• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

High pay for top civil servant = less corruption?

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have just read today's Sin Ming with headlines of Traffic police under corruption investigation and charges.

In fact, there were 2 cases, one on traffic police chief ordering 5 of his people to lead a wedding poccession to Botanic Garden, then log in as patrol job. The whole possession is shown on Youtube.com.

The boss receives all expenses paid trip to Taiwan. His boss is also charged with receiving bribe in the form of a discounted tyre for introducing colleagues to buy tyres. He also has an all expenses paid trip to Taiwan.

The second case is a police officer alerting the boss of massage parlours of raids. In exchange he receives up to SGD7000 and 5 times of sexual services (in hotels and car parks).

Seems like LKY's perception of high pay means less corruption is not true. In fact the officers is not taking large sum of money. Obviously he has not study Economics before, which first lesson talked about human wants is unlimited. Evidence from the two cases that the highly paid civil servants are moved by small rewards as well, no need for large sum exchange.

The other thing is .... isn't this under Wong Kan Seng's Dream Team? First it is incompetency and complacency. Now it is up-graded to corruption, what surprise will Wong give us next?

If LHL insist that he cannot fire someone just because of one or two screw ups, it seems to me that these constitute to major flop on Wong's management. I wonder what would LHL say if people ask him about it?

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
aiya, if the next election is coming up, WKS will not be running again, he will be leaving not because of performance la,,,,,,

high pay means no corruption... only the old fart wants us to believe only,,,,, high pay means if people wants to bribe him, must pay more thats all,,,,,,

if civil servants still accept bribe, it means that their pay is not high enough yet,,,,

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe last time Teh Cheang Wan compared to the average Singaporean was not paid peanuts too and yet he was also corrupted...

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe last time Teh Cheang Wan compared to the average Singaporean was not paid peanuts too and yet he was also corrupted...

Peanuts in Singapore is very expensive, so if he is not paid with peanuts, then very likely he goes the way of corruption.

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dirty Harry's argument that high pay = Less Corruption cannot stand on it's own merit.

1.) So is he saying the moment you cut their pay and the same team will be Corrupted? Is he saying that he got a team of crooks? Are you blackmailing us?

2.) Those who have the higher calling to serve, may it be a religion or country, do not really look at $ as the first priority, those who do are crooks, Examples : TT Durai, Stunt man monk and those paster who run their church like a MLM company.

3.) Everything that Dirty Harry wants, he legalize it first then take. The Timing to Abolishing the Estate Duty Tax is one classic example.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

You should acutally change your title to

High pay for top civil servant = NO corruption?

and not High pay for top civil servant = less corruption?

eErotica696969696969

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal
tell me who has more hopes for redemption?

1. A govt. official takes under the table money.
2. A govt. official paid himself millions for a job?

hey at least the first is shameful, there's a redemption for him.

for the second, he has no bloody shame.

Last edited:

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
tell me who has more hopes for redemption?

1. A govt. official takes under the table money.
2. A govt. official paid himself millions for a job?

hey at least the first is shameful, there's a redemption for him.

for the second, he has no shame.

The first type will get punish when caught.
The second type will punish us and ask for more.

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
it's worse than corruption!

it's bloody no shame...LOL..

It is, but its legal since most in parliament voted for it. I really wonder where the checks and balances that SM Goh, MM Lee were talking about?

The thing is that you get CEO's pay but not taing CEO's risks. You don't get sack when you failed in management. Where is the integrity?

2lanu

Alfrescian
Loyal
As long as they are in power, the white scum can say whatever they want. A lot of lackeys and blind followers will follow them.

The only way to stop them is vote them out!

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
You should acutally change your title to

High pay for top civil servant = NO corruption?

and not High pay for top civil servant = less corruption?

eErotica696969696969
eh unfortunately i am not the thread starter...in any case the tormentor old fart rationale that high pay will keep his minister straight is flawed from the very beginning...becos it is rationalizing that his minister are suspect in the first place to be corrupted...

hankcock

Alfrescian
Loyal
LKY is brilliant but in the wrong way, should just pay the average citizen ( sales, lawyers, cleaners, odd jobs labour) half the minister's pay and singapore will be a better. safer place to live, maybe don't even need to come up with craps like MM, SM etc, better still can cut all minister pay as there is nothing much for them to do.