• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

High rent pushes yet another famous food outlet to close

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even the malls these days are getting crap. High rent means it is almost impossible to find a bookstore.

I wonder how long Kinokuniya at Taka can last. Maybe it's due to the Japanese connection that they can survive for so long.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To be fair, due to the Internet and online distribution methods, bookstores are going the way of the dinosaurs. It's just like what happened to music stores like HMV and Tower Records.

When I was a kid, there used to be a small bookstore at a nearby block which was run by a Taiwanese lady. I think the shop was called Newskai or something. Her bookstore also sold toys and sports equipment, I loved going there.

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
All must eat at NTUC Foodfare, only $1.90.....

Or go all the way to Pasir Ris to eat Teo CH's $1.80 chicken rice (including extra rice and spare parts....smlj!??) since Baey Cheebye's $2.50 nasi padang has fucking runroad but you can go and try to look for his 50 cents bandung....

fuck you PAP ....u think we stewpig like the rest of your balls carriers .......

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To be fair, due to the Internet and online distribution methods, bookstores are going the way of the dinosaurs. It's just like what happened to music stores like HMV and Tower Records.

When I was a kid, there used to be a small bookstore at a nearby block which was run by a Taiwanese lady. I think the shop was called Newskai or something. Her bookstore also sold toys and sports equipment, I loved going there.

All the neighbourhood shops are all gone or those small traders, when I was young, I buy my Matchbox, Corgi cars, Revell, Airfix & later Tomiya kits or even lego's from an uncle type of shop...where I place a certain deposit for what I see in his shop & claim them latest 1 month time. There were these Indian shops that sells magazines, books etc...I order my Marvel & DC comics from & when have money the annuals....comics include, Beano, Dandy....& later "Lau Fu Zi"...there was this Chinese book store, where I order my Taiwanese & China stamp magazines....the Indian shops include stamp magazine like StanGib etc... people back then..rarely go into town..so they depended a lot on these small bookstores....

Not only that...music too...the record shops, where we do not buy..we TAPE..mostly tape!! Miss those times...:p

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
All the neighbourhood shops are all gone or those small traders, when I was young, I buy my Matchbox, Corgi cars, Revell, Airfix & later Tomiya kits or even lego's from an uncle type of shop...where I place a certain deposit for what I see in his shop & claim them latest 1 month time. There were these Indian shops that sells magazines, books etc...I order my Marvel & DC comics from & when have money the annuals....comics include, Beano, Dandy....& later "Lau Fu Zi"...there was this Chinese book store, where I order my Taiwanese & China stamp magazines....the Indian shops include stamp magazine like StanGib etc... people back then..rarely go into town..so they depended a lot on these small bookstores....

Not only that...music too...the record shops, where we do not buy..we TAPE..mostly tape!! Miss those times...:p

Second hand books stall @ nite pasar malam even cheaper...can spend de whole sat nite going thru the mountain of books and comic...almost eberytime can find hidden gem...:biggrin: couple of time found Liverpool series sex books...de uncle dun understand yinglish ask for oni 20 cents per book...somemore help moi dig thru out de nite for more...:p

king_of_abalone

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even the malls these days are getting crap. High rent means it is almost impossible to find a bookstore.

I wonder how long Kinokuniya at Taka can last. Maybe it's due to the Japanese connection that they can survive for so long.

What Japanese connection??

The entire building is owned by Ngee Ann Kongsi.

Taka Shopping Centre rents its store space from them. Taka don't rent the entire building.

So does Kinokuniya. The bookstore is not located within Taka premises.

So do Bvlgari, Tiffany, Chanel and LV among others.

You fail lah!

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Serve them right for doing biz in sinking land. Take the money elsewhere and they probably open more branches.

And yes, please remember to boycott breadtalk and all associate biz. Why be a fucking hungry ghost? If your partner or kid want to eat shit at these outlets, slapped their face hard! And make sure they pass the message to others.