unless of course, God made them.

Cheers!

I'm not the one arguing for the existence of werewolves and vampires, so why put the onus on me to explain them?:rolleyes: