• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Here's why I do NOT contribute to ST Pocket Money Fund, NKF, CommChest, etc...

Dinosaur

Alfrescian
Loyal
$5.1m spent on 220 integration projects
$3.1m more allotted to help new immigrants and foreigners fit in

By Leslie Kay Lim

THE Community Integration Fund (CIF) has disbursed $5.1 million, out of $10 million, to about 220 projects and has allotted another $3.1 million to new spending.

Launched in September 2009 by the National Integration Council (NIC), the CIF offers funding for projects that help new immigrants and foreigners integrate with Singaporeans.

Experts agreed that it was difficult to assess the "success" of the projects funded by the CIF - that is, if they have improved relations between the two groups.

excerpt from The Straits Times, 25 September 2012, page B5

I just don't understand why the gahmen wastes so much money on useless projects and at the same time encourages the public to donate to The Straits Times Pocket Money Fund, Bilingual Education Fund, National Kidney Foundation, Community Chest, etc...

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Never contribute to any PAP link organisations, be it charity or non profit organisation.
Better to give to those tissue seller or beggars, be they genuine or not.

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Never contribute to any PAP link organisations, be it charity or non profit organisation.
Better to give to those tissue seller or beggars, be they genuine or not.

i agree and i am actually doing it. but becareful dont give to china beggers and tissue seller.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For every $1 you donate, only a tiny fraction goes to helping the needy ones.

The rest of the money is used for feeding the parasites of these organizations.

I thought this should be common knowledge after the NKF and Renci scandals.

lee6100

Alfrescian
Loyal

As well as City Harvest and New Creation Cults.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal

You think too highly of the intellect of Singaporeans. :biggrin:

chuckyworld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Out of every dollar that is collected almost 90% of it went to admin,payroll and what not, 10 to 20 % will trickle down to the recipent....go figure how they are able to pay for all the trip and 6 figure pay....:confused: