• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Heng Swee Keat shoots his big mouth off without checking both sides of story

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
agree with the Minister for Education that some parents have gone overboard. However, in the last few days, Heng Swee Keat’s method of making his point is much to be desired.

The point of contention is that the minister did not bother to listen to the parent’s side of the story regarding the boy who was punished, having his hair cut. He depended solely on the feedback from the school and/or MOE. That itself may be OK, but…. the problem is that he used the above example and publicly mentioned it.

If Mr Heng had not mentioned this case, but simply mentioned any generic case to point out the unreasonableness of parents, that would be fine. On the other hand, if he wished to use this case as a public example, the least decent thing the minister could have done was to listen to both sides of the story from the ground. Unfortunately, he did not.

Heng Swee Keat, Minister for Education. Publicly berated a mother without first listening to her side of her story personally from her.

- http://www.tremeritus.com/2012/09/17/heng-swee-keat-not-that-connected-to-the-ground-after-all/

apogee

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Minister has my full support. Parents are indeed getting out of hand. There is the other fellow who lodged a police report just because the teacher told his daughter that he does not want to see his face. What a waste of police resources. The police should be left free to catch crooks not look into stupid parents frivolousness complaints. Further, should teachers be allowed to teach and discipline students instead of wasting time with parents.

YanDao

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The parent's side of the story should be in the police report made by her. Why need to talk to her?

hockbeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
agree with the Minister for Education that some parents have gone overboard. However, in the last few days, Heng Swee Keat’s method of making his point is much to be desired.

The point of contention is that the minister did not bother to listen to the parent’s side of the story regarding the boy who was punished, having his hair cut. He depended solely on the feedback from the school and/or MOE. That itself may be OK, but…. the problem is that he used the above example and publicly mentioned it.

If Mr Heng had not mentioned this case, but simply mentioned any generic case to point out the unreasonableness of parents, that would be fine. On the other hand, if he wished to use this case as a public example, the least decent thing the minister could have done was to listen to both sides of the story from the ground. Unfortunately, he did not.

Heng Swee Keat, Minister for Education. Publicly berated a mother without first listening to her side of her story personally from her.

- http://www.tremeritus.com/2012/09/17/heng-swee-keat-not-that-connected-to-the-ground-after-all/

Let this be a good lesson for both the boy and mother: U want to stir shit or throw shit at the fan, be prepared for the consequences; PLSE or no PSLE.
That mother wanted a gain attention by making it a police case (what an idiot to begin with; the police dont care!); well now she's got all the attention she wants.
The minister wants to make a point about unreasonable parents and she's used as an example. You think he's going to find out HER SIDE of the story??
Thats life; unfair but thats life.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heng was right and I rarely support PAP cronies.

Rules say CUT, so cut as it was not that the rules said to cut the boy's cock hair that has it to become such a sensitive issue.

Maybe on hindsight, the principal should have cut that bloodly woman PUBIC hair too!

YanDao

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I feel sad for the boy for having a mother like this. As for the husband, be a man and stand up to her!

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
After dealing with corrupt and incompetent lying people from the top from MOE I do not trust a word they say. In fact HSK did not come they would continue more in their corrupt ways. Most of MOE is not bad. It is the 100 odd at the top whcih are the biggest problem.

Hwheels

Alfrescian
Loyal
Minister Heng did the right thing to ask parents to respect rules. In the past, teachers were strict and there was no way to worm our way out on disciplinary issues. The woman blew up the whole matter first and now she says shes disappointed. What's there to argue now since she was the one to make the case public?

seesuatah

Alfrescian
Loyal
In world class developed angmo countries. Anyhow grab people and cut their hairs without permission is considered as assault and chargeable offence.

Maybe Asians have a lower benchmarks for human rights violations?

What more rights do you have if MOE is headed by HO CHING sister who is just coindentally competent to head such organisation?

Heng's balls sure kena Peng San lah!

Last edited:

shelltox

Alfrescian
Loyal

sen
In the first place if the mother is not happy with the school, then jolly well sent the boys to another school of her liking maybe the american school or the japanese school. There are rules to be followed.

maxxi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Parents react like this due to the inflexibility of the school admin.

Yesterday my son was ill with a fever, he called me to say I must come down to fetch him..

I said let him call a taxi and go straight home.But not allowed [school policy]

Now you see why parents get pissed off?

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Parents react like this due to the inflexibility of the school admin.

Yesterday my son was ill with a fever, he called me to say I must come down to fetch him..

I said let him call a taxi and go straight home.But not allowed [school policy]

Now you see why parents get pissed off?

You new citizen is it? The rigid bureaucracy of Sinkie organisations is common knowledge to all Sinkies.